Best Double Crisis Decks?

thetamale

I'm trying to put together the best Team Magma/Team Aqua decks but I'm having trouble getting it just right. So I'd like to open up a bit more a wider brainstorming session than just what I can come up with.

Camerupt allows you to fully utilise Scorched Earth and recycle energy with its ability, but Claydol can help you power up big hitters, can't really have both without relying on rainbow energy in case any get stuck being your only attacker. To Aggron or not to Aggron?

Muk and Team Aqua's Secret Base can make Kyogre a devastating attacker. But Sharpedo's draw power...etc

You get the idea.

I use Team Aqua's Seviper, Grimer, and Muk in my deck with Dimension Valley along with Hypnotoxic Laser, Mew-EX, and Aqua Diffuser and various other cards. It's a deck that can hold its own but it does need improving I will admit.

Camerupt hands-down. It's return of the eels.

This. With Blacksmith and Energy Switches, it can get going really, really fast and destroy just about every other EX.

I think I have a decent-ish Magma deck now (cos Team Magma for life) it's not quite ideal but it wins against EX-stacked decks.

2x Team Magma's Groudon-EX

2x Team Magma's Zangoose

3-3 Team Magma's Numel/Camerupt

3-3 Team Magma's Poochyena/Mightyena

1x Crushing Hammer

1x Energy Switch (this one I will probably remove)

1x Fiery Torch

2x Potion

2x Professor's Letter

1x Startling Megaphone

2x Team Magma's Great Ball

2x VS Seeker

1x Blacksmith

1x Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick

2x Pokemon Centre Lady

1x Skyla

2x Team Magma Admin

2x Tierno

1x Scorched Earth

2x Team Magma's Secret Base

2x Hard Charm

2x Muscle Band

2x Rocky Helmet

5x Fire Energy

5x Fighting Energy

4x Double Magma Energy

Hello. It's me again. Minor suggestions:

1) Super Potion would be better for this. It accelerates Fighting energy for Camerupt.

2) Energy Switch is a Must. It uses Camerupt to its full potential, so I'd encourage more E-Switch.

More to come later.

Yeah super potion does work since it's technically free with Camerupt's ability. 

I'm wondering if EvoSoda's needed. 

I think I have a working Team Aqua deck, following the same formula. It took a bit of experimenting and honestly it was a lot more difficult, I just couldn't get it to work with Sharpedo and Muk in the same deck so I had to sacrifice the draw power.

2x Team Aqua's Kyogre-EX

2x Team Aqua's Seviper

3-3 Team Aqua's Grimer/Muk

3-3 Team Aqua's Poochyena/Mightyena

1x Crushing Hammer

1x Evosoda

2x Professor's Letter

2x Potion

1x Startling Megaphone

1x Switch

2x Team Aqua's Great Ball

2x VS Seeker

1x Archie's Ace in the Hole

2x Pokemon Centre Lady

1x Skyla

2x Team Aqua Admin

2x Tierno

1x Trevor

1x Dimension Valley

2x Team Aqua's Secret Base

2x Hard Charm

2x Muscle Band

2x Rocky Helmet

5x Water Energy

5x Psychic Energy

4x Double Magma Energy

I switched Potion to Super Potion in my Magma deck but can't really see it working here as well as it does there since it's not as convenient to recycle energy.

hey.. I just saw your camerupt deck.. and I was thinking of suggesting the following

1. camerupt-ex- this is a much stronger attacker than groudon-ex and also works with blacksmith. using camerupt ex means you can discard energy off your benched camerupts and they can regain directly

2. scramble switch- to use your camerupt effectively you need min 3 energy on it.. if you can get one more from somewhere, you can have an instantly charged groudon.. or imagine shifting energy from one groudon to another just when it is about to be ko-ed (I know this cuz I play camerupt and my opponents hate me for this)

anyways I hope this helps :)

Scramble Switch is a very interesting idea, it's one of the best Ace-Spec cards in my opinion. I'll have to experiment with that.

I wanted to keep the Team Magma/Team Aqua decks exclusive to their Pokemon so the trainer cards all work. That and I do only have 1 Camerupt-EX haha.

Archived