tornament trophy

86pikachu86

just a suggestion: to make something useful for the trophies earned in tournaments, maybe exchange them for in-game items etc. as i don't see a point to keep >1 of each as avatars.

just a suggestion: to make something useful for the trophies earned in tournaments, maybe exchange them for in-game items etc. as i don't see a point to keep >1 of each as avatars.

But you can know how many times did you win or second or third.. :)

I hope there's some unlockable in the near future -- at least an achievement, and at best some commemorative promo or access to high-roller tournaments.

Hi 86pikachu86!

Neat idea. :) I'll submit it to the Dev team for consideration and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime. Thanks for your input!

Hummmm… I never thought of actually putting the trophies to use. Honestly it would be hard to part with them since they are proof of my victories. If I were to trade them for something I would hope it could be exclusive card sleeves or clothing. That way I could see those items as proof of my accomplishment and show them to other people when I use them.

My only concern with such a system would be if those items would be locked or not. For once, I would advocate for locking items that would be traded for trophies. Locking them would make it so that people would have work to get these items and they would be seen as a status symbol. Also, for these items to be tradable, it would completely change the economy because people would be offering them for huge numbers of packs and for the 1st week they would flood the public trades.

• 3 weeks later...

So I recently hit 100 golden trophies aaaaand... now I'm back at 10 again, guess you can't have more than 99 copies of a single item in the game client so it just resets itself, which furtheremore proofs that the current trophies are just a waste of space :S.

So I recently hit 100 golden trophies aaaaand... now I'm back at 10 again, guess you can't have more than 99 copies of a single item in the game client so it just resets itself, which furtheremore proofs that the current trophies are just a waste of space :S.

Interesting.  I will have our testing team dig into that one and bug it as appropriate.  Your trophy count certainly should not reset...

^ It doesn't actually reset you to 10 trophies; it just cuts off the last digit in a display error, so it looks like you have 10 when you actually have 100. I know this all too well; I have over 270 gold trophies (I play way too many tournaments, XD), but the game says I have 27.

^ It doesn't actually reset you to 10 trophies; it just cuts off the last digit in a display error, so it looks like you have 10 when you actually have 100. I know this all too well; I have over 270 gold trophies (I play way too many tournaments, XD), but the game says I have 27.

Ah, thanks for the info.

I think upon trading I once read that you are unable to trade more than 99 copies of a single item (i.e. packs), so I figured there was something in the code that would prevent you from exceeding 99.

And thats quite an impressive number mate, I'm more than impressed :D.

Either way, 'tis a bug and needs squashing!  Thanks again for bringing the issue to our attention and have a great weekend :)

I agree that trophies should be exchanged for exclusive items, such as clothing or sleeves. But honestly it would be the exact same thing if you just replaced trophies and added an extra reward.

Well about the trophies, I would say they are a proof of our victory. They should be put up in our profile and as the daily challenges are coming. There should be something to earn for the number of trophies you got. Example - After every 5 gold trophies I could get an HGSS pack :P (Really need them, the staff removed before I could get the bundle) :D

I like the idea of having a certain number of trophies unlocks something in the shop like sleeves. That way piling them up is cool. Or using them to enter into primier tournaments with bigger prizes.

Very interesting thread.

I'd like to suggest that the trophies be used as a ranking system.

For example:

Gold: 5 Pts

Silver: 3 pts

Bronze: 1 pt

A trainers total points will put them into a specific tournament "Rank" and then used to determine which tournaments they can enter. For example, a person with not much tournament experience and wins can not join "Expert tournaments" and people with well over 1000 Tourney pts can not join "Novice" Tournaments.

At the moment I am finding that I am very easily steam rolling most of the tournaments I enter due to matching up against possibly newer players with very poorly built decks. Having a tournament ranking system would stop ppl like me steamrolling over weaker players and allow more experienced and competitive players enjoy better competition.

Ration, did you know if you check on your profile stats there is something called tournament points?  I think you currently get 10 points for 1st place and fewer for the others. But I haven't heard if there is anything planned for them.

Ration, did you know if you check on your profile stats there is something called tournament points?  I think you currently get 10 points for 1st place and fewer for the others. But I haven't heard if there is anything planned for them.

Wow thanks for the info, I did not know that. Is this viewed in-game or on here?

So in the game after the splash page there is an orange button in the upper right corner. Clicking it will pull out a menu. On the top row of that menu is a grey button with the shadow of a person on it. Clicking that should bring you to the game stats page. Tournament points is like the second to last one.  The bar has been there since the last big update, but it read zero for quite a while. Within the last two weeks it appears to have started tracking tournament results though.

I see it now!

Thanks for the info. I don't think its 10 pts per gold trophy though.

I currently have:

84 gold

44 silver

46 bronze

Tournament points: 307

Archived