Official Feedback Thread: March Development Update Announcement

TPCi_Samhayne

Please use this thread to post your feedback to the below announcement. Thanks!

Hello Trainers!

I want to talk with you today about some of the things we are working on for the Pokémon TCG Online, including:

• On-Demand Tournament Rotation
  • Shop Rotation
  • Next Major Game Update
  • Continued Bug Stomping Efforts

On-Demand Tournament Rotation

As we announced at the end of February, we have a rotation of on-demand Tournaments running now in the Pokémon TCG Online. We are continuing to refine the rotation of different Tournament formats. Starting today, Friday, March 13th, we are enacting the following rotation.

There is a path to obtain tradeable Booster Pack rewards, with an entry requirement of either 3 or 5 Tournament Tickets.

Week 1: Theme Deck (3 Ticket entry) + Unlimited format on the weekend (5 Ticket entry)
Week 2: Standard format (3 Ticket entry) + Theme Deck on the weekend (5 Ticket entry)
Week 3: Expanded format (3 Ticket entry)+ Standard format on the weekend (5 Ticket entry)
Week 4: Unlimited (3 Ticket entry) + Expanded format on the weekend (5 Ticket entry)

There is a path to obtain Tournament Tickets rewards, with an entry requirement of 49 Trainer Tokens.

Week 1: Standard format + Unlimited format on the weekend
Week 2: Expanded format + Theme Deck on the weekend
Week 3: Unlimited format + Standard format on the weekend
Week 4: Theme Deck + Expanded format on the weekend

Over the course of any given week, 3 of the 4 different formats are available. 2 different Tournaments on weekdays and 4 different Tournaments on weekends.

Here is a calendar view of the rotation:
post-263373-0-13647400-1426611358.jpg

Our aim is to keep Tournament queue times short, so that you can get in and play without much waiting, and to give each deck format a turn in the spotlight.

We will continue to monitor participation with the eye to make necessary revisions going forward. We also encourage you to reply to this thread and post your thoughts and comments.

Shop Rotation

As you may have noticed, we have started to regularly change up what is available in the Shop. We plan to continue to regularly rotate feature items on a weekly basis. Currently, we have a Theme Deck, Card and Booster Pack bundle from the HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion available.

Items that come and go from the Shop are not exclusive, in that they may return again in the future. For example, if you are interested in the current HeartGold & SoulSilver bundle, I would advise that you get it while you can. Yes, it may return in the future, but it may not.

Edit: On March 18th we updated the shop to remove the HeartGold & SoulSilver bundle and added an XY-Primal Clash 3 booster bundle.  This XY-Primal Clash bundle will expire on March 25th.  

As we continue to build out our plans, we will post them here to the forums so you can better plan what is coming to the Shop!

Next Major Game Update

The Development Team is hard at work on our next major game update that is currently scheduled for late March. This next version is still in development, so it is possible that timing may change. We will keep you up to date as we get closer. Later this week we will reveal additional details of this update, including the main new feature.

Continued Bug Stomping Efforts

The team is also working to address emergent issues with the game, such as an issue that can result in a player not properly loading card images.

On the issue of red cards or otherwise card images not loading. In the above mentioned next Major Game Update, set for late March, there will be a number of enhancements designed to help with this issue. First, there will be an option to direct the game to download all card information, rather than stream it in. Secondly, card information without the image will have text information about the card displayed, allowing you to know what the card is and keep playing, even without the full card image. Lastly, there are a number of other optimizations to the card streaming system going in to increase the robustness of this system.

Text on Cards, before image loading, coming in next version:
post-263373-0-77474400-1426611358.png

In addition, there are a number of individual card bugs that will be corrected in the upcoming Major Game Update. We can’t wait to get this new version complete and into your hands!

We really appreciate those who post their feedback to our Forums, reporting bugs and quality of life issues. We are committed to addressing these issues while continuing to develop and implement new and exciting features.

After reading this announcement, I welcome you to post your thoughts to our below.

Respectfully yours,

Alex “Samhayne” Leary

Wow, the latest thread (http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/29361-here-today-gone-tomorrow/) about the things that go and come into the shop, tournaments.. was great as things look like.

I like this schedule announcement about the rotation for tournaments and shop items so that we are informed what is planned.

If the main post in the 'News & Announcements' forum part keeps getting updated about the new new shop things (I assume for myself they won't come back again - but you can prove me wrong) then this is clearly a better way than just replacing everything in shortest time - as it was the case with the bundles including the promo cards of Kyogre (XY51) and Groudon (XY52).

TPCi_Samhayne, on 17 Mar 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Please use this thread to post your feedback to the below announcement. Thanks!

Hello Trainers!

I want to talk with you today about some of the things we are working on for the Pokémon TCG Online, including:

• On-Demand Tournament Rotation
  • Shop Rotation
  • Next Major Game Update
  • Continued Bug Stomping Efforts

On-Demand Tournament Rotation

As we announced at the end of February, we have a rotation of on-demand Tournaments running now in the Pokémon TCG Online. We are continuing to refine the rotation of different Tournament formats. Starting today, Friday, March 13th, we are enacting the following rotation.

There is a path to obtain tradeable Booster Pack rewards, with an entry requirement of either 3 or 5 Tournament Tickets.

Week 1: Theme Deck (3 Ticket entry) + Unlimited format on the weekend (5 Ticket entry)

Week 2: Standard format (3 Ticket entry) + Theme Deck on the weekend (5 Ticket entry)

Week 3: Expanded format (3 Ticket entry)+ Standard format on the weekend (5 Ticket entry)

Week 4: Unlimited (3 Ticket entry) + Expanded format on the weekend (5 Ticket entry)

There is a path to obtain Tournament Tickets rewards, with an entry requirement of 49 Trainer Tokens.

Week 1: Standard format + Unlimited format on the weekend

Week 2: Expanded format + Theme Deck on the weekend

Week 3: Unlimited format + Standard format on the weekend

Week 4: Theme Deck + Expanded format on the weekend

Over the course of any given week, 3 of the 4 different formats are available. 2 different Tournaments on weekdays and 4 different Tournaments on weekends.

Here is a calendar view of the rotation:

attachicon.gifTournament rotation calendar.jpg

Our aim is to keep Tournament queue times short, so that you can get in and play without much waiting, and to give each deck format a turn in the spotlight.

We will continue to monitor participation with the eye to make necessary revisions going forward. We also encourage you to reply to this thread and post your thoughts and comments.

Shop Rotation

As you may have noticed, we have started to regularly change up what is available in the Shop. We plan to continue to regularly rotate feature items on a weekly basis. Currently, we have a Theme Deck, Card and Booster Pack bundle from the HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion available.

Items that come and go from the Shop are not exclusive, in that they may return again in the future. For example, if you are interested in the current HeartGold & SoulSilver bundle, I would advise that you get it while you can. Yes, it may return in the future, but it may not.

Next week, look for an XY-Phantom Forces bundle to replace the above HeartGold & SoulSilver bundle. As we continue to build out our plans, we will post them here to the forums so you can better plan what is coming to the Shop!

Next Major Game Update

The Development Team is hard at work on our next major game update that is currently scheduled for late March when the. This next version is still in development, so it is possible that timing may change. We will keep you up to date as we get closer. Later this week we will reveal additional details of this update, including the main new feature.

Continued Bug Stomping Efforts

The team is also working to address emergent issues with the game, such as an issue that can result in a player not properly loading card images.

On the issue of red cards or otherwise card images not loading. In the above mentioned next Major Game Update, set for late March, there will be a number of enhancements designed to help with this issue. First, there will be an option to direct the game to download all card information, rather than stream it in. Secondly, card information without the image will have text information about the card displayed, allowing you to know what the card is and keep playing, even without the full card image. Lastly, there are a number of other optimizations to the card streaming system going in to increase the robustness of this system.

attachicon.gifLoading Image Comparison.png

In addition, there are a number of individual card bugs that will be corrected in the upcoming Major Game Update. We can’t wait to get this new version complete and into your hands!

We really appreciate those who post their feedback to our Forums, reporting bugs and quality of life issues. We are committed to addressing these issues while continuing to develop and implement new and exciting features.

After reading this announcement, I welcome you to post your thoughts to our below.

Respectfully yours,

Alex “Samhayne” Leary

Please don't update soon. I need to get some tokens still. Please I want that bundle :)

I love the new card loading system. Next major patch is looking great!

Thank you Devs and Mods for your continued hard work.

attachicon.gifLoading Image Comparison.png

WOW YES PLEASE :)

A minor nitpick about that image is that when the base damage shows as "+30" or "x50" it is actually the other way around ("30+" or "50x"). (And yes, I know the image is likely still a WIP.)

As for an option to download all card data at once -- perhaps this should have several sub-options available so you can break it down by specific deck/set/etc.

Well done development team , i was hoping for such an awesome update . Please this time permamently fix the problem of cards not displaying or appearing red . And my other though is that u r rotating out tournament format but they do hve a glitch that the game freezes when some players are in the tournament and thus they lose their precious tournament tickets so please fix out that problem as well . And i hve a complain that you put the HGSS bundle in shop when it was midnight in my country and i was sleeping , you should have put that bundle in shop atleast for a day so that i hve got them during daytime . 

Edit: On March 18th we updated the shop to remove the HeartGold & SoulSilver bundle and added an XY-Primal Clash 3 booster bundle.  This XY-Primal Clash bundle will expire on March 25th.  

I'm glad I got the Nightfall bundle when I did. I never thought I'd have trade-locked Primes, but here I am with Umbreon and Houndoom. XD

Anyway, I can't wait to see what kind of "bug-stomping" the new update will bring! The various "auto-loss for no reason" and "can't check discard piles" bugs were starting to get under my skin. XD

I'm glad I got the Nightfall bundle when I did. I never thought I'd have trade-locked Primes, but here I am with Umbreon and Houndoom. XD

Anyway, I can't wait to see what kind of "bug-stomping" the new update will bring! The various "auto-loss for no reason" and "can't check discard piles" bugs were starting to get under my skin. XD

In terms of bug stomping, I'm looking forward to beedrills allergic shock being fixed. :P

I am glad you guys are dealing with the Red Card issue and I am glad that I will be able to direct download of all the cards images and also the loading card actually having the attacks on the cards with the stats so that we at least know what card is being played even if we run into streaming/download errors. 

I look forward to this update

Finally, the ability to download the card cache data.  This should have been in the game earlier.  This should improve performance signifcantly on laptops and users using wifi.

will it be able to fix red card issues and cards not loading issues?...

If yes i'm very happy, i'm almost lost the game due to this issue for almost 5 days so please release the update as soon as possible...

I like the shop rotation and would like to add that I would always be willing to trade in tokens for theme decks. There are a lot of theme decks that I don't have so I would like for a different theme deck to be added each week. That way over time I would be able to have all of the theme decks that there are. Also I'd like to see an indicator that tells you in shop if you already own a theme deck. That would help as I have a hard time going back and forth from deck manager to see if I have one already or not.

I like the shop rotation and would like to add that I would always be willing to trade in tokens for theme decks. There are a lot of theme decks that I don't have so I would like for a different theme deck to be added each week. That way over time I would be able to have all of the theme decks that there are. Also I'd like to see an indicator that tells you in shop if you already own a theme deck. That would help as I have a hard time going back and forth from deck manager to see if I have one already or not.

Good feedback, JamesPup.  I will put in a backlog item to flag already owned PCDs as already owned.  No guarantees that it will ever make it into the game, but yes, I agree that it would be a good idea.  Thanks!

Hi TPCi_Samhayne , is the download of card data permament or temporary . I mean that we have to download card data daily or we will just have to download all card data at once and we will be free from problem of cards not displaying .  Or we will hve to download all card data when every time we login ??  :rolleyes: 

Hi TPCi_Samhayne , is the download of card data permament or temporary . I mean that we have to download card data daily or we will just have to download all card data at once and we will be free from problem of cards not displaying .  Or we will hve to download all card data when every time we login ??  :rolleyes: 

AFAIK there is no timer mechanism on the cache, it is limited only by available disk space on your PC.  Though I have still seen occasional times where it has to re-download a card that should have been already cached from before....

Archived