Windows 8 Freeze/Wont Load

Psycho_Beaver

Everytime I run the program it loads to the login screen. Sometimes its black so I cant do anything, the rare time it isnt I log in and it just sits there loading forever and doesnt do anything.

Everytime I run the program it loads to the login screen. Sometimes its black so I cant do anything, the rare time it isnt I log in and it just sits there loading forever and doesnt do anything.

I am also experiencing this.

I amusing a new Acer V13 with Windows 8.1, all the latest updates installed. As soon as I open the programme it just opens to a blank black window. No option but to close it.

Uninistalling/reinstalling or repairing the installation don't do anything.

This is the exact same problem I am running into and tried to address in a thread of my own. I am not using Windows 8 but I am using a compatible Windows Vista computer as of right now. My upgrade to a Windows 8 computer hasn't happened yet because the new computer hasn't been bought yet.

Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

Also some users have reported forcing your game into full screen mode has solved some of their visual issues.

All you have to do is hit Alt + Enter while the game is running to put it into full screen mode.

I'm also having this issue; My video drivers are completely up to date, and alt-enter isn't working for me. I haven't played in a while, but the refresher isn't coming up. I'm going to redownload the installer and reinstall using that. I doubt it'll help to be honest, because I had this issue a few months ago, but didn't feel the need to seek help back then... But for the sake of troubleshooting, I'm going to try it. Will hopefully report back when I get that done.

UPDATE: Reinstalling did nothing. However, when I deleted the entire game out of AppData, it shows the "Please wait while the refresher is patched" screen, and it's doing that now. Will update again once it gets past that part. Hopefully I get in-game! :o

EDIT2: Okay, I'm in-game. So, if I encounter anymore problems, they are now out of the scope of this topic. :P So for those of you having this problem, I just got rid of the old files, and then re-installed fresh (The installer still saw the game was installed, so when it asked what to do, I chose "Repair"). Good luck.

Archived