Card images taking too long to load

Inferno792

As the topic suggests, I am facing a problem where the card images are not showing up. I redeemed a pack and it took minutes just for it to get opened and still, all the card images weren't downloaded.

I have re-installed the TCGO setup since I hadn't played it for quite a while. I played TCGO quite a few months ago and at that point, it was working fine. I am using the same internet connection as before so I doubt it's because of bad internet speed. 

Should I try reinstalling the setup again? 

i am having the same issue. cards take forever to load and even after a few do once i leave the game and play later they are gone again!!! On Windows 8.1

just text, but trainer cards tend to go all white and sometimes pokemon cards show up as just the background color of that card. and the coin flip at the right shows 2 white boxes instead of coins most the time

just text, but trainer cards tend to go all white and sometimes pokemon cards show up as just the background color of that card. and the coin flip at the right shows 2 white boxes instead of coins most the time

Well in that case of coin flip showing 2 boxes, your internet is slow or connectivity isn't good enough for the usage of the game, since after the recent update, the game uses more internet. So try upgrading internet speed. As for The cards that go white, will load with picture next time you login since they have loaded completely and others are slowing down your game since they are being downloaded.

I hope the above information helps you :)

Well in that case of coin flip showing 2 boxes, your internet is slow or connectivity isn't good enough for the usage of the game, since after the recent update, the game uses more internet. So try upgrading internet speed. As for The cards that go white, will load with picture next time you login since they have loaded completely and others are slowing down your game since they are being downloaded.

I hope the above information helps you :)

[Remove Content]

A gentle reminder:

Play Nice: Community members are expected to behave in a respectful manner toward each other and the moderators. Community members must not behave in any way that may be considered offensive, obscene, discriminating, mudslinging, or otherwise harassing while in the game, on the forums, or interacting with customer support. This includes deliberately bypassing language filters, known as "evasion of the filter." In addition, community members may not use language, whether blatant or masked, that is abusive, obscene, hateful, threatening, harmful, defamatory, religious, ******** oriented, or ethnically offensive. Discussion of any form of illegal activity is not conducive to a family-friendly environment and is not permitted.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

all i was trying to say, with some frustration unfortunately, was that any connection should be sufficient (\maybe no dial-up). they are simple texture files. If the files are being streamed from a server than maybe theres an issue with the server and i dont understand why the files arnt stored and kept on the hard drive either. saying that i have a slow connection is, in my opinion, a sad excuse to simple problems that should be addressed.

all i was trying to say, with some frustration unfortunately, was that any connection should be sufficient (\maybe no dial-up). they are simple texture files. If the files are being streamed from a server than maybe theres an issue with the server and i dont understand why the files arnt stored and kept on the hard drive either. saying that i have a slow connection is, in my opinion, a sad excuse to simple problems that should be addressed.

I agree with you completely , they have problem with their servers and they are just hiding there issues.

Yeah, I have no issues with speed since I have the Charter Spectrum connection with a gigibit ethernet connection from my computer running a Core I5 processor on windows 8.  This is definitely an issue with the program on Pokemon side, not the user..  I experience the card "whiteout" problem in almost every game I play now.  Either they are very slow to load, or some just fail to load altogether.

... I remember that card information was cached (which the iPad version of the game still seems to do) and cards didn't have to be (re-)loaded every game / login.

It look like this function is broken now on the PC client (checked my Pokemon install folder, and it seems way too small). Can you please share some details in that regard since it is quite annoying when ingame to wait for each card to load (and this is independant of internet connection).

Personnaly I think this is a bug that got fielded with the latest patch (messing up the cache part on the PC / pre-load),

if it was intended then it was a bad idea.

Archived