Game won't let me close the daily challenges screen.

jasond0612

The game signs in and loads fine until the daily challenge screen pops up. I can't close out the option or click anywhere else. Any help would be appreciated. 

Hi Jason,

To help you, it might be best if you visit pokemon.com/support and enter a Question to our Support Team with the details of what is happening.  You could then include a screen capture of what it looks like when your game gets stuck.

For any input via the forums, you will likely need to tell us what platform you are playing on (Mac, PC, iPad).

My general advice would be to uninstall and reinstall the game from the latest download.  The download and installer was updated on March 25, 2015.

I hope that helps!

This same issue was brought up in another topic. He already submitted a support ticket. Seeing that the support interface is not exactly user friendly and the issue has already been mentioned i'll just wait until the solution is posted. 

• 3 weeks later...

I sent the relevant photo, and I am waiting for a reply. If any of you get help could you please post the answer. Thanks.

Thanks I'll go looking for your support ticket, Dethscythe7734.

Ok, I see the screenshot. My first thought is that it is something with the state of your current account that is leading the "ok" button to be not valid.

Unfortunately, that means it isn't something I can fix for you, but need to escalate to have a programmer dig into it. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Anyone else who is having this issue, please visit pokemon.com/support and click the link to enter a Question and include details of what happens.

Just to update you on this issue, I ran into it on my play account last night. Doh!

So yes, it is behavior we are seeing, although it looks to be only a few accounts that are happening to. Our Development Team is currently investigating the issue. I do not have an estimate on when a fix will be available at this time.

So the answer to our question was pretty simple. I can't believe I did not try this! Doh! Here is the reply:

"In order to log in and play, you need to select that daily challenge (Click on it in the pop up). When you click on the available daily challenge, it will select and the "GO" button will turn bright green and become active.".

I hope this helps you all. It was an easy "Fix". They say they are going to change the wording in the pop up to make it more clear.

Archived