Prism Palette~ Lobby Quiz

AntiFormKey77

Prism Palette~ Lobby Quiz

Mornin’ afternoon and evenin’ dudes & Dudettes of PTCGO!

Quick rundown, I’d like to test this idea of a quiz thread for all you trivia lovers out there. I would love to be able to do this thing every month, perhaps every 2 depending on how busy I would be. Here’s how it would work

• The date of the quiz, and all corresponding information (Time, place/lobby) will be posted here on the first day of the month which the quiz will take place in. For example, 5/1/15 and the quiz would be announced to take place on 5/7/15/ The location will be one of the various extra lobbies (Such as fan chat) within PTCGO.

• You will be able to register for the quiz by posting a response about your intended attendance. Registration will be open from the time of the date announcement, to one day prior to the quiz’s holding date (Example, quiz being on 5/7/15 your last day to register will be 5/6/15)

• You will require a 3DS and a copy of X/Y or OR/AS in order to participate and receive your prize. The prizes may vary between Wild Caught/Trophy Shinies, 5IV battle ready Pokémon for a basic example.

• There will be a set amount of questions and every question won will receive a prize, only the first to answer correctly (The first correct answer to have registered in the chat-box) will receive the assigned prize for that question. There will be a limit for each user for up to 2 winning answers per quiz. This is to regulate the flow of prizes and allot many users to participate and win. Any further responses from a winner of 2 prizes during a remainder of a quiz will be invalid, not count to win that prize.

• These questions will be based mostly around the Video game series. There may however possibly questions based on the Trading Card Game. There will be no Anime Based questions within any of the quizzes UNLESS requested specifically by an aiding host/hostess for that particular quiz.

That should be it for general information and regulation! Now just a couple of rules to keep up the sportsmanship of the trivia.

Rule 1: You may not look up source material of any kind (Even on the PTCGO itself) once the quiz has commenced. You may look up information prior to the quiz to “Study up” However, once the quiz has begun we greatly stress that you post answers based solely from memory. This is for the fun of all participants, to keep everything fair and clean.

Rule 2: There will be a 10 second time limit from the moment the question is asked. This is to restrain anyone attempting to search for information rather than participate by memory. As previously stated, the first to answer correctly, within this time limit will be the winner of that question, and will claim its prize unless you have already won two prizes for the day. If you have participated twice (Or more) but have not won any prizes you may continue participating.

That should just about cover it! I will be asking various friends and trusted collegues of mine if they would like to be a Co-Host/Hostess for any specific events. If this happens they will be posted on that specific quiz and officially stated to change and influence the quizes as much as I am. The "Test run" lobby quiz should be coming around sometime soon, I hope. I need to gather prizes and think up questions all kinds of other preparation. So, until then! ~AntiFormKeyblade77

Can't we get PTCGO prizes :( I have played Video Games, but on my friend's emulator. So I do have the knowledge, but if you could give some cards as prizes or allow me to participate even though I don't have emulator, copy of XY or OR\AS. So just wanted to ask, if you could allow me :)

I would love to allow every PTCGO member to participate using virtual packs and rare cards as prizes! Infact the first time my friends and I did this a long while ago we did. But I just can't afford the game anymore, I use my account really just for chatting in the longrun, I can't even just pay for code cards at the moment. With the games the investment is different, I pay once, and I can work to get prizes (Breeding, shiny hunting etc) But... with PTCGO if I want a steady flow of prize income I'm going to have to pay through the nose like I used to when I played more avidly, and I just can't do that anymore. I'm terribly sorry.... The only way I can see this happening is if some of the friends I ask to co host would be able to help out for a PTCGO prize division, but I don't want to be leeching off them for that either. We'll see how it goes after the first test run. But for the moment, I'm almost certain sadly that all I can do is XY/ORAS prizes.You would be able to participate, but I wouldn't be able to give you anything in return T-T

I would love to allow every PTCGO member to participate using virtual packs and rare cards as prizes! Infact the first time my friends and I did this a long while ago we did. But I just can't afford the game anymore, I use my account really just for chatting in the longrun, I can't even just pay for code cards at the moment. With the games the investment is different, I pay once, and I can work to get prizes (Breeding, shiny hunting etc) But... with PTCGO if I want a steady flow of prize income I'm going to have to pay through the nose like I used to when I played more avidly, and I just can't do that anymore. I'm terribly sorry.... The only way I can see this happening is if some of the friends I ask to co host would be able to help out for a PTCGO prize division, but I don't want to be leeching off them for that either. We'll see how it goes after the first test run. But for the moment, I'm almost certain sadly that all I can do is XY/ORAS prizes.You would be able to participate, but I wouldn't be able to give you anything in return T-T

Hmmm... actually, I would like to join, but what I was thinking give PTCGO Prizes to only those people, who don't have XY\ORAS. Of-course there will be a lot less people like me who know the knowledge and still don't have it. And only give small Prizes, I know I am greedy :D If you like the idea :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mornin' afternoon' and evenin' everyone!

I would like to take this time to mention that I have not been able to host anything as of yet, due to school schedules... however, I fully intend to change that come my summer vacation in a few weeks.

I will announce the date of the first quiz come the first of July, and more information will be posted then!

For the moment, I would like to thank those whom have looked into this topic, the response hasn't been overwhelming, but I am grateful to know that there are some people who would enjoy this sort of thing! Perhaps as it goes along it will become more popular.

That's all I have for the moment, I'll be getting back to you all next month! ^-^

EDIT: Hello again guys, I have enough wild caught shinies for the first testing of the quiz, however I've yet to make up the questions. There will be a delay, but should be able to get this up and running later this month. That's all I have for now, do excuse me for the tardiness.

Archived