Bug with Bench Barrier of MrMime

Bronko86

I dont know if this is a bug, or only my bad comprehension of the text in the card, but i dont understand how the attack of Chandelure-EX Cursed Drop can hit a benched pokemon when i have MrMime in my bench. I understand that abilities like the abilities of golbat and crobat, can hit to benched pokemon, because are abilities and not attacks, but Cursed Drop is an attack, so how can hit a benched pokemon??

Just like Abilities and attacks are two different things, direct damage and "damage counter placement" are two different things. Bench Barrier doesn't block attacks that deal damage by "placing damage counters", such as Cursed Drop.

its not a bug dude, damage counters can puts on bench they re not attack. bench barrier is defend only by attacks.

Hi Bronko86,

As others have stated, this is working as intended. Doing damage and placing damage counters are considered two different actions, and Mr. Mime's Bench Barrier Ability only protects against damage done.

As this isn't a bug, I'll be closing this thread. Thanks for your understanding!

Archived