malamar-ex issue

danielpeebles

there's evidently a bug where mew-ex users don't get to use maxamar attack (malamar ex)

A few players have recently refused to play against a "broke maxamar" and promptly quit; however, if I read the bug forum correctly, the attack just shows up as an extra retreat icon, I'm not a Mew-EX owner, so I can't tell. Can Mew-EX actually use maxamar if the user knows what to click?

I just tested this, and MAXamar showed up just fine in Mew-EX's list of attacks from Versatile. Maybe people are forgetting it needs a Darkness Energy or something, because I'm not seeing a bug here.

Things that come to mind:

Is Garbodor in play?

Do they not have a dark energy attached?

Can they pay the cost of the attack?

Are they allowed to attack?

What happens is that, occasionally, the name of the Maxamar attack doesn't show up in the list of Mew-Ex's options. The attack is still there (at least everytime it has occurred for me) but the field where it would say what the attack is and what is does is completely blank.

If you know about this, you can play through with no issues. If you weren't aware that the empty slot in your attack list is actually Maxamar, I suppose it could be quite difficult to figure it out. I only know about the details of this bug from running a deck with both Mew-Ex and Malamar-Ex in it, and have had occaions where Maxamar was Mew's only valid attack. This made it fairly obvious that the apparently blank spot was the attack.

I use a deck with Malamar-EX and it's attack shows up as a retreat option quite often (like 20% of the time). It seems to be just a visual bug. If you choose it on your Mew-EX it should still do the attack.

Hello there!

This is a known bug, so I'll be closing this thread. Please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you come across any other issues.

Thanks for your reports and your patience!

Archived