Real data size on system disk. What developers think?

Itachi261092

Hello dear developers. I would like to ask you a few questions. I hope you will not take offense, and perceive my criticism is correct.

I would like to apologize in advance for my speech. English is not my native language.

1. Why users to hide the real size of the game? On the website you're about the size of 200MB for installer and only 3GB for storage, but actual size this game after download all cache 6GB more. Not only that, the code is not optimized, and so the game takes up so much space, you're lying still and users of its size. This is not good.
  2. Why the big game cache is loaded on the system disk? You do not realize that the people he is often limited to a very small size? This is not any logic correctly, store cash games on the system drive.
  3. Give people the possibility to choose where to load the cache. A default set the path to the folder with the game in the directory cache
  4. And yet, I would advise you to work on code optimization. 6GB too much for such a simple game. I hope you do understand it.

Thank you for your attention. I hope you listen to my say.

1 - I think the 3GB figure is just an estimate, probably based on how many cards the game needs to have loaded at once to properly display them during a match (120 at most, i.e. two 60-card decks, but in practice, maybe about 50 different ones).

2 - Because there's literally thousands of cards available in the TCG, so if you ask TCGO to download / cache them all ahead of time, of course it's going to download all of them, and of course it's going to take up a lot of space.

3 - There are certain conventions and limitations on where the cache folder may be placed, and not all of them are actually under TCGO's control.

4 - Clearly none of us know anything about the code TCGO runs on, so while it's easy to just say "optimize your code", it really isn't much of an argument.

I dont know the actual cache size but i my most cards were downloaded in just occupying 4.5 GB of data space. Still 50-60 cards are not loaded in my game and the cache size is gradually decreasing for no reason.

Guys, you can protect developers, their code, and their actions. But to argue that such a big stir on the system disk cache is not correct - just silly. Do not deny it though. I believe that the cache should be loaded by default in the game folder and settings allow the user to specify a location for the cache.

4 - Clearly none of us know anything about the code TCGO runs on, so while it's easy to just say "optimize your code", it really isn't much of an argument.

this is Unity Engine i think. do you think what 5000 cards pictures and a few backgrounds and animations can be 6+ GB ? look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - it has about 6-7GB. Fell the difference xD

I'm not sure I can make a fair comparison between TCGO and a fully 3D war shooter.  Especially one I've never played :P  Besides, you are aware that the card images loaded are pretty high-resolution images....

But the suggestion to let the user specify a permanent cache folder for these assets is reasonable nonetheless.

This issue has been brought up before. If I am not mistaken the cache location is set by the unity engine. I will let the developers know that you guys would like more options on where to store the cache.

Archived