my dark deck.

tempest875

So iv'e put alot of time into this deck(sort of) and i just want some feedback.

if i could i would love to upgrade my cards to FA or SR but i dont have any packs or much in the way as trading material. also i dont really know the best way to set up my trainer cards.

anyway, heres my deck list.

Pokemon(20)

4 Yveltal-ex

4 Darkrai-ex

4 Yveltal (xy)

4 Zorua (Dex)

4 Zoroark (Dex)

Trainers(22)

3 Macho band

3 Shadow Circle

2 Pokemon Fan Club

4 Lysandre

3 Pokemon Center Lady

3 Colress

and i usually just put random things in this spot.

Energy(18)

4 Doulble Colorless energy

14 Dark energy

I've tried to make a dark deck a few times and never really pulled it off, but here is what I suggest. First try replacing 2 of the Lysandres with 2 VS Seekers. Also take out 2 Zorua and 2 Zoroark and replace them with whatever type of pokeball cards you feel would help you out. I would only recommend 2 stadium cards, but I’ve seen decks that run 3, so it is really up to you; however, I personally don’t see Shadow Circle as a particularly useful card since there is a good chance that you won’t even need it for a lot of your matches. Finally, I suggest seeing if you can get your hands on some dark patches or Darkness energies

Ok, trust me. I've been playing dark decks since the inception of Darkrai EX back in 2012. I'm not saying that you should take my word for gospel, but definitely take note:

1) Darkrai EX are definitely a 1 (Maybe 2 of) Since the attack takes a little bit to power up. Solid attack, but is helplessly out classes by Evil Ball.

2) Drop the 4-4 Zoroark line. It rarely comes in handy, nut when it does, it is pretty easily outsped.

3) You could even drop a Yveltal. It's not an Ideal starter for a dark deck, actually.

4) While Yveltal XY IS the beat start, 4 is way overkill. I'm way better off with only 2.

So basically with the Pokèmon:

-3 Darkrai EX

-4-4 Zoroark

-1 Yveltal EX

-2 Yveltal XY

5) Pokèmon Fan Club is ok in the deck (I favor it with larger amounts of Draw support) but you shouldn't reply need an extra clogging up the deck. I'd play 1 tops.

6) 4 Lysandre is overkill. I play 3 max, just to help drag stuff out that I know I can KO. I'd drop 1.

7) Pokèmon Center Lady is another mediocre supporter that doesn't really benefit the deck. I'd opt to play switch or a Keldeo EX (Which has amazing synergy when paired with Darkrai EX)

8) You should have a big bench, but 2 Colress is really all you need.

So in suppoters:

-1 or 2 Pokèmon Fan Club

-2 Lysandre

-2 or 3 Pokèmon Center Lady

-1 Colress

Items are looking good.

I like the extra damage that Laser/Bank gives Yveltal EX. So I'd play 3 Virbank City Gyms (2 USED to be able to cut it, but with the various good stadiums nowadays, 3 is standard)

9) Believe it or not, you can cut back on half your dark energy and still win games. But, since you have tons of new found room, play 8.

-6 Dark energy

Si I just cleared up 26-28 spots in your deck. So here is my suggestions that you put in:

Head Ringer

Startling Megaphone

Keldeo EX/Switch

Professors Letter

N

Professor Sycamore

Dowsing Machine

Hypnotoxic Laser

Virbank City Gym

VS Seeker

Enhanced Hammer

Absol PLF

Mewtwo EX

Bicycle

Energy Switch

Tool Retrevial

Ultra Ball

Repeat Ball

Teammates

Professor Birches Observaion

Skyla

Garbodor LTR (With Float Stones)

Random Receiver

Super Scoop-Up

Hard Charm

Max Potion

And for expanded...

Sableye DEX

Dark Patch

Crushing Hammer (I know that it's also standard, but it's amazing with Sableye DEX)

Bouffant DRE

Pokèmon Communication

Tool Scrapper

If you ever need help with any deck building (I mean any, but Dark decks are my specialty) just PM me on here, or in game, or post a thread on the forums. Thanks for reading!

Sapphirewave, on 01 Mar 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:I've tried to make a dark deck a few times and never really pulled it off, but here is what I suggest. First try replacing 2 of the Lysandres with 2 VS Seekers. Also take out 2 Zorua and 2 Zoroark and replace them with whatever type of pokeball cards you feel would help you out. I would only recommend 2 stadium cards, but I’ve seen decks that run 3, so it is really up to you; however, I personally don’t see Shadow Circle as a particularly useful card since there is a good chance that you won’t even need it for a lot of your matches. Finally, I suggest seeing if you can get your hands on some dark patches or Darkness energies
Dark patches, and the special energy darkness energy, are not in standard.

tempest875, on 01 Mar 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:So iv'e put alot of time into this deck(sort of) and i just want some feedback.if i could i would love to upgrade my cards to FA or SR but i dont have any packs or much in the way as trading material. also i dont really know the best way to set up my trainer cards.anyway, heres my deck list.Pokemon(20)4 Yveltal-ex4 Darkrai-ex4 Yveltal (xy)4 Zorua (Dex)4 Zoroark (Dex)Trainers(22)3 Macho band3 Shadow Circle2 Pokemon Fan Club4 Lysandre3 Pokemon Center Lady3 Colressand i usually just put random things in this spot.Energy(18)4 Doulble Colorless energy14 Dark energy
You made plenty of beginner's mistakes here. First of all, you don't really need 20 Pokemon, especially in Darkness decks where Yveltal-Ex can more or less solo as an attacker (though 3 of them is enough in most cases, so feel free to take one out if you want). My suggestion is to cut out a few Darkrai-Ex, since 2 is an ok amount (some decks run only one). Zoroark can be useful if you lack the Garbodor or Laserbanks to deal with Pyroar and Safeguard, but a 4-4 line of those is overkill. You also don't need 4 Yveltals. 2 is enough.Thus:Pokemon (10-12)3-4 Yveltal-Ex1-2 Darkrai-Ex2 Yveltal2-2 ZoroarkBtw, that Zoroark is the Brutal Bash Zoroark, right? If it isn't, I suggest swapping your current Zoroark for it.As for your trainers, you don't have nearly enough. There's too many of a few supporters (Pokemon Center Lady, Lysandre, maybe Colress) and not enough draw supporters (Professor Juniper, N, Birch, Shauna). The most commonly used ratio of those are 10 draw supporters, which are usually 4 N, 4 Juniper and 2 Colress. I suggest taking out 2 of each Pokemon Center Lady and Lysandre, 1 Colress, and add in the Juniper and N. Feel free to experiment afterwards to see what suits you.Some Search Supporter (Skyla, Teammates) can also help in some games, so add those in as well. 1 of each seem to suffice in most games, at least for me. Optionally, you can run a single copy of Lysandre's Trump Card to get your resources back into the game.Supporter (15-16)4 Professor Juniper4 N2 Colress2 Lysandre1 Pokemon Center Lady1 Skyla1 Teammates1 Lysandre's Trump Card (optional)About your other trainers, I suggest adding in 1 Switch or Escape Rope. They help a lot if you are made to sleep by a Laser, or get Dragalge locked. You also can use a few VS Seeker to get your supporters back into your hand to supplement the lower counts of Lysandre and PKMN Center Lady. 2 is a good number, but you may put 3 if you feel more comfortable with that. Professor's Letter can get your energy into your hand, and Ultra Balls can help you easily access you Pokemon. I suggest one of the former and 2-4 of the latter.2 Shadow Circles are enough. Those cards are situational.Items/ Stadiums/ Tools (11-14)3 Muscle Bands2-4 Ultra Ball2-3 VS Seeker2 Shadow Circle1 Switch1 Professor's LetterYou don't need 18 energies. Not with Yveltal to recycle them, or Letter and draw supporters to extract them. 4 DCE is always good given how Zoroark and Yveltal-Ex can use them well, but for your Darkness Energy, 8 should be enough (some decks go with even less).Energy (12)4 DCE8 DarknessHope that helps, and good luck.

Dark patches, and the special energy darkness energy, are not in standard.

You made plenty of beginner's mistakes here. First of all, you don't really need 20 Pokemon, especially in Darkness decks where Yveltal-Ex can more or less solo as an attacker (though 3 of them is enough in most cases, so feel free to take one out if you want). My suggestion is to cut out a few Darkrai-Ex, since 2 is an ok amount (some decks run only one). Zoroark can be useful if you lack the Garbodor or Laserbanks to deal with Pyroar and Safeguard, but a 4-4 line of those is overkill. You also don't need 4 Yveltals. 2 is enough.

Thus:

Pokemon (10-12)

3-4 Yveltal-Ex

1-2 Darkrai-Ex

2 Yveltal

2-2 Zoroark

Btw, that Zoroark is the Brutal Bash Zoroark, right? If it isn't, I suggest swapping your current Zoroark for it.

As for your trainers, you don't have nearly enough. There's too many of a few supporters (Pokemon Center Lady, Lysandre, maybe Colress) and not enough draw supporters (Professor Juniper, N, Birch, Shauna). The most commonly used ratio of those are 10 draw supporters, which are usually 4 N, 4 Juniper and 2 Colress. I suggest taking out 2 of each Pokemon Center Lady and Lysandre, 1 Colress, and add in the Juniper and N. Feel free to experiment afterwards to see what suits you.

Some Search Supporter (Skyla, Teammates) can also help in some games, so add those in as well. 1 of each seem to suffice in most games, at least for me. Optionally, you can run a single copy of Lysandre's Trump Card to get your resources back into the game.

Supporter (15-16)

4 Professor Juniper

4 N

2 Colress

2 Lysandre

1 Pokemon Center Lady

1 Skyla

1 Teammates

1 Lysandre's Trump Card (optional)

About your other trainers, I suggest adding in 1 Switch or Escape Rope. They help a lot if you are made to sleep by a Laser, or get Dragalge locked. You also can use a few VS Seeker to get your supporters back into your hand to supplement the lower counts of Lysandre and PKMN Center Lady. 2 is a good number, but you may put 3 if you feel more comfortable with that. Professor's Letter can get your energy into your hand, and Ultra Balls can help you easily access you Pokemon. I suggest one of the former and 2-4 of the latter.

2 Shadow Circles are enough. Those cards are situational.

Items/ Stadiums/ Tools (11-14)

3 Muscle Bands

2-4 Ultra Ball

2-3 VS Seeker

2 Shadow Circle

1 Switch

1 Professor's Letter

You don't need 18 energies. Not with Yveltal to recycle them, or Letter and draw supporters to extract them. 4 DCE is always good given how Zoroark and Yveltal-Ex can use them well, but for your Darkness Energy, 8 should be enough (some decks go with even less).

Energy (12)

4 DCE

8 Darkness

Hope that helps, and good luck.

^Really good Skelton list. Add in a couple of the suggestions I made and you should be golden.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived