Manga Story

Mewisthebest

Hey, been quite a long time since I made a thread. So here goes again.

This is not necissarily a pokemon topic (at all) It is just a thread I made to show you guys what I'm brainstorming, I want to know if the story is interesting and flows nicely, and if the art is good. these are just Story Boards (starting sketches) so if you can''t read it well or see the art, let me know.

I will be editing more links to more story boards into this first post as I scan them in.

First page inked. www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/art/Chronicles-page-1-inked-256199280

Second page is this. www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d41tvtn

Third Page. www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/#/d41tzyy

here's the fifth! (4th is chapter page) www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/#/d41xewn

sixth. www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/#/d41xf6b

7th!!!!!! www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/art/Manga-Story-Board-245123519

8th! www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d429etf (let me know if you can view this pic)

9th (it's shaping up!) www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d429f35

10th! www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d429fbs

11th!!!!! www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d429fpt

12th. www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d42em97

13th. http://mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d42eme6

14th INKED!!!!! www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d42eme6 (The last link posted for this one had link rot, sorry for the inconvinience. It is fixed now)

15th. www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d42emqb

16th. www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d42emw2

17th. www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d42en37

18th. www.mewisthebest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d42enaj

- Mew

More coming!

looks cool, r u doing it linked with horror?

No, mainstream battle. Though it will probably turn out to be something along the lines of mystery/action. sort of a naruto + death note (which I'm reading by the way, fantastic story!)

cool, sounds interesting, have u got a plot for it yet or r u still thinking ideas?

ill try scan som cool stuff iv drawn over the week and show it to you, maby you might want to ue it...

i like it. its good your doing storyboards, because those help a lot. I don't do them out of laziness lol. Anyways have you watched bakuman (anime) it has a lot of good tips for manga. it helped me make up my mind on doing manga for a career and hopefully that does happen lol.

i like it. its good your doing storyboards, because those help a lot. I don't do them out of laziness lol. Anyways have you watched bakuman (anime) it has a lot of good tips for manga. it helped me make up my mind on doing manga for a career and hopefully that does happen lol.

Bakugan's storyline is teetering between genius, and cliche, considering that publicity for the toy is.....damaging its reputation. Same here! I'm an aspiring manga artist with big ideas. Hope to become a good American artist for Shonen Jump. From research, I've seen that assistants help a ton with backgrounds. Eichiro Oda said that he just does chracters, weapons, the ships, houses. While major and minor backgrounds are done by assistants.

I have two other stories that are brainstorming (one I decided was to broken and cliche) I might also post them here.

EDIT: Page three added! that's all I have so far.

I liked bakugan originally. but now its really turned awful. they're basically trying to keep their audience by added a bunch of new special things like battle gear and messing around with the rules in the anime.

I liked bakugan originally. but now its really turned awful. they're basically trying to keep their audience by added a bunch of new special things like battle gear and messing around with the rules in the anime.

Yes. Let's keep this, however, from transfering from the original topic to bakugan prefferences. I will work on more story boards and post when I add them. Any aspiring Manga artists out there! Keep up your work!

agreed. Bakugan is just trying to keep up with the jones. It's anoying, i remember when the best was 400 now they are in the 1000s

hey Shadow. *points at Mew's last post* anywho, how's the story boards? is the story interesting enough?......after only threee pages lol.

Thanks pyre! Buildings and face shadows are some of my biggest downfalls, yet I managed to do both great in these story boards. This is just the background/attention grabber part. the first few pages generally give that. Main character is still to be announced.

This art is great, every last detail right down to the eyelashes is amazing

:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D ...........yay!

This was not a mispelling of bakugan. It is referring to a manga/anime about 2 guys who want to be manga artists.

This was not a mispelling of bakugan. It is refering to a manga/anime about 2 guys who want to be manga artists.

*FACE-PALM* I knew I missed something! By old partners Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba. Tale of two aspiring teens, one with a knack for writting stories (and crude humor) and another with an art talent. I only got the chance to read volume 3 and I soaked in all the info possible.

Thanks for the redirection Legend CallerL!

Bakugan's storyline is teetering between genius, and cliche, considering that publicity for the toy is.....damaging its reputation. Same here! I'm an aspiring manga artist with big ideas. Hope to become a good American artist for Shonen Jump. From research, I've seen that assistants help a ton with backgrounds. Eichiro Oda said that he just does chracters, weapons, the ships, houses. While major and minor backgrounds are done by assistants.

I have two other stories that are brainstorming (one I decided was to broken and cliche) I might also post them here.

EDIT: Page three added! that's all I have so far.

no man not bakugan- bakuman lol ya you want to work for shonen jack? same here lol you have to work really hard (really hard) to get to their levels.

I'm only about 1/8th of the way there >.>; I really need to improve. that's why I'm going to an art college to double, tripple, quadripple etc. my art and story writting level and techniques.

yo mew ill put the first page of the manga im creating and tell me what you think. also, theres a contest comming up for manga and i think you should join :D winnner gets $3000 and second place gets $1000

on top of that most entrees will be put on their website and they will tell you what they think of your manga

yo mew ill put the first page of the manga im creating and tell me what you think. also, theres a contest comming up for manga and i think you should join :D winnner gets $3000 and second place gets $1000

on top of that most entrees will be put on their website and they will tell you what they think of your manga

POST THAT WEBSITE O_______O What are the requirements? How many chapters of the manga do you need to have completed?

alright. 55 pages max, should be inked. just read it here.morningmanga.com/micc/result3rd_e.html

deadline is October 31st. i suggest you start right away. im really left behind and i have 3 pages done.

Same here. So it's a one-shot manga contest.......just like shonen jump's one-shot contest. Thanks! Now I have a BIG goal >:3

don't forget you have to beat me first >:D Rival

i looked at your work on deviant art. now i KNOW i have to work much harder :3

Archived