Interesting Emerald Break Cards

pokemanz88

-Disclaimer- these following cards arn't all good, some are though.

As Emerald Break was released yesterday in Japan i've took the time to see all the cards that might be worth using or ones with interesting attacks or effects.

Exeggutor: Being a stage 1 doesn't help but it's attack is basically Absol's Mindjack -20dmg Absol was a decent attacker. Exeggutor's attack also costs one less energy! It might be worth running as a one-of copy in Vir-Gen to counter M-Rayquasa EX.

Banette: Banette's ability shut off Poke-tools, this isn't as much of an impact as Garbotoxin but might remain as a decent substitute once Garbodor's rotated.

Jirachi: It isn't viable but it's attack could maybe be used utilized effectively. For some reason his attack reminded me of Base Set Ghastly's

Latios EX: His attack is not exactly good but an attack that could be used turn one always intrigues me.

Shaymin EX: One of the best abilities ever. It's ability matches those of the Supporter, Bianca. A useful substitue for Jirachi EX. However it can't search for a lysander.

M-Rayquaza EX: One of the biggest things to come from this set. His move reminds me of the classic 'Round' attack, or Raichu's circle circut. However Rayquaza does 30x # of bench pokemon. And can be used much more freely.

Mega Turbo: Basically a Dark Patch for megas, enough said.

Skyfield: The obvious partner for M-Rayquasa, having 8 benched pokemon is a major contributor for his move. (Also i wanna imagine how 8 benched pokemon would look in the client)

Double Dragon Energy: This is basically a Double Rainbow energy for Dragon types. It also doesn't get discarded after the end of turn! This makes the jumbled messes that are dragon type attacks much more useful.

If there is anything i missed or you find other cool ways to use these cards feel free to leave a comment!

You missed a staple: Shaymin EX:

Shaymin-EX - Colorless - HP110 Basic Pokemon

Ability: Setup

Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this Pokemon from your hand to your Bench, you may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

[C][C] Sky Return: 30 damage. Return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Lightning (x2) Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Retreat: 1

Currently, I think every deck should play 1.

You also missed

Trainer's Post - Trainer Item

Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Choose 1 Trainer card you find there (except Trainer's Post), reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

And finally, the moment we've all been waiting the past 6 months for...

(SR!!!) VS Seeker - Trainer Item

Put a Supporter card from your discard pile into your hand.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

That last one makes me want to do a barrel roll right into a pool of liquid gold. It will likely be more expensive than SR Ultra Ball. Which is nice considering the recent amount of amazing pull rates in packs ^-^

Quoting on a phone is hard so ima just do it here. Yes now that i imagine it Trainer Post does seem like a good card as anythinyg that accelerates draw is good. With the rotation and loss of Bicycle, N, and Colress, the amount of VS seekers might increase to 3 or even 4 in a deck which indeed will make them more valuable.

Quoting on a phone is hard so ima just do it here. Yes now that i imagine it Trainer Post does seem like a good card as anythinyg that accelerates draw is good. With the rotation and loss of Bicycle, N, and Colress, the amount of VS seekers might increase to 3 or even 4 in a deck which indeed will make them more valuable.

Also if you didn't know, the official ENGLISH set name is Roaring Skies, and the Japanese set does differ a little bit from the enlist set.

With Muscle Band and Laserbank, Latios-Ex can OHKO just about anything with 90 HP or less that isn't Sigilyph, and even then OHKO just about every regular EX that isn't called Wailord in 2 hits for only one energy. Everything else, from his 120 damage snipe, to his 150 damage attack is icing on the cake. Now, If I were to list some interesting cards, I'd go with: Unfezant AT Immensely powerful with Mew, since the damage boost it gives affects everything, even damage to bench. Doing it + Boomburst lets you snipe the bench for 110 damage, which is exactly the amount of damage you need to take out most of the low HP EXs (especially the new Shaymin EX). - Shedinja 50 damage for each damage counter on it for one energy is powerful. It isn't much on a 30 HP Shedinja (100 damage tops) but you can combo it with Mew EX for up to 550 damage, and Sedinja itself can be upgraded through the use of Training Center and Floettes, and Mew with Plasma Badge and Umbreon. - Dragonite AT Being able to get another prize is powerful. Lugia EX had that, with a 120 attack that costs 4 [C] energy and a mandatory 1 Plasma Energy to do any damage. To get the magic 180 damage, it needed Muscle Band and 4 Deoxys EX. By those standards, Dragonite is a beast. It has 150 damage attack which is a Silver Bangle away from OHKOing EXs and can use Altaria for even more damage to take on Megas. It's attack costs 5 energies, but it can make use of DDE and Energy Grace Milotic, and with Training Center, it has more HP than any regular EX (except Wailord). To make matters worse, it only gives off 1 prize, and when it does, all that energy is in the discard, just ready for a second Energy Grace and DDE combo. Edit: Why can't I format my post?

With Muscle Band and Laserbank, Latios-Ex can OHKO just about anything with 90 HP or less that isn't Sigilyph, and even then OHKO just about every regular EX that isn't called Wailord in 2 hits for only one energy. Everything else, from his 120 damage snipe, to his 150 damage attack is icing on the cake. Now, If I were to list some interesting cards, I'd go with: Unfezant AT Immensely powerful with Mew, since the damage boost it gives affects everything, even damage to bench. Doing it + Boomburst lets you snipe the bench for 110 damage, which is exactly the amount of damage you need to take out most of the low HP EXs (especially the new Shaymin EX). - Shedinja 50 damage for each damage counter on it for one energy is powerful. It isn't much on a 30 HP Shedinja (100 damage tops) but you can combo it with Mew EX for up to 550 damage, and Sedinja itself can be upgraded through the use of Training Center and Floettes, and Mew with Plasma Badge and Umbreon. - Dragonite AT Being able to get another prize is powerful. Lugia EX had that, with a 120 attack that costs 4 [C] energy and a mandatory 1 Plasma Energy to do any damage. To get the magic 180 damage, it needed Muscle Band and 4 Deoxys EX. By those standards, Dragonite is a beast. It has 150 damage attack which is a Silver Bangle away from OHKOing EXs and can use Altaria for even more damage to take on Megas. It's attack costs 5 energies, but it can make use of DDE and Energy Grace Milotic, and with Training Center, it has more HP than any regular EX (except Wailord). To make matters worse, it only gives off 1 prize, and when it does, all that energy is in the discard, just ready for a second Energy Grace and DDE combo. Edit: Why can't I format my post?

Out of everything u just said i think Shedinja-Mew EX sounds like a viable pair. Anything that cant knock out mew ex in one hit will get knocked out.

Out of everything u just said i think Shedinja-Mew EX sounds like a viable pair. Anything that cant knock out mew ex in one hit will get knocked out.

But then again, what can't knock out Mew EX?

I'm hoping the double dragon energy starts a new trend of Dragon based decks. Totally ready to see new cards be played!

I'm also looking forward to the small addition of cards coming in on the 25th. [Double Crisis].

:D

But then again, what can't knock out Mew EX?

Well, my plan was to either tech in Shedinja in a Mew EX/ Regigigas deck (200 EHP Mews, anyone?) or build a Plasma Mew (enjoy getting Megaphoned) deck.

I'm hoping the double dragon energy starts a new trend of Dragon based decks. Totally ready to see new cards be played!

I'm also looking forward to the small addition of cards coming in on the 25th. [Double Crisis].

:D

I'd love to see some become playable. Especially some of the Black/White Kyurem EX. Some can be really nice.

Well, my plan was to either tech in Shedinja in a Mew EX/ Regigigas deck (200 EHP Mews, anyone?) or build a Plasma Mew (enjoy getting Megaphoned) deck.

Erm, am I missing something here? Is there a way to boost Mew 80 that is effective? Which Regigigas are you talking about?

Regigigas with Daunt lets you block 40 for 1 DCE. Hard Charm to block another 20 and Jamming Net for the remainder.

But there is no good way for mew to get a healthy amount of HP quickly or practically.

The "HP" effect (Even thought it's more of a reduction effect) is only as a wall, and you also can't do much once it's up (No retreat). I guess you could switch every turn, but nobody wants to play 4 Switch

But there is no good way for mew to get a healthy amount of HP quickly or practically.

The "HP" effect (Even thought it's more of a reduction effect) is only as a wall, and you also can't do much once it's up (No retreat). I guess you could switch every turn, but nobody wants to play 4 Switch

I meant it as Mew using Daunt, having Hard Charm and if possible a Jamming Net on their EX, which is doable in 1-2 turns given that Mew can hit with DV and 1 DCE. As long as your opponent can't KO you with their active, you should be able to cut through them using Versatile on Shedinja's attack.

I meant it as Mew using Daunt, having Hard Charm and if possible a Jamming Net on their EX, which is doable in 1-2 turns given that Mew can hit with DV and 1 DCE. As long as your opponent can't KO you with their active, you should be able to cut through them using Versatile on Shedinja's attack.

Oh yeah, lol, forgot about Versitile.

I guess that does work out really well then, except for stuff like Steel Bullet...

I read a translation of this trainer card, and it looks overpowered:

Winona (Supporter)

Search your deck for up to 3 colorless pokemon and put them in your hand shuffle your deck afterward.

That, paired with many ex cards... That will be annoying to face.

Oh yeah, lol, forgot about Versitile.

I guess that does work out really well then, except for stuff like Steel Bullet...

Steel Bullet can't KO Mew EX though. Not if you play Jamming Net (blocks Muscle Band), and IIRC, Daunt and Jamming Net will work through Steel Bullet because the effect is on your opponent's Pokemon.

I can easily see Winona effectively becoming a draw Supporter with the Uxie wannabe we know as Shaymin-EX. XD

Yeah, Shaymin EX will be the one to use that. Also, Imagine getting Mega Rayquaza automatically up and ready with that card... That's scary. :/

Steel Bullet can't KO Mew EX though. Not if you play Jamming Net (blocks Muscle Band), and IIRC, Daunt and Jamming Net will work through Steel Bullet because the effect is on your opponent's Pokemon.

Point taken. The only secure way to do this is to completely remove every status from the EX.

Archived