whats the best card pack to buy?

jaymeelan

i bought some theme decks and i want to start buying packs now but i don't know what is the best pack to open nowadays

Definitly buy Legendary treasures, it contains many usable EXs like Mewtwo, Keleeo, Darkrai etc. Legenday Treasures are also cheaper and has a higher pull rate for EXs

A little late, but I got the Red Genesect box and I am so happy. Even the basic energy cards are foil, many of the cards are rotated but I just wanted a few more copies of trainer staples like N and Skyla, which I suppose will be rotated sooner rather than later. Got some other cool things too, Silver Bangle, a few Ultra Balls. The biggest bonus was the Black Kyurem EX and Hypnotoxic Laser I got in the two Plasma something packs included. It was cheaper than the battle arena decks which I still might pick up for the more recent trainer staple type cards. I realize you ask about packs, I just thought I would plug this stuff. Pretty sure the moderators won't mind.

I will say though that I seem to be able to tell right away when I've got a dud in Primal packs, which seems often: there's 160 cards in that set so it seems harder to get the few really awesome cards in Primal. Anyone else find that?

I'd suggest you actually look at what cards are in each set and buy packs that compliment the decks you want to play or already own. Your chances of getting that EX you really want are zero if you are getting the wrong collection.

fr33land, on 09 Mar 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

A little late, but I got the Red Genesect box and I am so happy. Even the basic energy cards are foil, many of the cards are rotated but I just wanted a few more copies of trainer staples like N and Skyla, which I suppose will be rotated sooner rather than later. Got some other cool things too, Silver Bangle, a few Ultra Balls. The biggest bonus was the Black Kyurem EX and Hypnotoxic Laser I got in the two Plasma something packs included. It was cheaper than the battle arena decks which I still might pick up for the more recent trainer staple type cards. I realize you ask about packs, I just thought I would plug this stuff. Pretty sure the moderators won't mind.

I will say though that I seem to be able to tell right away when I've got a dud in Primal packs, which seems often: there's 160 cards in that set so it seems harder to get the few really awesome cards in Primal. Anyone else find that?

I'd suggest you actually look at what cards are in each set and buy packs that compliment the decks you want to play or already own. Your chances of getting that EX you really want are zero if you are getting the wrong collection.

It seems to me particularly right. I get some ***** everyday and open 95 token packs. Though I don't get many things :( But its always better to open the packs which have the cards you want for your deck. Few days before I opened like 20-25 Dragons Exalted packs buying from tokens to get a ho-oh EX. But then unlucky from opening I traded. Now I need a computer search which is available in Boundaris Crossed. So I am opening Boundaries Crossed packs. So my suggestion is. Go to your decks and see the cards you need and open the packs which got those cards. Hope this helps :)

Archived