Card Images / Text re-loading after every login (Cache issue?)!

geromir

@ a moderator / tech support member

Hi there!

Since the last patch I think it is quite annoying that the Card images and text have to be reloaded after every login. I think to remember that this information used to be cached locally before, which did speed up trade and / or gameplay quite a bit.

This has become a quite frustrating problem whenever playing a match or even tournament since it is delaying gameplay quite a bit waiting for images / text to load.

If you are used to click cards away and don't keep this card loading issue in mind you click away a lot of the opponents pulls without seing what he/she actually pulled.

I cannot imagine that this is an intended modification of the game engine,

so can you please verify and look into that problem?

Space normally is not an issue anymore on modern PCs so we should be able to cache this information again.

Thank you in advance!

PS: I'm posting here since the ticketing option was not available over the recent days and taking that in consideration: are there any steps taken to remediate the Victini / Victory Star bug? Messes up some of my decks quite a bit...

Holger

Hi there!

This most definitely should not be happening. Have you tried downloading all card assets from your Options panel? You can find instructions for that in this article: http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1593

The support portal is currently undergoing maintenance, but you should be able to access that article in a few hours. If that doesn't help and you're still experiencing this issue, I would recommend submitting a support ticket. Hopefully you'll be able to log into the support portal after this maintenance period, but if you cannot, you can submit a ticket by emailing support@pokemon.com.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope this was helpful! :)

Archived