Blocking doesn't really work on TCGO?

maykwon

I'm not sure if the blocking system is supposed to be programmed the way it is right now, and if it is, maybe there needs to be a little tweaking done to it. Maybe?

When you block someone, a window pops up and says "Are you sure you want to block ____________ and ignore all future communications with this person?", shouldn't that include public posts too?

Every time I put someone on ignore, the only difference is the chatting icon changes (like when you add someone to your friendslist, their icon changes from green to orange) and I can still see their public posts, which kind of doesn't synchronize with the pop up message.

I'm not sure if this was on purpose, or if there are enough resources to make the necessary changes, but here's my feedback on how to better the ignore system. ^^;

Sometimes, people change. If they go from being a new player one day, then a National champion the next, (I know that's a little extreme, but has happened)

One recent (-ish) example of this happening online is my buddy Luxus888. He's been wining multiple big tournaments.

Hello Maykwon,

Can you elaborate on your feedback for me please? Could you give a specific example that walks me through where and what you are doing to use ignore?

I would really appreciate it, thanks!

Hello Maykwon,

Can you elaborate on your feedback for me please? Could you give a specific example that walks me through where and what you are doing to use ignore?

Hello there, I'd be happy to elaborate the entire process for you.

I hope the below is detailed enough? If you are confused about anything, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to explain it better.

Example1:

userABC posts: "emote"

userABC posts: "ksjdfkjsdfkds"

userABC posts: "ksjdfkj3ds"

userABC posts: "emote"

userABC posts: "akdjfksdfs"

^--- This is when I would block the user for being spammy.

I would click the green "head" button with the "?" on it.

Click the "block and ignore button".

A pop-up window appears and says "Are you sure you want to block ____________ and ignore all future communications with this person?"

I Confirm "yes".

... But I would still see them posting in the public chats despite that I just "blocked" them.

Example 2:

user123 posts: "what is your offer for ____ ?" 

me: "my offer is _____"

user123 posts: "your offer sucks, lol you will never get ____"

^--- This is when I would block the user for being rude.

I would click the green "head" button with the "?" on it.

Click the "block and ignore button".

A pop-up window appears and says "Are you sure you want to block ____________ and ignore all future communications with this person?"

I Confirm "yes".

... But I would still see them posting in the public chats despite that I just "blocked" them.

Basically the ignore system appears to not be working properly because despite that I have prompted to "ignore all future communication", I can STILL see them posting in the public chats. To my understanding, I shouldn't be able to see any of their posts after I block them, right? :c

Sometimes, people change. If they go from being a new player one day, then a National champion the next, (I know that's a little extreme, but has happened)

One recent (-ish) example of this happening online is my buddy Luxus888. He's been wining multiple big tournaments.

I'm not talking about people winning championships, I'm talking about blocking users because of the way they carry themselves in public (or in private, in some cases).

An example is blocking someone who is unnecessarily rude, you block them because you no longer want to continue any form of communication with them. It has nothing to do with them winning national championships, and even if they do - those two are completely different aspects. ^^; 

I understand that some people do change their behavior with time, but it's never a sure thing.

But besides that, what I'm trying to say is that the blocking system doesn't work because after I try to block users; I can still see them posting around all over the place.

I'm not talking about people winning championships, I'm talking about blocking users because of the way they carry themselves in public (or in private, in some cases).

An example is blocking someone who is unnecessarily rude, you block them because you no longer want to continue any form of communication with them. It has nothing to do with them winning national championships, and even if they do - those two are completely different aspects. ^^; 

But besides that, what I'm trying to say is that the blocking system doesn't work because after I try to block users; I can still see them posting around all over the place.

I was using the national championship as an example, since I didn't get your trouble. But now, I understand that this is a better (and real) example, that has happened to me, and I have blocked the users.

I actually have the problem now of deleted ignore lists, I had about 10 people who were on my ignore list, but now I only have 1-2. Is this a bug, or what?

The_Iron_bat, on 18 Mar 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

I was using the national championship as an example, since I didn't get your trouble. But now, I understand that this is a better (and real) example, that has happened to me, and I have blocked the users.

I actually have the problem now of deleted ignore lists, I had about 10 people who were on my ignore list, but now I only have 1-2. Is this a bug, or what?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is a bug/glitch that is also related to the ignore feature bug; people who have been ignored should stay ignored until you remove them yourself.

Hopefully this thread brings more attention to the glitches we've been experiencing.

Blocking is probably one of the most essential features of TCGO besides literal game-play in the sense that it gives players a peace of mind knowing that we have a choice to not continue contact with users who are disrespectful etc should we choose to.

Hello Maykwon,

Hi, are you still looking into this?

Or perhaps the glitch has been patched with the recent update to PTCGO?

Hi Maykwon,

Our testing team thoroughly regressed the blocking/ignoring feature and did find some inconsistencies with how it functioned.  Those issues have been documented in our bug tracking system.  As to when or if we will be able to address them, I cannot guarantee.  However, I can say we are aware of them.

Thank you very much for bringing the issue to our attention.

Archived