Game refuses to install.

CatCollective

After a few months of trying to return to this game, I decided to come back and play. When I install it, nothing happens afterwards after I open the installer. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried this multiple times today and nothing shows up, even after I open it after it finishes installing on my browser.

Hi CatCollective,

The majority of issues are resolved by doing a full uninstall. Unfortunately, the game does not always remove the all of its associated files when it is uninstalled. Reinstalling the game while those files are still present can create a conflict within the program. You can do a "full" uninstall by following the steps below:

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

Once you've completed this process, please delete any previously download installation files that you may have saved on your hard drive, then grab the latest installer from www.pokemontcg.com/download and reinstall the game.

If this does not help:

1. Check Your Firewall

-Ensure that your Firewall (this includes Windows Firewall which is included with Windows) has exceptions for TCGO. This includes:

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe

Refresher.exe

2. Check Router Settings

If you use a router and you start experiencing issues you may need to configure the outbound ports to allow the game to connect correctly. The following ports need outbound forwarding:

-5222 (Chat)

If you do not know how to open ports for your router or modem, please use your favourite search engine to look for "Name of Modem / Router port forwarding".

3. Run as Administrator

Right click on your TCGO desktop icon, click on "Run as administrator".

Improve Game Performance

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes, lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).

Archived