Rallying Cry & Theme Decks in General

1Reshiram12

I was just wondering how you guys perform with the theme deck rallying cry and what you believe to be the best theme deck overall. Please state why if you can as well.

Rallying cry was something I used to build a round deck back in the day where it was kinda fun to play on practice mode. It isn't that good, but not terrible.

From what I've heard about the theme deck scene, Dark Hammer is the best, due to Hard hitting, and built-in Evosoda.

Dark Hammer seems to be the only one that wasn't gimped by putting a bunch of bad basic pokemons in it without their evolutions. (something I find extremely frustrating in the other theme decks). This plus double Sycamore and Korrina makes it the most reliable deck.

Another one I had quite some success with is Enchanting Echoes thanks to the turn one Espeon or Leafeon gimmick.

Otherwise, I believe Mental Might is a quite decent one.

It has a couple of good turn one drops and the combo Gallade + Miltank once set up beats any other theme deck.

Now I still haven't tested about half of them so this comes from a somewhat limited experience.

For me I suggest these 3 Decks --> Resilient Life, Dark Hammer of Current Era. Most powerful theme decks were of HGSS Era so you might want to try them when you get them from bundles :)

For me I suggest these 3 Decks --> Resilient Life, Dark Hammer of Current Era. Most powerful theme decks were of HGSS Era so you might want to try them when you get them from bundles :)

I got Royal Guard and it's extremely bad. I hope next ones be better. Sure they are :D

As told, the best Theme are: Dark Hammer and Mental Might. The Basic ones are quite good too, the Red the most powerful but probably the Green the better of that three.

Rallying Cry is just funny to play and if modified still could be good. With good hands you have 250 damage a turn, but that only happens against the AI.

Take a look at that thread: Best XY Theme deck.  Not only to the poll results but to the comments. There's plenty of info.

I don't have any of the Primal Clash Theme but I heard not bad neither.

Archived