Jump to content

Artifical "Intelligence", why are you doing this?


deathzolth

Recommended Posts

I have noticed a strange behavior of the AI:



1.) As long as it has an EX pokemon on the bench, it will in priority attach all energies to it, making his active pokemons useless.



2.) It will NEVER call that EX pokemon to battle, even if there is just one prize left for me to take, it will call a 40hp basic pokemon with no energy intead of the Registeel EX with 4 energies on it.



The only time I have seen the AI call an EX pokemon was when it was the only pokemon left.





I probably shouldn't complain as this makes grinding for packs in hard mode extremely easy, but I was wondering if there was any reason to this [Removed] behavior of the computer. Was this implemented on purpose to give Theme decks a chance? (Would be weird, rather remove EX cards from the computer's decks then, it would make for more balanced games)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The AI has a long history of ... quirks.  It basically boils down to the AI having no actual deck strategy, so it basically plays every card and takes every action it legally can during a turn, without regard for whether there is any actual benefit to that action.

 

For example, I have never once seen the AI successfully play a "Power Plus" item card.  90% of the time it's because the AI's lead Pokemon has no energy to actually attack me with on the turn it's used, and the other 10% is because it does something like Pokemon Switch next, thus negating the effect of Power Plus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

its AI.  im not sure the ptcgo team quite wants to devote the resources to building the deep blue machine to beat you in pokemon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Death,

 

Thanks for the observation! I have passed your feedback along to the development team for further review.

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The best AI quirk is when it plays an Ether, and there isn't an energy on top deck, causing it to fail. If it has another Ether in hand, it will immediately play that one as well, even though it will obviously get the same result. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...