Status Effect Deck. (Looking for suggestions)

ChaoskyZ

Hello again everyone, I've been working on making another deck based on Status effect pokemon and other pokemon who get damage boost from those who are under a status effect. I'm looking for any suggestions that might help make this deck a tad more potent.

Here goes!

Deck Name: So Confused!

Pokemon (15)

Bellsprout x2

Victreebel x2 (Wafting scent ability)

Surskit x3

Masquerain x3 (Spiral Gyration attack)

Tropius x1

Volbeat x4

Trainer (35)

Computer Search x1

Energy Retreival x1

Hypnotoxic Laser x4

Professor's Letter x1

Rare Candy x2

Robo Substitute x3

Ultra Ball x2

VS Seeker x2

Lysandre x1

Lysandres Trump Card x1

N x4

Juniper x4

Skyla x2

Teammates x2

Virbank City Gym x3

Float Stone x2

Energy (10)

Double Colorless x4

Grass x6

The general idea is described at the top, thanks in advance for your input.

I'll edit this post once I run more test on it to get a good feel on what its strengths and weaknesses are. :)  All feedback is appreciated.

This looks interesting... I've wanted to do a deck similar to this. There are some things to look out for:

-Wafting scent requires you to discard a grass energy to use it. I'd recommend adding an energy retrieval or so to keep your limited energy you have into your hand.

-Volbeat will only deal 60 damage even with the conditions in play. Maybe add a muscle band to power it up should you keep them in your deck.

-One card that could really work with this deck is the promo Bright Look Ninetales - that card can do lots of damage when combined with Victreebel with only 1 fire energy.

But overall, it's quite a creative deck. Hopefully my ideas helped.

i'dd replace the surskit and masqurain with 1 virizion ex and 2/2 vulpix ninetails,

take out one virbank 3 is usualy too many for me and ends up being a dead card in my hand.

virizion so you cant get lazerd and to accelerate  energys for victreebell,

then i'd take out the tropius and the voleats replace with eevee [FF] and plasma leafeon the attack does damage times energy on all of your opponents pokemon not just the defending one,
hits seismitoad/mega kyogre/keldeo pretty hard when they are powerd up.

i think this would go really well, ninetails with muscle band hits like 120 i think with 3 special conditions
take out the double colourless and replace with fire??

hope i've helpt!

These are some excellent suggestions. Thank you!  I've recently swapped a few ninetales in place of volbeats. I'll test out a few more things and try to get a new list going later this evening.

Edit: Unfortunately, the list will have to wait a bit longer than expected. I'll try and have some key revisions posted by tomorrow.

the "perfect" poke line i should add 2-2 hexed flame ninetales (one is in the basic red deck) 2 malamar ex 2-2 victreebel wafting scent (sleep, confusion, poison, muscleband, 20 base dmg = bang 1 9 0 damage for a freakin energy) for the charge, ill charge a few turns beel, then start attackin (malamar powah activates with any energy, even grass) and 2-3 prof letters (must come in handy to keep energy flowin`)

the "perfect" poke line i should add 2-2 hexed flame ninetales (one is in the basic red deck) 2 malamar ex 2-2 victreebel wafting scent (sleep, confusion, poison, muscleband, 20 base dmg = bang 1 9 0 damage for a freakin energy) for the charge, ill charge a few turns beel, then start attackin (malamar powah activates with any energy, even grass) and 2-3 prof letters (must come in handy to keep energy flowin`)

Maybe some energy switch/Dowsing Machine?

Thanks again for the newest suggestions! Malamar does sound like a good idea and energy switch could help out in a sticky situation. I'll have to try and trade for a few malamars in order to test that out.

For an update on the deck: It's still not really ready for another updated list atm. It's currently getting stuck a lot and I haven't been able to do many test matches on it yet to find out the major problems with it.

I should be free enough tomorrow to get a new list and a in depth look at how things are playing out with it. I really do appreciate everyones help. :D

Thanks again for the newest suggestions! Malamar does sound like a good idea and energy switch could help out in a sticky situation. I'll have to try and trade for a few malamars in order to test that out.

For an update on the deck: It's still not really ready for another updated list atm. It's currently getting stuck a lot and I haven't been able to do many test matches on it yet to find out the major problems with it.

I should be free enough tomorrow to get a new list and a in depth look at how things are playing out with it. I really do appreciate everyones help. :D

I can help w/testing, and I may be able to snag some Malamar for ya too. How many you thinking?

1-2 I would think. I don't have much to offer you for them currently but thank you for holding them if you do happen to obtain extras. I would not mind some help with testing whenever you happen to be available. ^_^

Edit: I will try and do some more tournaments tonight for booster packs. Wish me luck! :lol:

1-2 I would think. I don't have much to offer you for them currently but thank you for holding them if you do happen to obtain extras. I would not mind some help with testing whenever you happen to be available. ^_^

Edit: I will try and do some more tournaments tonight for booster packs. Wish me luck! :lol:

I'll be able to snag both. No need to work hard for them.

Also, since this isn't a really big meta card, I usually give those away for free. You're welcome:)

I'll be able to snag both. No need to work hard for them.

Also, since this isn't a really big meta card, I usually give those away for free. You're welcome:)

wow really? Thats so kind of you! This is going to help me out so much! for more than just this deck too~ ^_^

wow really? Thats so kind of you! This is going to help me out so much! for more than just this deck too~ ^_^

It's something I like to do. And since it's not too overplayed, it won't cost much. Plus, with me states winning, it's not too hard, and the 5 ticket tournaments over the weekend. It's really a flood on my end, so I'd be happy to give some spare EX away (As long as they're not Meta, Like FA Lando, FA Virizion, etc.)

It's something I like to do. And since it's not too overplayed, it won't cost much. Plus, with me states winning, it's not too hard, and the 5 ticket tournaments over the weekend. It's really a flood on my end, so I'd be happy to give some spare EX away (As long as they're not Meta, Like FA Lando, FA Virizion, etc.

lol

No one can beat my dark world deck , i bet  :cool: . Bug decks are weak excluding (Genesect - Virizion decks) 

What do you mean "Dark world"? Like, a Dark deck? A "Lost World" deck?

And your saying that you're undefeated with this? I would like to test that theory... Heavily.

I know it's a bit late but here is my current updated list.

Pokemon (15)

Munna x1 (Long-Distance hypnosis ability)

Vulpix x4

Ninetales x4 (Bright Look ability)

Bellsprout x2

Victreebel x2 (Wafting scent ability)

Malamaer-EX x2

Trainer (34)

Ultra Ball x2

Hypnotoxic Laser x4

VS Seeker x2

Rare Candy x2

Energy Switch x2

Computer Search x1

Colress x1

N x3

Juniper x4

Skyla x2

Lysandre x1

Lysandres Trump Card x1

Pokemon Fan Club x2

Virbank City Gym x3

Float stone x2

Muscle Band x2

Energy (11)

Rainbow Energy x3

Grass Energy x4

Fire Energy x4

Deck round up: The deck is doing much better over all. It needs a few more minor adjustments and it will probably end up being quite powerful. I have already pulled off the big 140 damage hit using Ninetales with a muscleband. I also had virbank city gym and poison applied making the total damage for that turn go up to 170! (Thats strong enough to take down many EX cards!)

Once again, thank you all for your suggestions!

What do you mean "Dark world"? Like, a Dark deck? A "Lost World" deck?

And your saying that you're undefeated with this? I would like to test that theory... Heavily.

Sure @The_Iron_bat , you can test that theory and i am probably going to be correct  :D  . Let the new update arrive becuase it is going to fix the card display problems then you can battle me  :huh:

Oh my goodness! Did anyone see the Muk from the new double crisis update? It's perfect! I want to make a status effect deck with him in it. 

Edit:Not to derail my own thread, but does anyone know why the new boosters are not available in the shop currently? Any information is appreciated.

(I've recent found the answer to this myself heres a link for anyone else interested.)

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/29617-daily-challenge-feature-live-new-client/

Archived