Rewards:

First Place: 3 Tournament Tickets

Second Place: 2 Tournament Tickets

3rd and 4th Place: 1 Tournament Ticket

5th through 8th Place: 12 Trainer Tokens

Standard Format Tournament

Entry requirement: 3 Tournament Tickets

Rewards:

First Place: 2 XY-Primal Clash 10 card tradeable booster packs, 1 random 10 card tradeable booster packs.

Second Place: 1 XY-Primal Clash 10 card tradeable booster pack, 1 random 10 card tradeable booster pack.

5th through 8th Place: 25 Trainer Tokens

Coming This Weekend, February 27 to March 1 

Starting mid-day this Friday and running through Sunday, we will be adding two Expanded format tournaments into the above line up.  

Weekend Expanded Format Tournament

Entry requirement: 49 Trainer Tokens

Rewards:

First Place: 3 Tournament Tickets

Second Place: 2 Tournament Tickets

5th through 8th Place: 12 Trainer Tokens

Weekend Expanded Format Tournament

Entry requirement: 5 Tournament Tickets

Rewards:

First Place: 3 XY-Primal Clash 10 card tradeable booster packs, 2 random 10 card tradeable booster packs.

Second Place: 1 XY-Primal Clash 10 card tradeable booster pack, 1 random 10 card tradeable booster pack.

3rd and 4th Place: 1 random 10 card tradeable booster pack.

5th through 8th Place: 50 Trainer Tokens

We plan to continue to rotate which format of Tournaments are available in an ongoing basis.  We want to keep the number of available Tournaments lower, to help concentrate players and reduce the potential that anyone waits too long for any Tournament to start.

After reading this announcement or having played in a Tournament, I look forward to reading your feedback.

I will see you online!

The plan is to continue to rotate formats for the weekend.

So, next weekend (March 6 to 8) would be Unlimited for the extra formats.

Feedback and usage will help guide us going forward.

We are also working on some "extra" stuff to help keep Tournaments interesting, but I only have teasers on that front and no details yet to share.

Thanks for the tournament feature being implemented lately. I understand it is in Beta and im sure these points have already been made but you want feedback, here's mine:

1. When tier1 finishing players complete and have won their matches, the matching tier2 players should start without waiting for all other tier1 players to finish games. Sometimes waiting 15+ minutes to start something that has no benefit to wait is sort of ridiculous. In fact it would make total tournament times less because then you wouldnt be waiting the extra time for all tier2 games to end.

2. It would be nice to be entered into tournaments based on ranking. You clearly have a ranking system in place and it should be used. Allowing an "open" category to fullfill the needs of tournaments like they are now would remedy anyone complaining about changes made, keeping the current format.

Thanks for your interest!

Credits

tournaments by ranking would be open to exploitation. you could intentionally lose ranked games to get into easy tournaments and beat everyone and thus defeating the whole purpose of having them while incentivizing people to throw games in ranked.

Thanks for the tournament feature being implemented lately. I understand it is in Beta and im sure these points have already been made but you want feedback, here's mine:

1. When tier1 finishing players complete and have won their matches, the matching tier2 players should start without waiting for all other tier1 players to finish games. Sometimes waiting 15+ minutes to start something that has no benefit to wait is sort of ridiculous. In fact it would make total tournament times less because then you wouldnt be waiting the extra time for all tier2 games to end.

2. It would be nice to be entered into tournaments based on ranking. You clearly have a ranking system in place and it should be used. Allowing an "open" category to fullfill the needs of tournaments like they are now would remedy anyone complaining about changes made, keeping the current format.

Thanks for your interest!

Credits

7supersonicfan, on 24 Feb 2015 - 2:20 PM, said:

Hello, i have a question: Are these tournaments going to stick around or are they limited?

The plan is to rotate different tournament formats, in part to keep things fresh and also to keep the total number of queues down.

Going forward, we are endeavoring to have some tournament available 24/7. Of course, there may be periods where there are not - but we would clearly announce any such off times.

Credits, on 24 Feb 2015 - 3:08 PM, said:

As I understand it, the on-demand Tournament system has the future possibility of other structures (Swiss, for example). As such, the way that players proceed is set to accommodate that future possibility. That's why they currently work with the timing they do. It is unfortunate if you finish your match quickly but the bracket is held up with one game that goes the distance. Ultimately, we felt that the timing wasn't overly punishing. Hopefully, it doesn't happen that often for you.

I think that Kalendae had a good point about your concern over rating. I do think it might be good to have some Tournaments require a certain rating or entry to be able to get into, thereby upping the overall competition which could make for fun and challenging game play. I can't say if or when we might implement such, but I think it is a fun idea to consider.

I know there is much disdain for theme decks, but can there be at least somewhat of a greater reward option available to theme deck players. I don't have a great variety of cards to build a deck with yet, and the red card issue has only exacerbated the problem. I don't see a reason not to offer this if the entry option was also switched to tournament tickets for the greater reward tier.

Also, since tournaments may end up with a shortage of players due to ticket issues, would it be possible to offer single tournaments that have 2 separate options to enter? For example you could enter with coins and only receive either coins or tickets at the end, or enter with tickets to gain the higher rewards. That way the player bases would be consolidated without any exclusions from ticket shortages. Simply put, the entry fee that a player chooses would determine their own potential rewards, regardless of what entry fee the other players chose.

I don't like theme deck battles at all. Please add in Standard tournaments for token tournys, otherwise I like this. I have like 45 tickets to spend and 500 tokens. I just played a ticket tournament and won 3 packs.

The game still randomly freezes and forces you to forfeit the game or in certain cases even completely restart the client. This is fine in random Versus games but it becomes very frustrating in tournament play since it means that you just wasted 3 tickets.

Theme Decks tournaments are currently useless; it's faster to gain tickets (and other rewards) through regular versus play and there's also the added benefit of no down time. Not to mention this kind of system prevents non-paying players from ever getting good enough cards to seriously compete in the other formats. The prelevalence of EXs is so high that you'll never make it to the finals with a hastily scrapped together deck and if you can't make it to the finals it'll be very hard to improve your deck. The previous system, where Theme deck tournaments had the same rewards as other formats, was perhaps a bit too generous since the goal of the game is to make money, but the current system is way too stingy.

you get five minutes to rejoin if you crash or lose connection.

prevalence of EX cards makes pyroar decks quite good i've seen 2 pyroar decks go on to win tournaments.

its a self balancing system, if EX is so prevalent that pyroar decks win they will become more popular and so on.

to be totally honest, im actually surprised at the approachability of the tournaments as my really incomplete deck was able to get 2nd place quite a few times. I would have thought it would be competitive decks only.

the tournaments also start very quickly after joining so all things are looking great.

what i'd love to see are sealed pack tournaments where the cost of joining are unopened tradeable packs. then u open them for the tournament and make a deck out of them. with all basic energies avail. it would be super fun and there would be level playing field for newer players and it would offer a sink for the sealed packs.

not true, when my computer run off batterie, even if you reco you lose.....

Other trouble sometimes i win tier 1 but not for the game and i have to exit tournament....

ThX FOR Expanded tounament i'm getting so seek of Crapustule deck^^ .

you get five minutes to rejoin if you crash or lose connection.

prevalence of EX cards makes pyroar decks quite good i've seen 2 pyroar decks go on to win tournaments.

its a self balancing system, if EX is so prevalent that pyroar decks win they will become more popular and so on.

to be totally honest, im actually surprised at the approachability of the tournaments as my really incomplete deck was able to get 2nd place quite a few times. I would have thought it would be competitive decks only.

the tournaments also start very quickly after joining so all things are looking great.

what i'd love to see are sealed pack tournaments where the cost of joining are unopened tradeable packs. then u open them for the tournament and make a deck out of them. with all basic energies avail. it would be super fun and there would be level playing field for newer players and it would offer a sink for the sealed packs.

The game doesn't crash and my connection is stable. What happens is that the game simply stops responding. I then have to quit the client and re-login and the game records my match as a loss.

Ignoring the fact that there are many ex pokemon that get around Pyroar's ability. you still have to get the sufficient cards to build an anti-Ex deck, which has become really difficult for non-paying players.

I was talking about the wait between the rounds. The game should have a system that pairs you up with someone as soon as you enter round 2/3. Or at lest let the 2 fastest players play round 2 as soon as they each finish their round 1 matches.

I have a idea!

IN the tournament with 3 tokens. will give you 1 primal clash pack and 1 random pack. Also, The 5 ticket tourney will give you 1 primal pack and 1 random pack. But It Seems Little unfair when u become 2nd in 5 ticket tourney Because you get the same reward as 3 ticket tourney :( So I think In 5 ticket tourney For second place we should Get 2 Primal Clash Pack And 1 Random Booster pack. So That will be Better who earns the second Spot in the tourney :)

Pokemon moderators or TPCi Please Check This matter :)

Thank You,

Shuvo_1

Please add a little notification to the ptcgo icon when the next tourney round is about to start. Over the past couple of days I have won several 2nd rounds and even 1 final round because my opponent was afk and thus lost after 1 minute, which I would translate as " he was surfing the web / failed to realize that the next round was about to start".

You can imagine that winning in such a manner is rather unsatisfying and that is me talking on the beneficial end here.

well, i spend my time fighting against Sepiatroce ex /Mewtoo ex /yvelta ex etc...

The strategy is simple just put an energy on them again and again.

Personaly, i don't play like that maybe because i prefer to have my own strategy...

But this is so boring ,even if you have an anti-ex strategy, silent lab reduce your chance .

i have the impression of playing against autist^^ ("me happy,attached energy ohhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhh ...)

I would like to suggest removing the 5 minute disconnection timer, I've noticed many times in the tournament people would ***** it, when I'm winning the game or about to win the game, my opponent would disconnect from the game in an attempt to glitch the game so that my window screen would be stuck with a "0:00 opponent is inactive" and if I don't restart my game I will lose the round because I timed out.

I'm currently in a game where I had to restart 6 times now to avoid losing the round.

I don't like how people are forced to play theme deck token tournaments. There should be at least standard games also. Theme decks matches are boring and I don't feel like playing them. I guess I will just let my tokens pile up instead. I know people with bad cards want theme deck matches but why only theme decks? It is too much.

Hello! I love the tournament system, but feel like there should always be an option for theme decks where the prize is booster packs. It's frustrating as a player without money to spend on cards to build a decent "Standard" deck as there are not a lot of options to get tradeable boosters without paying money for them. I understand that this is not a "nonprofit" company and at the end of the day you want to encourage players to spend (even just a little) money at the shop, but I feel the deck building grind is pretty bad at the moment. I don't think I'll even be able to build a decent deck by the time this rotation ends with the current system!

I really liked the idea one poster had about being able to choose your reward based on your entry fee!

Not to complain but tournaments have gotten to easy. I just won 3 tournaments in a row. I love winning the tickets and packs but I only have a 60% winning percentage with the deck I use. They are real easy rate now.

There is no logical reason to keep one half of the bracket waiting for the other half to finish their game. Completely kills the enjoyment when you win quickly and often are waiting 20 minutes. Completely illogical

There is no logical reason to keep one half of the bracket waiting for the other half to finish their game. Completely kills the enjoyment when you win quickly and often are waiting 20 minutes. Completely illogical

So in case you don't wait, win your 2nd round fast as well while the other side is stuck in back to back long games you now wait 40 minutes for the final. Seems like a good deal.

Archived