what should i buy booster pack or deck from the coins that i get

sean14321

im new i just want some tips :)

I recommend you to buy boosters instead as you might get some good cards from them , those theme decks are usless except some of them . 

buy good theme decks, play theme deck tournaments (they are on a 4 week rotation, every 4 weeks you will have 1 week of theme deck tournaments for packs and 1 weekend of theme deck tournaments for packs) and win tradeable packs.  it is the fastest way to build up a decent collection.  

tokens will hardly ever be able to make you a complete competitive deck, only use them to get the commons and a few uncommons for your target deck to save on the number of tradeable packs you need to trade for the rest.

but really, buying codes or packs is the much faster way to go.  it is MUCH cheaper to construct decks in ptcgo than in real life with physical cards.

​If you are not familiar with creating your own deck just like me, then theme decks are perfect choices as a beginner. However, if you are proficient to creating customized decks yourself to maximize your power, then booster packs are best choices for you. Also, if you don't mind spending a little bit money, purchasing deck code or booster pack code is also a viable choice.

I'd suggest picking a theme, get both from the same expansion set, Mash the two together and get packs from that expansion when you can. at least you'll have almost enough trainer cards and some compatible pokemon, if you get packs from the same set or collection, you'll quickly amass enough of the common cards that came in unusable amounts in the theme deck to cut some out and beef up 1 or 2 of the evolution lines.  I recommend Burning Winds, because Talonflame is so awesome.  Dark Hammer has some sweet cards in it too.  Brilliant Thunder and Wave Twister combined have some really cool electric stuff, and Brilliant Thunder with Burning Winds will give you some pretty sweet fire stuff together.  Of course I think the Leaf stuff in Burning Winds is pretty good, just not enough to do anything, Venomoth is savage.  I dunno, I would just suggest starting with a theme deck so you have some direction to go in with your 'buying'.

i got theme. And I'm trying to have all of them.

That was my start, 3 months ago, and I can say: pick the Theme ones.

You will get half the basic staple trainers lines (N, Juniper, Korrina, ...). I got it from Theme so it's a good business. Also you got all the energies needed to play any custom deck you want to build and some good Pokémon and half lines of evolutions.

So look for the list of cards of every Theme and look for the ones may help you to get all this required cards and pick it.

Also you may know that the best Theme to play itself are: Dark Hammer, Mental Might, Earth Pulse and Destruction Rush. Resilient Life is not good but it's awesome to build something around and gives you the basic (mainly idea but some Pokémon too) to build a custom Fairy deck and trust me, it's an insane idea (easy to energy boost, move energies free, free retreating costs and shield against special conditions).

If you match all this Pokémon with all the N, Juniper and so on from the other Theme and you're able to trade for a pair of Xerneas EX, Gardevoir EX and that fairy stuff you'll have a very good Standard deck to play.

BTW, save some tokens (around 1500 at all time) for if something amazing comes to the shop, which it's changing weekly and could come with a HGSS Blister which is not available any more like happened two weeks ago but were 1265 tokens to get it.

For new players entering the game:

Theme deck.

This is a no brainer, since they teach you the game on a "level" playing field as well as getting locked staples, as mentioned above.

However, once you get to the point where you can build a legitimate deck, then the packs are better for you.

Archived