High Internet Usage by the Game!

gsingh

Hello!

I am not sure if this has been brought to attention, but it seems that ever since the new update, PTCGO has been consuming a lot of Internet data as compared to any of its older versions.

I am usually online for at least a few hours on a daily basis, so this is a huge obstacle for me, as, even though I have a generous High Speed Data plan, it is not unlimited at that particular speed.

2 days ago, my only activity regarding the Internet was PTCGO, and I ended up consuming a whopping 18 GBs in just 1 day.

I am not sure, but it seems that the game is loading its card scans directly from your server every single time i tend to scroll over/view a card.

I do not know if this was meant to happen or was was unintended, but this is a very serious problem for daily PTCGO users like me, as using up 100 GB of high speed data in a 7-10 days, which was meant to last a month purely on this game is overwhelming and obstructs other smooth daily net usage.

I hope a suitable solution is found soon, maybe if the card scans were downloaded only once and saved on the PC.

Until then, I have to unfortunately limit my game time to 10-30 mins at best now.

Hoping for a positive response!

PS - If any other online players are facing a similar problem, or can suggest a solution, please do so below!

Gsingh , i have a solution for you if it works. If you use 3G data on mobile then please take a plan of 4 GB then use internet using USB cable then download all card data if possible then copy the entire cache folder and have it in your PC and in a external HDD (I mean store it somewhere). I recommend you to use netspeed moniter which shows the game internet usage as well as download speed and upload speed coming to you by your ISP . I have a cache size data of approximately 4.6 GB stored and whenever i note any unusual data usage and decrease in cache size, i copy all the copied cache files to the cache folder in app data so as to prevent unwanted downloading of cards and use of internet. I already submitted a ticket regarding this problem because my cache size is gradually decreasing in cache folder which is causing the client to download some of the card images again . Use a high-speed connection to download all card data and perform the steps that i have mentioned .

* Go to collection then click owned and not owned while surfing 3G internet then surf through all the cards and let them load . As soon as they completely load and u see all the cards then immediately copy all the cache files . And it worked for me , i hope it works for you as well . I already lost my many GBs because of this problem. Hope it works for you.

*And if you already use high-speed internet then there is no use of 3G internet but copy all the cache fiiles and download netspeed moniter online . It moniters data usage whenever u r connected to internet.

Gsingh , i have a solution for you if it works. If you use 3G data on mobile then please take a plan of 4 GB then use internet using USB cable then download all card data if possible then copy the entire cache folder and have it in your PC and in a external HDD (I mean store it somewhere). I recommend you to use netspeed moniter which shows the game internet usage as well as download speed and upload speed coming to you by your ISP . I have a cache size data of approximately 4.6 GB stored and whenever i note any unusual data usage and decrease in cache size, i copy all the copied cache files to the cache folder in app data so as to prevent unwanted downloading of cards and use of internet. I already submitted a ticket regarding this problem because my cache size is gradually decreasing in cache folder which is causing the client to download some of the card images again . Use a high-speed connection to download all card data and perform the steps that i have mentioned .

* Go to collection then click owned and not owned while surfing 3G internet then surf through all the cards and let them load . As soon as they completely load and u see all the cards then immediately copy all the cache files . And it worked for me , i hope it works for you as well . I already lost my many GBs because of this problem. Hope it works for you.

*And if you already use high-speed internet then there is no use of 3G internet but copy all the cache fiiles and download netspeed moniter online . It moniters data usage whenever u r connected to internet.

Thanks for your input.

I have a cache of 6 GB which i use as back up ever since red card issue started, and most of the above is common knowledge already.

Cache doesnt stop the cards from reloading.

Hello!

I am not sure if this has been brought to attention, but it seems that ever since the new update, PTCGO has been consuming a lot of Internet data as compared to any of its older versions.

I am usually online for at least a few hours on a daily basis, so this is a huge obstacle for me, as, even though I have a generous High Speed Data plan, it is not unlimited at that particular speed.

2 days ago, my only activity regarding the Internet was PTCGO, and I ended up consuming a whopping 18 GBs in just 1 day.

I am not sure, but it seems that the game is loading its card scans directly from your server every single time i tend to scroll over/view a card.

I do not know if this was meant to happen or was was unintended, but this is a very serious problem for daily PTCGO users like me, as using up 100 GB of high speed data in a 7-10 days, which was meant to last a month purely on this game is overwhelming and obstructs other smooth daily net usage.

I hope a suitable solution is found soon, maybe if the card scans were downloaded only once and saved on the PC.

Until then, I have to unfortunately limit my game time to 10-30 mins at best now.

Hoping for a positive response!

PS - If any other online players are facing a similar problem, or can suggest a solution, please do so below!

Thanks for your input.

I have a cache of 6 GB which i use as back up ever since red card issue started, and most of the above is common knowledge already.

Cache doesnt stop the cards from reloading.

I too am experiencing the same Ultra High net consumption since the latest update on Pokemon TCGO.

Seeing that I'm online for almost 1/2 the day if not more .. . Over 15 GB data ( and I'm being modest -- by a lot ) .. are getting used each day

It seems the card scans keep on loading over and over again. Whenever I go back to trade option ..  from say PVP ..  or stats ..  the card progress bar for all cards . . load in front of me ..  ( for a fraction of a second its visible to me ..  sometimes )

Such high net consumption on only PTCGO is very restricting ... especially since net is utilized by multiple members ..  and the plan has to last entire month.

Please look into the matter dev team.

And if some other players are also facing the same issues .. let it be known

Why cache size is different for all people  :(

It is dependent on how many cards you have in your account, as that many card arts would need to be loaded if need be.

It's happening more internet data usage (what don't care to me) but it's happening to spending a lot more computer resources which it's hotter than before of the last big patch and sometimes slows the performance a lot (unplayable and/or incompatible with other computer uses)

It's another problem but I think it's in the same way and linked in some manner.

BTW I didn't downloaded the cards to my computer. IDK if should work better if I do.

It is dependent on how many cards you have in your account, as that many card arts would need to be loaded if need be.

And that's a big problem for people like us who have huge collections. I should probably get rid of all the commons...

This issue must be taken seriously , i agree with gsingh . Cache does not stop the cards from reloading making the to fetch exact speed which which we get in our internet plan. 

Hey there!

I have reported this to the dev team so they can take a closer look. Thanks for your reports and feedback!

Stay cool!

Hey there!

I have reported this to the dev team so they can take a closer look. Thanks for your reports and feedback!

Stay cool!

Thank you for relaying the information.

Hoping for a quick and hopefully permanent fix!

Hey again!

Just reporting back from the team, is everyone here a PC user? The dev team needs this info so they can test the right environments.

Let me know!

Hey again!

Just reporting back from the team, is everyone here a PC user? The dev team needs this info so they can test the right environments.

Let me know!

I play in a laptop always.

Hey again!

Thanks for your replies! This may be due to a disk space conflict, however the dev team is still looking into it and would like to know whether players experiencing this are using Windows or Mac. Let me know!

I'm a laptop user and I use Windows 7 ultimate.

As for the disk space comment I saw earlier ( i think it might be that the hard disks r pretty much used up ..  and not much empty storage space left ..  )     My C drive has 138 GB capacity, and only 16.5 GB is used up .. so thats 12% capacity storage only.

Just to clarify the disc space issue, we have been able to reproduce an issue where space on the PC hard drive is limited, such that the game cannot save the card image it streamed in.  To allow you to keep playing, the game will continue to stream card images in.  

Is there some reason your PCs that the game couldn't write to its cache?  Is the game installed on a hard drive partition that is low on space?  Is there anti-virus or firewall software that is preventing access to write to your drive?  Just some things to check. 

The development team is continuing to investigate this issue.

My HDD does not have any partitions and card data is not being downloaded properly and cache size keeps on decreasing. 

I have 205 GB free space in my PC and i use microsoft security essentials . And i have already added exception of PTCGO and refresher in Windows firewall.

I am listing all the applications that i have now in my PC..

1 - UTORRENT

2 - 7-ZIP 9.20

3 - ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 17 ACTIVEX

4 - ADOBE READER X (11.0.10)

5 - ADOBE SHOCKWAVE PLAYER 12.1

6 - CCLEANER

7 - GOOGLE CHROME

8 - INTEL GRAPHIC MEDIA ACCELERATOR DRIVER

9 - INTEL TV WIZARD

10 - INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER

11 - MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK 4.5

12 - MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS