Suggestion: Make the rotated items in the shop change every TWO weeks instead of every week.

Not_A_Bear

I like this idea, It will also give people a chance to buy a pack more than once incase they are trying to double up on a promotional card that may be included in their purchase.

I didn't even know the Shop rotated every week. But that's probably because I don't visit it very often.

Perhaps a pop-up screen could tell us what has been added to the Shop when we log in?

Other suggestion- anything that costs over 1,000 tokens should remain in the shop or be rotated monthly.  I would like the HG/SS deck bundles to stay in the shop because they are hard to find in real life.

I didn't even know the Shop rotated every week. But that's probably because I don't visit it very often.

Perhaps a pop-up screen could tell us what has been added to the Shop when we log in?

Don't feel bad.  Until recently, items were only added or removed when an expansion was released or rotated out.

Here's a variation:  Rotate the items weekly, but leave each item up for two weeks (meaning there are two rotational items available at any given time -- this week's and last week's).

Here's a variation:  Rotate the items weekly, but leave each item up for two weeks (meaning there are two rotational items available at any given time -- this week's and last week's).

Oooh, I like this idea too. It gives people something new to look forward to every week while at the same time, allows them to save up for something they may want.

We have discussed rotations quite a bit on the team recently.  We have a _lot_ of backlog stuff that's really great, so we want to be able to give it the opportunity to come out.  

We know that a week might seem short, but I think this feeling is more from the fact that we just started rotating.  I think once it is normal, it will just be part of the game.  Our hope is that you feel earning trainer tokens is always worthwhile, because something cool might come along in the Shop rotation, rather than saving up buying your thing and then having nothing to look forward to for a while.

At the end of the day, we will continue to measure actual participation and how people are playing, as well as feedback, and refine as necessary.

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback.  I really appreciate reading your thoughts and input.

Other suggestion- anything that costs over 1,000 tokens should remain in the shop or be rotated monthly.  I would like the HG/SS deck bundles to stay in the shop because they are hard to find in real life.

Agreed. If 600 coins are hard to get with normal means and little Tickets, 1200 its just harsh.

We have discussed rotations quite a bit on the team recently.  We have a _lot_ of backlog stuff that's really great, so we want to be able to give it the opportunity to come out.  

We know that a week might seem short, but I think this feeling is more from the fact that we just started rotating.  I think once it is normal, it will just be part of the game.  Our hope is that you feel earning trainer tokens is always worthwhile, because something cool might come along in the Shop rotation, rather than saving up buying your thing and then having nothing to look forward to for a while.

At the end of the day, we will continue to measure actual participation and how people are playing, as well as feedback, and refine as necessary.

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback.  I really appreciate reading your thoughts and input.

One thing I did not consider is the fact that daily challenges will be arriving at some point in the near future.

That alone might make a weekly rotations even more managable. Considering how much more tokens we may be earning, It probably is best to at least let the system play out for a while and then see if it actually needs revision.

Archived