Looking for Unlimited Experts ( expand on Yveltal EX list)

Felidae_

Upon looking at the current rooster for the online tourneys I realized that the unlimited format would be far more available than it had been before, hence I'd need to upgrade some of my decks in order to face this new challenge.

However here in lies my dilemma, as I have absolutely no clue about the Unlimited format, what cards to look out for / what archetypes to expect and so forth.

I'm atm also a bit short on packs, hence I'm unable to build a deck from scratch or invest into any of the super expensive stuff ( i.e. any primes above 10 packs, etc.).

I've played the last two tourneys with this Yveltal Ex Expanded list and won both, though I'm sure that there is a lot of room for improvement, as I'm sure that there are a bunch of trainer / supporter cards that I'm not aware of and would be perfect for this archetype, so I'm happy for any help I can get :D.

pkm:

3 Yveltal EX

2 Baby Yveltal

1 Darkrai EX

2 Seismitoad EX

1 Keldeo EX

1 Jirachi EX

1 Spirit Tomb

→ I gonna test a version with 2-2 Garbador tomorrow

Trainer:

3 Bicycle

3 Dark Patch

1 Dowsing Machine

2 Enhanced Hammer

1 Escape Rope

4 Laser

3 Ultra Ball

4 VS Seeker

1 Colress

2 Lysandre

3 N

4 Juniper

1 Skyla

2 Virbank

3 Muscle Band

Energy:

4 DCE

8 Darkness

→ was considering adding the Darkness Special Energy as well, though I'd have to tweak the number of Dark Patch then as well.

To summaries my questions:

1. What cards would you change, in order to make the deck for appealing to the unlimited format.

2. How viable is Yvetal Ex in the format, compared to other Expanded decks ( i.e. Virizion/Gen, Team Plasma, Donphan, Toad variants, etc., as I could expand on those decks as well)

I'd also like to remind you that I'm aware that the number of “real” Unlimited decks won't be to great and the number of standard / expanded decks with a bunch of unlimited cards in them will make up the majority of decks that I have to face.

3. Speaking of “real” Unlimited decks, would you giving me some info on those ( names, so I can look for the list myself, or even complete deck lists if you have'em lying around as well ).

Thanks for your time / have a nice weekend :).

can consider putting Interviewer's Questions which allows you to look up the top 8 cards of your deck and keep all Energy cards (including DCE) while you shuffle your deck. maybe reduce a VS seeker and Laser to include a couple of this card.

I think this card is only allowed in Unlimited format. 

1) Sableye (DEX) is amazing in the deck,since it recycles energy with Dark Patch really well, and recurses any other item card. Add in 2, drop a Spiritoumb and a VS Seeker. Consider running a couple of Crushing Hammer as well.

Add in some Junk Arm. It's a Dowsing Machine, but you can play up to 4. I'd drop a Colorless, Skyla and a Bicycle.

Smeargle (UD) I'd also a really good idea to add. I'd play 2, so drop a Dark energy and a Seismitoad EX/Baby Yveltal.

Change ACE-SPECs, since you're running some mini-Dowsing Machines. Computer Search works best.

2) The deck was able to outplay plasma and V/G easily, just go forst, or stall them out.

3) I'll post my list on here as soon as I can. Thanks!

can consider putting Interviewer's Questions which allows you to look up the top 8 cards of your deck and keep all Energy cards (including DCE) while you shuffle your deck. maybe reduce a VS seeker and Laser to include a couple of this card.

This is true, and since he asked for expanded, this card cannot be played in expanded.

EDIT: Oops, he is looking for Unlimited. Ignore please :)

Thanks for the idea, I'll try the card out :). Guess I'll drop an Spirit Tomb, as I've only run once into an Virizion / Gen deck, out of 15+ games now.

I also stumbled upon Junk Arm and fell in love with the card from the start ( playing 4 Dowsing Machines, while still having your Ace Spec slot for a Comp. Search seems rather insane).

1) Sableye (DEX) is amazing in the deck,since it recycles energy with Dark Patch really well, and recurses any other item card. Add in 2, drop a Spiritoumb and a VS Seeker. Consider running a couple of Crushing Hammer as well.

Add in some Junk Arm. It's a Dowsing Machine, but you can play up to 4. I'd drop a Colorless, Skyla and a Bicycle.

Smeargle (UD) I'd also a really good idea to add. I'd play 2, so drop a Dark energy and a Seismitoad EX/Baby Yveltal.

Change ACE-SPECs, since you're running some mini-Dowsing Machines. Computer Search works best.

2) The deck was able to outplay plasma and V/G easily, just go forst, or stall them out.

3) I'll post my list on here as soon as I can. Thanks!

I thought about good old Sable Eye as well ( used to run the deck back in last summer with Dark Claw, Absol and so forth), though I waasn't sure wethere he fits the current strategy of the deck ( that is to hit hart from the get go and don't give your opponent any breathing room). I may consider though that I haven't used the card in some time now and that I'm simply not used to the raw power of junkhunt any more.

Junk Arms, as well as Dual Balls to replace the Ultra Balls have already been orderd :D.

I saw Smeagle once in an Virizion Deck ( together with Celebi, utilizing Skyarrow Bridge to power up Virizion on the first turn, which was quite amazing, though I'm kinda scared that both him and Sable Eye are presenting an easy target for my opponent, as they can't really stand a single hit by most of the games power houses nowadays.

So far I'm at the following changes:

-3 Ultra ****

*** Dual Ball

-1 Dowsing Machine

+1 Comp. Search

- 0(1) Darkness Energy

-1 Spirit TOmb

- 0(1) Toad

- 1 Laser

-1 Skyla

-1 VS Seeker

+ 4 Junk Arm