[Card Bug] Primal Kyogre EX - Tidal Storm Attack wrong effect

davitsio

Client: 2.26.1.1191.Live.11228:77#504

Card: Primal Kyogre EX

Card Number: Primal Clash #55

Expected Action: When attacking, the player should be able to select 2 energy from Primal Kyogre EX to move and attach to a benched pokemon of their choice.

Actual Action: When attacking, the player selects 2 energy cards (whether double colorless or basic energy) and then a pokemon to attach them to, HOWEVER, the game then discards those energy cards instead of attaching them to the benched pokemon!

Steps to Reproduce: Attach enough energy for Primal Kyogre EX to attack and have at least one benched pokemon, then use Tidal Storm attack. Select the energy you'd like to move and the pokemon on the bench. The game will discard your energy.

I did try to move energy onto suicune the first time, and then I also tried moving energy onto Feraligator. Is there a known bug with suicune? Would that also affect the attempt to Feraligator?

The "bug" here isn't actually a bug. The reason the Energy gets discarded when you move it to Suicune (or Sigilyph) is because of its Ability, Safeguard, which protects it from all attack effects of all EXs, including your own. Because Primal Kyogre-EX's Tidal Storm attack tried to move Energy to Suicune, Safeguard "blocked" the Energy, discarding it instead.

Annoying, I know, but I want to emphasize that it's not a bug.

That makes a lot of sense! I hadn't even considered that may be the reason. I played through again and tried to duplicate this problem with suicune and feraligator myself and it worked exactly as it should. I am almost certain that it failed on feraligator last time, but I must be wrong since even I can't seem to reproduce it this time. Thank you so much everyone for your fast help and clarification! :) And I apologize for crying "wolf"!

Disregard this thread then, all of you responsible for working on game bugs!

And I apologize for crying "wolf"!

Disregard this thread then, all of you responsible for working on game bugs!

No worries, Safeguard catches EVERYONE by surprise when it does stuff like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi davitsio!

No problem. As others have stated, Safeguard can be a tricky one! As this is not a bug, I'll be closing this thread. Thanks for your patience! :)

Archived