Sylveon Bug

Malicreet15

I was in a match with Hutepi96, who used Curly Ribbon on my Mewtwo. It was a special psychic energy and instead of moving it to the benched Pokemon, he was able to discard it. Later, when I knocked out the pokemon, he was able to move a fairy energy attached to it to a Pokemon on his bench without an ability ot Exp. Share card.

What other pokemon did you have on your bench?  If you had a non-psychic type pokemon on your bench, your opponent can send the mystery energy to it, causing the energy to be discarded (it can only be attached to psychic pokemon).

I was in a match with Hutepi96, who used Curly Ribbon on my Mewtwo. It was a special psychic energy and instead of moving it to the benched Pokemon, he was able to discard it. Later, when I knocked out the pokemon, he was able to move a fairy energy attached to it to a Pokemon on his bench without an ability ot Exp. Share card.

He/She used Curly Ribbon expertly. The text on the card says:

(If this card is attached to any other but a [Psychic] Pokemon, discard this card)

So, unfortunately, this is the correct function.

Hey there!

As others have stated, if the Curly Ribbon attack was used to move a Mystery Energy to a non-Psychic-type Pokémon, it would be discarded.

Regarding your second report, was there an Exp. Share attached to the Pokémon who received the Energy? Exp. Share actually must be attached to the Pokémon receiving the Energy, rather than the Pokémon being Knocked Out. If this wasn't the case and you have any more information, please let us know.

Thanks for your reports and your patience! 

Hey there!

As others have stated, if the Curly Ribbon attack was used to move a Mystery Energy to a non-Psychic-type Pokémon, it would be discarded.

Idea:  Instead of just discarding the energy outright, show it being moved to the non-Psychic Pokemon and THEN discarded.  Then it's clear the attack is functioning correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stratadrake,

Good point - I'll submit it to the Dev team. Thanks for pointing that out!

Archived