Shop Fairness

sterlingW

Stop giving EX bundled in token/gem shops...

I feel these things is just a giveaway a golden prize to players.

Hi sterlingW,

I'll submit your feedback to the Dev team for consideration and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

Thanks for your input!

what are you talking about...this is thier first ex for sale...they never did it before have they?

also we need more ex in shop....diancie ex for all of us

I respectfully disagree with this suggestion.

I actually like the fact that EX cards are making an appearance in bundled packs. It gives more players opportunities to start getting into the competitive scene. It also allows for more deck creativity seeing that some people may only have access to these particular EX cards to play with at the moment. (Depending on how their luck and status on TCGO is.)

I respectfully disagree with this suggestion.

I actually like the fact that EX cards are making an appearance in bundled packs. It gives more players opportunities to start getting into the competitive scene. It also allows for more deck creativity seeing that some people may only have access to these particular EX cards to play with at the moment. (Depending on how their luck and status on TCGO is.)

wont it be great if they had like the mega diancie ex bundle in shop?

yes...more awesome bundles please

EX bundles in the shop are absolutely, unequivocally a good thing.  Offering new players a route into the competitive scene is a fantastic, and brilliant, thing for everybody, and I say this as someone who already has plenty of EX cards.  I can't imagine the reason anyone would want to deny other people this opportunity.

EX bundles in the shop are absolutely, unequivocally a good thing.  Offering new players a route into the competitive scene is a fantastic, and brilliant, thing for everybody, and I say this as someone who already has plenty of EX cards.  I can't imagine the reason anyone would want to deny other people this opportunity.

Agreed. The Krookodile EX bundle is a welcome addition to the shop and I hope to see additional EX bundles in the future. Also, I think 950 tokens is a completely reasonable cost for 4 packs and a guaranteed EX. It's about time PTCGO caught up to the cardboard version. These bundles and EX tins are readily available at major retailers for anyone to buy, making it really easy for anyone to acquire and build a powerful EX deck. Which by the way, each of those has a code card so you can get the digital version for PTCGO.

They had State Championships last weekend at my local game store and there were 7 year olds in the junior division playing with full on Charizard EX and Reshiram EX decks among others. As with any collectible card game you do need to spend a little money to get good cards, fortunately it doesn't take a huge investment to get into the game, at least in the online version.

Hi all,

Interesting.  Since I already have a reasonable collection, I was going to say how unattractive the current EX bundle is.  I don't find Krookodile EX an attractive EX either in power or art so that part of the bundle has almost no value to me.  Since I'd use coins to get it, there's no trade value for it for me.  And pricing out the 10 card packs vs. 5 card packs is expensive although there are good arguments about statistics and rare pulls there that I don't follow.

So, when I saw that pack in the store, I was completely unimpressed.

Now, if it had a new coin, sleeve or item in it, I'd get at least one. :)

I don't want to see EX packs for sale in the store.  It will flood the market with that particular EX and cheapen it.

If a player pays real world money for an EX pack, that's a different matter, imho.  They're supporting the company and believe it or not, Pokemon International's goal is to make money.  Shocking, I know. ;)

I can see the appeal for newbies but I'd argue Krookodile EX is a horrible choice for newbies.  Really good dark energy decks are rare-expensive imho and generally out of the range of a newbie.  Having someone try to build a dark deck based on Krookodile EX sets them up for failure or a long haul.  Go for a water or fire ex instead since I think there are a larger number of deck options for those energies that require fewer rares to be competitive.

But that's just my 2 cents/yen/gils/red orbs etc.

Cheers,

CanadaDad

Archived