Beedrill's allergic shock possible bug

cmvieira

Hi there,

I'm kinda new to pokemon tcg, and I was testing some deck ideas, when I ran into a curious situation.

I've built a deck based on the new beedrill's card (from primal clash), but, since I only have 2 copies of that card, I choose to combine it with plasma freeze's beedrill in order to have an alternative free retreat attacker after using allergic shock against my opponent's active pokemon. I don't really think this should be the correct behavior, but this was the sequence of events that took place during the match:

There were two beedrill and a dragalge in my side of the field. There was a mewtwo ex as the active pokemon on the other side of the field, and a Mew-EX on my opponent's bench.

My turn: I use hypnotoxic laser on the mewtwo, get the heads, and attack with allergic shock.

My opponent's turn: My opponent's active was asleep, and he just attached an energy to mew and passed the turn.

My turn: I retreat to my plasma freeze beedrill and attack using swift sting. The damage sums up to 80 on the mewtwo (20 for the poison, plus 60 because my beedrill had full health), and mewtwo was sent to the discard pile.

What was our surprise that, as soon as my opponent chose his new active pokemon, mew became active but poisoned and confused (both statuses that should be applied to his active pokemon, but I believe only if that pokemon wasn't sent to the discard pile =/)

So, is that the natural behavior of that move (I mean, if the active pokemon is discarded the extra effects are still applied to the new active one), or is this a bug?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi cmvieira,

I have escalated your report to the development team for further investigation and resolution, so I'll be closing this thread now. Thanks for your report and your patience! Please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you come across any other bugs.

Archived