Game does not reconnect me when I DC

Andraxius

As the title says, I can't reconnect when I actually DC but when I close the game I could still reconnect. I believe this is because the game doesn't recognize that I actually disconnected so I just get the 15 second AFK timer. My internet has been really bad recently, always disconnecting randomly and it's really annoying that I'm always scared of getting disconnected so I can barely do anything. Please make it so that you could reconnect if you actually disconnect in the game. Right now if it's the same way for everyone else as it is for me, the reconnect feature is just an exploitable greifing tool and doesn't actually serve its intended purpose.

Unfortunately, the game client has almost no way of telling any difference between your internet connection going down, your connection being up but the game servers not responding to pings, or so on.  The same thing goes for the servers:  They can't tell the difference between if your connection went down, you force closed the game client, or whatever, either -- all they know is that if your game client doesn't respond within 60 seconds, your opponent gets declared the winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Andraxius,

Are you referring to reconnecting to a Tournament match? This feature is not available for other types of matches.

Hi Andraxius,

Did you continue to experience this after your initial report on the 25th of March? There was an update that day which resolved some bugs similar to what you described.

Archived