Shop Update: 3 Pack and 1 Pack Primal Clash Bundles Available

TPCi_Samhayne

Please use this thread to discuss the below announcement.

The Shop has recently been updated

A 3 Pack XY-Primal Clash bundle with Furfrou and a Coin for 600 Trainer Tokens or 300 Gems (for appropriate regions).

A 1 Pack XY-Primal Clash bundle with Zoroark and a Coin for 200 Trainer Tokens or 100 Gems (for appropriate regions).

The above two bundles will be available until March 25th.  On March 25th look for the XY-Double Crisis set to arrive.  

The previously available HeartGold & SoulSilver bundle has been removed.

This update is part of our plan to continue rotating items in the Shop, as was discussed in this recent development update.

Thank you for keeping everyone informed on Items in the shop. I'm still going to save up all my tokens for Double Crisis packs. xD

What is going to be the new bundle in the shop since the Double Crisis set is not available to purchase there?  Right now I do not have any special sets or bundles available in my shop...

It's a little bit sad that the Double Crisis bundle is only available with gems, so for those of us outside of gem-using countries the shop seems to not have anything special this week :(

i think you are missing a key method of acquisition here.

It's a little bit sad that the Double Crisis bundle is only available with gems, so for those of us outside of gem-using countries the shop seems to not have anything special this week :(

What is he missing??  I agree with his sentiments that you only get them with gems.  The US players don't have access to the gems method yet, as well as most other countries I believe.  

I do realize that you can redeem code cards for them, but at this point there is nothing in the store unique for most of us to purchase with coins...

If you visit the trade channel, there are other players who are willing to trade packs or other cards for Double Crisis cards.  

Our main reason for not making Double Crisis available for Tokens is to maintain their value.  Double Crisis is a small set.  If there were a lot more of them available, their value would likely be diminished.  Thanks in advance for your understanding.

If you visit the trade channel, there are other players who are willing to trade packs or other cards for Double Crisis cards.  

Our main reason for not making Double Crisis available for Tokens is to maintain their value.  Double Crisis is a small set.  If there were a lot more of them available, their value would likely be diminished.  Thanks in advance for your understanding.

If you don't want to diminish the value of the double crisis booster pack, you can always adjust the token of Double crisis booster pack. For example, set it in 200 per booster pack. Then it won't diminish the value of the booster pack yet everybody can enjoy the excitement of double crisis booster pack. This is my little suggestion. Hope you would like it. 

Hmm,

I don't want to sound rude - but this philosophy you should have applied with a couple of other cards too that were prime cards for the collectors out there and led to players leaving for giving those collectables out for free (in particular the CoL basic energies, Plasma Darkrai and Giratina, Zoroark BW09)

And shortly before Double Crisis was released you offered the (first only with more bundles to come?) Undaunted Umbreon special pack in the shop with a lot of Undaunted packs.

On the other hand I can not see why do you not give most of the players a chance to get their hands on actual cards which players can use in modified play. I think this is a double-edged sword taking my previous words into consideration about collectors value (I guess for the cards in brackets that was not considered at that time).

The main problem of this set of Double Crisis is it's only distributed in a very few countries. Where I live our Pokémon distributor provides the regular expansions, themedecks, promo tins (with ridiculous old packs I have to add but that's another story) and only a couple of extra things (3-pack bundle or blister with promo cards and a coin almost never were printed).

This set of Double Crisis though is not available here, I guess it is the same for a lot of other countries too where most of the time only the same regular products are sold as I just listed.

In the end you have to decide of course what you think your players base should have access to and what not and this reply you can see as some thoughts.

All the best for the future developments and ideas now,

Mefftu

TBH the codes are actually on the way too cheap side for a collectible card game right now.  and tournament tickets are way too easy to obtain still to the point where I can't imagine who actually buys them.  (same goes for using gems for packs) If anything, this game skews way too hard on the you get things for free / cheap side already.  just to put things in more perspective.  

What happens with the countries that cannot get Double Crisis? We get nothing? At least put something on its place, the rotating items in shop got us rotating digital nothing.

are you really vexed because you can't buy packs with gems or just using it as an excuse to whine for something else in the shop?

because you can trade for the packs.  you can buy codes online for the packs.  for some reason i doubt you were going to spend the money to buy the packs using gems which are priced much higher than just getting the codes elsewhere.  

What happens with the countries that cannot get Double Crisis? We get nothing? At least put something on its place, the rotating items in shop got us rotating digital nothing.

are you really vexed because you can't buy packs with gems or just using it as an excuse to whine for something else in the shop?

because you can trade for the packs.  you can buy codes online for the packs.  for some reason i doubt you were going to spend the money to buy the packs using gems which are priced much higher than just getting the codes elsewhere.  

What I said its not even related to the DC packs. I was talking about the rotating system that right now only works in places that uses gems.

At least that's what I understood from the first post, the one that says: "The above two bundles will be available until March 25th.  On March 25th look for the XY-Double Crisis set to arrive. "I was somewhat confused by not finding the new packs until I saw they were only gem-only. I read this and thought that everyone could get the packs from the game.

But we didn't even get that.

This counts maybe as a whine for getting things on the shop for you. I don't care, shop items are not even tradeable.

Archived