incentive to complete sets

kalendae

I think it is core to the COLLECTIBLE card game that has a tag line of 'gotta catch them all' that the collection be a core part of the experience.

so it would be nice to have some incentives for completing a set beyond the nice symbols on your stats page.  hows about sleeve/decks designed for each set?  

This is a nice idea for the players. @kalendae :)

Though if talking about rewards I think fitting with the set it would be to get a respective playmat. It could be similar to the real game too (e.g. for winning pre-release tournaments and then getting this playmat with the image of the expansion) - maybe something like this http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/downloads/#/wallpaper

And the playmats are the only part of this game which is always the same for everyone. Or better to say the part that doesn't exist at all. Here I would really love to see something other to select from.

I don’t know, although I like the incentive for collecting all the cards in a set, I have to ask, how much is all the cards in a set? Would you need to collect the normal and holographic versions of each card? Would that also include full art and versions of cards that are exclusive to theme decks? I like the idea of more play mats, but having them as rewards for completing a collection might be a little much.

If anything I would say a coin/sleeve/deck box with the symbol of the completed set of cards would be much more fitting.

I think it is core to the COLLECTIBLE card game that has a tag line of 'gotta catch them all' that the collection be a core part of the experience.

so it would be nice to have some incentives for completing a set beyond the nice symbols on your stats page.  hows about sleeve/decks designed for each set?  

Great idea! I love swag, achievement points, and anything else that rewards you for completing something!

Hi kalendae,

Interesting suggestion! I'll submit it to the Dev team and leave your thread open for further discussion. And, as always, we appreciate your input! :)

Archived