Whats the most competitive deck you've battled?

weirdo2000

I never stand a chance against Vir-gen decks with celebi primes >.< But thats mainly cuz I use Keldeo-feraligatr prime. water decks with grass weakness.

I'll interpretate that the "most competitive" deck being one that completely dominated the format.

In which case it was being destroyed by Sneasel from Neo Genesis that later ended up being banned because of it's strenght.

^That deck was EVERYWHERE. However, for me it's the old Mewtwo ***) wars of 2012. The format was literally defined by how fast you could set up Mewtwo, and Discard the opposing Mewtwo. Granted, since Pokemon got its act and gave us Darkrai, something that dealt with Mewtwo pretty well, it didn't stay "Format Defining" for very long.

Recently against a full deck full art (every EX, N, Juniper, Colress, EVERY supporter) and SR (every item in gold), going with some bats and a cow still testing (20W over 34 battles)... oddly I can't remember his main attackers. Or maybe he didn't put more than one of course but he shown lots of nice arts.

I think he spent lots of money in the game because I've been 3 months playing and still don't own more than 2 Skyla, 1 Laser 1 Virbank Gym and Flareon is impossible to get. Very hard to get some needed cards.

IDK why the game is pairing me against this full pro players recently.

On the other hand, the most annoying thing I faced in general is Seismitoad EX probably.

I think the ranking system is calculated daily.  so, if your lower ranked one day and win a bunch of games, you are going to face higher ranked players the next day and lose a bunch, get knocked back down and have another winning streak.  that seems to be the pattern for me today.

also, many players using their best decks in tourney mode.  (almost always a night march flareon, donphan, or yveltal-garbodor) and then using pvp to try other ideas out.

I think the ranking system is calculated daily.  so, if your lower ranked one day and win a bunch of games, you are going to face higher ranked players the next day and lose a bunch, get knocked back down and have another winning streak.  that seems to be the pattern for me today.

also, many players using their best decks in tourney mode.  (almost always a night march flareon, donphan, or yveltal-garbodor) and then using pvp to try other ideas out.

The point of the thread is to tell the competitive decks you've played, not speculate how ranking is calculated. Please stay on topic.

I was responding to the post directly above mine.  this would seem perfectly acceptable to me and I will do it as much as I like. 

IDK why the game is pairing me against this full pro players recently.

On the other hand, the most annoying thing I faced in general is Seismitoad EX probably.

I was responding to the post directly above mine.  this would seem perfectly acceptable to me and I will do it as much as I like.

Oh, sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. Carry on :)

I played one recently which was Keldeo EX, Kyurem EX and Blastoise.  Powerful attackers, groovy abilities.  Cobalion, Aggron EX, Aegislash EX, Bronzong was terrifying since I need lots of energy and have 4 strong energies.  Mega Aggron's a beast.  Recently I played against Seismitoad EX with Crawdaunt/Scoop up engine, that was pretty boring, but effective, it took forever and I spent most of the time marvelling at how evil it was while Primal Groudon was ground down by like 8 turns of quaking punches. . . twice.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Any and all decks that feature Seismetoad EX as its main attacker-

Particularly the versions that include a TON of energy disruption.

(Crawdaunts, Hammers, Flare Grunts, etc) 

Those decks are almost impossible to beat if you're not playing the right deck against it

and will give you a bad time as well.

Seismitoad decks just gave me one more reason to build VirGen ASAP  :) Anyway I think they are quite competitive since they shut down half of the decks. I don't think playing toad is a good idea through - lots of players will hate you for that  :D

VirGens are the most competitive decks I usually meet in standard / expanded. Before I built such deck myself I was able to beat it only with fire decks which are not competitive now since Kyogre, Toad, dive balls and rough seas made water decks too popular now.

The most amazing deck I ever met in unlimited contained Keldeo EX, Blastoise from HGSS, Blastoise with Deluge and Shuckle. Trainer cards he chosen were perfect (at least 2 tropical beaches). He was drawing cards with really rapid rate an his Blastoise (from HGSS) started destroying my bench in second turn as far as I remember  :huh:  That was really amazing! Not sure who played it but I'd like to say respect to this man.  :)

Also I've seen a lot of very competitive decks that use energy transfer / eelektric / bronzor and combine it with max potion. I'd say this is definitely one of the best trainer cards that makes a lot of decks rock.

Archived