***NORDIA REGIONAL LEAGUE***

Aiedal

***This is a WIP***

NORDIA REGIONAL LEAGUE

Welcome Everyone to the Nordia Regional Pokemon League! Here in the league you will encounter six PTCGO decks, all of which have been hand picked by our staff team, to present you with the highest octane competitive experience we could possibly wish to offer. Each deck of the Nordia Regional League represents their own "Gyms" respectively. You as the challenger, will be given exactly one opportunity to defeat each "Gym Leader"(Deck) respectively. For each Gym Leader you defeat, you will be presented with a "Gym Badge" banner that we will provide to you (even if you only defeat one Gym) that you may use in your forum signature should you so choose.If you are able to defeat each Gym Leader consecutively, you will have earned the League prize and will be listed here on the Nordia Regional Home Page Hall of Fame, for all future challengers to see!

We are currently not accepting league entries, and are recruiting for Gym Leader positions. If you are interested in trying out, private message Aiedal in game, or leave a post down below to let us know!

RULES AND ENTRY FEES:

[Content removed - entry fees are prohibited - Mod_Jynthu] ( pay out for league Victory will be 4 Random Boosters).

1: All players decks are to be Expanded Format ONLY

2: Absolutely NO EX cards are allowed in this league.

3: If you lose a duel, you lose the league.

4: You ARE allowed to switch decks in between duels.

5: There are NO refunds if you lose, so don't ask.

Further Q&A will be answered via PM or topic replies.

sorry to start this off in a bad way, but iron is totally right.. forum rules dictate that any tournaments hosted should have prizes clearly communicated and all the entry taken should be given out as prizes (courtesy of mod-turtle's response to another player whose name will be unspecified to open something along similar lines)

Kindly consider changing this post as it violates forum rules

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras§ion=boardrules

Forum rules say nothing about having entry fees. But if you were to read you would see that we are very clearly doubling pay out of entry fees. All entry fees will be thrown into a prize pool and used to pay later challengers should they succeed. The entry fee will rise as the prize pool rises, and thus the prize payout will also increase. This will all be explained in the future. As the thread very clearly points out, this is a work in progress.

So if I lose, I can pay to play again?

And if that is the case, if I win, can I pay to play again as well?

That's the idea. For each attempt there is the 2 Random Booster buy in system. If you were to win you would receive double your buy in ( for that specific attempt being 2 booters), in payout prizes. And yes if you were to win, you are always welcome to Re-attempt the league whenever you so choose. Though, I am sure there will have to be a cap implemented eventually to keep individuals from attempting to "Farm" the league for boosters.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras§ion=boardrules

Forum rules say nothing about having entry fees. But if you were to read you would see that we are very clearly doubling pay out of entry fees. All entry fees will be thrown into a prize pool and used to pay later challengers should they succeed. The entry fee will rise as the prize pool rises, and thus the prize payout will also increase. This will all be explained in the future. As the thread very clearly points out, this is a work in progress.

Forum rules say absolutely nothing about it, you're right

... but PVP section forum rules do:

If you’re interesting in creating a Tournament, it’s important to remember that they must be free to enter – taking entry fees (cards, codes or packs) as well as gambling or betting on the outcome of the battle is forbidden. You will be reported to the Moderators for not following these rules.

(Taken directly from PVP forum rules)

Forum rules say absolutely nothing about it, you're right

... but PVP section forum rules do:

(Taken directly from PVP forum rules)

I double checked with other examples in the forums and Moderators have very clearly stated that if entry fees are collected that they are to be put into a prize pool to be distributed at the end of the event. This is an ongoing event for the future, and all entries are put towards a pool to be distributed to all successive challengers that are able to win. If you took the time to read the entire forum you would see I've stated multiple times that we are currently working on the thread. and that not all decisions are final. But even if they were, we are within the guidelines set by the mod team. If they have a problem with what I am doing here, they were welcome to say so.

Ok, seems clear so far.

(If you want to get around the 'entry fee' dilemma, say 'donation', this is a common method of bypassing the fee)

Pretty sure entry fees isnt allowed. Mods?

Well I mean, you guys can be as sure as you want. There is not a PvP rule thread Pinned or Stickied by any forum moderator anywhere in this sub forum. The main Forum rules say nothing about it, and the only examples I have been able to find were 1 specific mod mentioning to someone that in order to make their thread legit they had to do 4 things, one of which was a guideline for accepting "Fees". And mind you the word "Fees" is very clearly mentioned. Not donations. And according to the words of that moderator, Fees are a legit thing so long as they are used to pay out from a prize pool for players to win. On top of it all I've witnessed a number of other similar threads all accepting fees and donations for their prize pools. So it seems to me you don't like the new kid on the block, and are just trying to hassle me over trivial non-sense.

The 'PvP Discussion: Guide' States these following rules:

'If you’re interesting in creating a Tournament, it’s important to remember that they must be free to enter – taking entry fees (cards, codes or packs) as well as gambling or betting on the outcome of the battle is forbidden. You will be reported to the Moderators for not following these rules.'

'5) Betting, pay-to-enter tournaments and scamming are illegal - but distributing free prizes is perfectly acceptable (and encouraged!)'

No ifs, buts or ands.

The 'PvP Discussion: Guide' States these following rules:

'If you’re interesting in creating a Tournament, it’s important to remember that they must be free to enter – taking entry fees (cards, codes or packs) as well as gambling or betting on the outcome of the battle is forbidden. You will be reported to the Moderators for not following these rules.'

'5) Betting, pay-to-enter tournaments and scamming are illegal - but distributing free prizes is perfectly acceptable (and encouraged!)'

No ifs, buts or ands.

Okay...why don't we all take a moment to read sometime today and realize that the PvP Discussion board is not Moderator operated, and does not reflect the opinion of the staff here running the TCGO. As has been previously stated numerous times. I have seen Moderators tell people what they can and cannot do regarding this matter. AlexManetric is a User, not an Employee. His rules are not RULES, they are guides to help the community keep itself as fair as possible. So until I see or receive some sort of rules developed by staff of the TCGO I will continue on with what I am doing. Because you other Users don't like the idea of having to contribute to a community pool in order to receive a pay out doesn't bother me in the slightest. If you don't like it, don't participate.

Okay...why don't we all take a moment to read sometime today and realize that the PvP Discussion board is not Moderator operated, and does not reflect the opinion of the staff here running the TCGO. As has been previously stated numerous times. I have seen Moderators tell people what they can and cannot do regarding this matter. AlexManetric is a User, not an Employee. His rules are not RULES, they are guides to help the community keep itself as fair as possible. So until I see or receive some sort of rules developed by staff of the TCGO I will continue on with what I am doing. Because you other Users don't like the idea of having to contribute to a community pool in order to receive a pay out doesn't bother me in the slightest. If you don't like it, don't participate.

It IS moderator approved and written by one of the most respected players of all time online-Alexmanectric. This is legit in every way, and I've seen other people who have gotten busted on it.

It's not that we don't like it, I think I can speak for most of us and say that a new challenge is always fun, not when new players are involved. We Vets know what we're doing, but new players don't always know.

Aiedal, on 17 Mar 2015 - 7:25 PM, said:

His rules are not RULES, they are guides to help the community keep itself as fair as possible.

But they are rules as iron has explained.

Listen to the Seniors and Veterans man, we have been in the community for far longer and seen stuff like this a lot.

Here's a tip from experience: Unlike you are a well-known player like Bulb or Matthew is u ask for a pack in order to participate -no matter what the pack is used for- you wont attract a lot of people to your Tournament or League

Hello Aiedal,

Asking an entry fee for player run tournaments is prohibited, as this does run a high potential for scamming. We do welcome you to run a tournament without a fee, however!

Thank you all for your input regarding this matter.

I will be closing this thread now.

Thank you!

Archived