Mew-EX Versatile against Sigilyph

Mintin

Some days ago, last time I could play this without Red Cards appearing, I had some trouble with Mew-EX ability. I was proving if I could transfer energies from Mew-EX to a Sigilyph inmune to all EX attacks.

I expected the Sigilyph to not receive the energy nor transfer its energies, but Mew-EX lost the energy transferred to the Sigilyph, it just went to the discarded cards. And that should not happen. I'm sure that if other Pokemon transfer their energies to Sigilyph by Versatile they would get discarded also.

:unsure: Don't know if it's still going around as its just an specific situation, but last time I actually played was less than a week ago so maybe it still happens.

Mew-EX's Ability allows it to use attacks other than its own Replace. Those are still counted as attacks, and since Mew-EX is the one using them, they're counted as an EX's attacks. Hence, Safeguard blocked that attack's effects.

Yeah, I don't get why the ruling is this way, but all Energies that are moved to a Safeguard 'mon by an EX's attack are instead discarded, as they can't be moved there. Not the best way to go about that scenario, but that's just how it is.

At least it should be explained as a side effect, but its still terribly specific. I hope soemday it can get fixed as it can be a mistake that affects badly the game of the person playing.

Archived