Hoenn Tin Decks, playable in the TC?

KarpGrinder

don't think they will let you use an ex deck in TC, but the theme deck themselves are already available.

my kids will definitely want the ex tin when they see it, lol

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm they are not theme decks, but they are pretty cool.

The decks you unlock go under your Standard decks rather than theme decks and include the Promo Kyogre/Groudon EX (depending on the tin), an additional non-promo EX (untradeable), an in-game deck box, and the deck itself has a lot of useful trainer cards and is fully editable.  It's stuff veterans will already have but if you're not a veteran it's much better for starting out building a TCGO deck than a theme deck.

Oh, and it comes with 6 foil water or fighting energy too, which was a nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...

No. They are NON-Theme decks BUT Standard decks, so can't be played in the Trainers Challenge but every code from the tin comes with a FULL 60 cards deck with 2 EX and some useful (and some cool Holo) stuff.

The Groudon's it's better than Kyogre's as deck itself (I won some battles with) and of course, as Standard decks they are customizable to improve it and play with in Standard, Expanded and Unlimited mode.

If you doesn't have it, still looking for them and don't want to spend real money on a tin, I have the Groudon Tin to trade in game (look my signature; message or offer in game if interested. I trade for packs or cards in exchange).

Archived