Players that intentionally load deck with 1 basic

ultimatecard23

I've ran into players that load up thier deck with only one basic pokemon that causes the game to glitch when I'm having to draw 24+ cards in a row and when I'm done click yes the game will freeze and I will get a resume timer without the ability to do anything, the only option is click resume or concede.

They should add a rule that you can only have a max of 10 basic pokemon.

Absolutely not. If someone only has basic Pokemon in their collection, how will they be able to make a deck with the deck wizard?

Anyways, I haven't seen this, but I'm pretty sure if I click 'No' after like, 4 times, I'm pretty sure that the glitch will be resolved. (Plus if I'm drawing half my deck like that, I'd lose anyways (:) Smart plays, guys.

They should add a rule that you can only have a max of 10 basic pokemon.

No.

That would make the problem worse if you could only have a maximum of 10 basic Pokémon; you mulligan when you fail to draw a Basic so

Fewer Basics = More Mulligans

This is just a glitch in the system that hopefully will be fixed. Competitive decks often only run about 10 Basics anyway, and when you play enough games you just get to that one where you can't seem to draw a Basic for the life of you. Still with as many as above, it was probably someone with a weird strategy, trying to exploit the glitch, or that went back to that whole "Bounce my only Pokémon with my first attack to end the game and try to milk the bonus wheel." thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there!

We were unable to reproduce this after around 20 mulligans. It may be a performance issue, in which case we make the following recommendations:

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes, lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).

Thanks for your patience and your report!

A lot of these problems are caused by people who before created these so called "combee" decks where they would essentially pick up their active pokemon on their first turn which would give you the win, but they would also get the rewards for playing.  I've got a list of over 8 player IDs that has been doing this.  Maybe this will go away with the new log in bonus and daily challenge...

Archived