Best decks against Seismitoad-ex?

Andraxius

I have some packs and I'm trying to decide which deck to make next. I want to make a deck that works well against Siesmitoad-ex decks since it's very annoying to play against, it's just a powerful anti-fun deck and I would like to discourage its play. If you know what deck works well against it please share it. It would be beneficial for everybody and it would help Seismitoad-ex players move on to something else. I would also know how the deck you're suggesting works against other matchups and how it does n general.

The first thing that comes to mind is obviously all powerful grass types that hit Seismitoad EX for weakness. Virizion EX + Genesect EX are the first choice here. Both grass EX's destroy Seismitoad EX into pieces. The laser protection thanks to Virizion EX gives Seismitoad EX no additional damage chance and Virizion EX as the setup Pokémon even has the water resistance which makes the received Seismitoad EX damage almost nothing.

This deck in general has a good match-up against every deck thanks to G-Booster and both abilities of Virizion EX and Genesect EX who gives the benched Pokémon always a scare. Only against Pyroar it is sometimes difficult, because G Booster discards two energies. Against decks with Mega Gardevoir EX this deck needs one Deoxys EX to get an additional 10 damage to knock out the Mega EX in one turn.

The main problem though is that Seismitoad EX can be put into every deck. Pyroar, Yveltal EX, Garbodor - so many decks can use it to hinder you to get stage 2 into play - which is the main point of Seismitoad EX: to let you sit their without doing anything useful when your items are blocked.

I was considering that deck, unfortunately, I think that deck is too expensive for me. Sadly that deck is, I believe, the only viable grass deck out there and out of reach for many.

But still, thanks for the reply. :)

V/G is expensive and Doesn't always work due to Garb or no grass attached or head ringer.

But the best way to handle toad, without V/G (In my opinion) is the exeggutor lock deck. No support/ Useless lock plus weakness hit= amazing matchup.

I've never heard of that deck before I'll look it up maybe.

Since I play a flareon deck, I've decided I'll add more leafeon since I previously only ran two. I usually lose to Siesmitoad with my flareon deck since I can't use my items to get pokemon into the discard pile to feed my flareon's vengeance and I didn't have enough Leafeon to win the game so I'm trying it out, it should work. Plus my flareon deck does well against most decks, especially ex decks, it only has a harder time against Aegislash-ex, Donphan/Gengar-ex, and Seismitoad-ex.

Toad Quaking Punch really doesn't have a lot of bad matchups at the moment. I hope rotation is rough on Toad. A proper XY-on rotation will leave Quaking Punch decks without Laser, Virbank, and Crushing Hammer. Without these cards, Quaking Punch just won't be enough to carry the whole deck. Of course that is if they don't print a replacement to HTL in the coming sets. Something in the form of a damage based item card. They have to be careful with that powerful items they decide to create, because even if rotation alleviates the game, they can bring it right back into this grossness with a single card. Expanded could still be nasty.

^ Actually, Crushing Hammer was (aggravatingly) reprinted in the Kalos Starter Decks, which would undoubtedly remain in an XY-on format. But losing Virbank Laser would certainly make the toad less of a threat.

The Kalos Starter decks, despite being "XY" were the theme decks for Legendary Treasures. For them to be legal format would have to be LTR on. They were only XY cards because it was a new generation being released amidst a reprint set, and also why they have their own specific symbol.

The Kalos Starter decks, despite being "XY" were the theme decks for Legendary Treasures. For them to be legal format would have to be LTR on. They were only XY cards because it was a new generation being released amidst a reprint set, and also why they have their own specific symbol.

Actually, they werent. Legendary Treasures was the first time since Neo Genesis (It could be Neo Destiny, I can't remember) that we've had a set without Theme Decks.

And if you look on the cards it's KSS, meaning Gen. 6, meaning XY set.

They were the 'starter deck' equivalent for LTR. If they do get counted towards XY-on, it wouldn't be XY-on anymore, it would be KSS-on. Crushing Hammer is a wretched card, it's far too easy to exploit especially in a format with a deck renewal card. I really hope they put the axe on including the Kalos starter decks in standard but they probably won't.

About what is good against Toad currently, I assume the OP is talking about decks designed to use Quaking Punch the entire game as opposed to decks with a Toad as a side attacker. Since QP has good matchups against the meta, I would think decks that have room for some QP counters could be good. Mewtwo EX, Xerosic, Team Flare Grunt, and Pokemon Center Lady are good against such decks and are pretty splashable. There is even Durant FLF that can discard a huge Toadpuff hand down randomly to 4. Sure, they have Trump Card, but if they are sitting on one last VS seeker and you discard it, they could run out of resources. Probably not reliable, but sounds fun.

V/G is expensive and Doesn't always work due to Garb or no grass attached or head ringer.

But the best way to handle toad, without V/G (In my opinion) is the exeggutor lock deck. No support/ Useless lock plus weakness hit= amazing matchup.

V/G will have a huge success rate against toad EX .. even if garb is active.

They run for weakness, virizion EX will do 100 damage to toad, gen will OHKO

Toad will do mere 10 damage to viri, 30 with muscle . .and yes, if head ringer - toad deck runs .. and attached on time on V/G . .will be a setback . . its more than overcomeable once V/G comes in flow

As for exeggutor .. I'll say if garb comes in play, it'll have more problem. . way more than V/G

Archived