Best booster box?

Bosseidon

Hey I'm new to pokemon and me and my girlfriend are going to build our decks (Probably Yveltal/Darkrai and Night March). I was wondering if I should buy a booster box and if so, which one?

If you're going for a Darkrai then the Legendary Treasures expansion would be best for that as it is easy to get EX cards in that expansion.

Personally I have always preferred the Plasma booster boxes (Storm, Freeze and Blast).

If you want to build your named two decks surely the Legendary Treasures Booster Box is a solid choice. It has atleast a chance of getting Darkrai EX (the Darkrai tins would be easier or just buy the promo card) and a very high chance for other important cards like Garbodor, Energy Switch - but a guarantee is not given.

The Yveltal + Yveltal EX was part of XY base set, but Yveltal EX although had a promo version in a tin. So you have to see what you are willing to 'pay' for that by seeing the chances of getting the wanted EX cards.

For your Night March deck it comes first to mind to get a Phantom Forces booster box. Then you are guaranteed your 4 Pumpkaboo, Joltik and atleast 2-3 Lampent and if you are lucky even 3-4 Dimension Valley / Battle compressor.

The important Mew EX you will get for sure 2 times (that was the average of other booster boxes) out of your Legendary Treasures booster box as this EX is part of a specific mini set in the Legendary Treasures expansion.

But atleast for the Night March deck alone the Phantom Forces booster box is not worth to be bought - since all needed cards you can get for the lowest prices as they all are common / uncommon cards - on card selling sites (or in your local card shop) you can get 4 of each needed card for probably about 1 Euro / Dollar. Even Mew EX is very cheap (the one from Legendary Treasures) compared to all other EX's.

Archived