Have You Had Any Strange Pulls from Booster Packs?

MaSkullzOnFire

I'm talking about the physical booster packs, not the digital ones.

For example, I bought a Phantom Forces ETB the other day and I opened the booster packs and in one of the booster packs I pulled a Potion that was not from the Phantom Forces expansion. It was actually from the Kalos Starter Set.

I have also noticed that in the new ETBs (Primal Clash ones) that some of the cards in the booster packs are packed either upside down or facing the wrong way.

I would check to see if those cards were counterfeit or not. Three years ago, I was even fooled by a pack until I opened it.

I noticed that Barnes and Noble is beginning to sell their boosters in plastic cases like a DVD. I have never had a problem with a real booster in the cardboard packaging.

Keep in mind, we have had a history (Granted, a small one) of wonky mixups like this. Example (For all of my Base Set players out there <3) Pre-Release Raichu is a great example.

(What happened was, when Base set was being printed back in the olden days of WOTC the sheets of the cards also included the Pre-releas prOmo, which was right next to Raichu. Every so often A printing error occurred and Raichu would get printed instead of the intended promo card. WOTC cough it, destroyed most of them, but 10 were released in packs. They are currently worth 10K a pop.) Just a history lesson for those interested :P

Those are likely fake. Look for spelling errors as well. But if they aren't fake, they are a neat story, like Iron Bat said above. :)

I believe we all can find those legit sites that show us the difference between a real Pokemon card and a fake one, I would link to one of them now but can't cause it's against the rules.

Those are likely fake. Look for spelling errors as well. But if they aren't fake, they are a neat story, like Iron Bat said above. :) I believe we all can find those legit sites that show us the difference between a real Pokemon card and a fake one, I would link to one of them now but can't cause it's against the rules.

Oh I know how to spot fake cards (I wouldn't be much of a collector if I didn't, lol) and they definitely are not fake.

Oh I know how to spot fake cards (I wouldn't be much of a collector if I didn't, lol) and they definitely are not fake.

Haha, ok, sorry about that! :P It's hard to tell on here who knows what, my bad.

Ok, so this is an interesting happening here! Maybe a Mod who knows what's up can **** in about this..

Haha, ok, sorry about that! :P It's hard to tell on here who knows what, my bad.

Ok, so this is an interesting happening here! Maybe a Mod who knows what's up can **** in about this..

Don't worry about it :) I should have made it clear in my opening post that I can tell the different between the fake cards and the real ones.

I think I'm going to get another Phantom Forces ETB and see if it happens again.

Huh, @MaSkullzOnFire, I went to a store, bought a Phrmal Clash booster (Which was clearly marked PRIMAL CLASH) and pulled a SR M Manectric. (It's funny because I hate M Manectric, and I always pull them and my friend that was there saw me open the pack and he made the joke that I'm a M Manectric Magnet) pretty funny, huh?

Anyways, mods, can You please look into this or let someone know that theres a possibility that some cards are getting mixed up on the wrong packs? Any help would be appreciated!!

It's not really from booster packs so hope it's okay to add it, but I bought an Ice Shock deck (Black Kyurem) and almost all the cards were miscuts. You can barely see the top yellow border or not see them at all.

I also got a Blastoise (base set) that says "Put Blastoise on the 1 card". It's missing the word "stage" and maybe the #1.

oh I've got a really strange thing before 3 EXs from one pack it was LT they were Reshiram EX, Victini EX, Shaymin EX for radiance collection I've found 2 EX but that was ligitly possible but 3 is to much (I ordered the pack from Official Pokémon store.

• 2 weeks later...

I've pulled blank templates at one point. The packaging was legit, and nothing else was strange about the cards. There were just white and borders, and I was sad, because I was hoping for actual cards.

I've pulled blank templates at one point. The packaging was legit, and nothing else was strange about the cards. There were just white and borders, and I was sad, because I was hoping for actual cards.

Thats quite funny, did you show the place you bought it from? If so, did they at least swap it out for you?

It sounds like my kind of luck at times. xD

Man, I wish I could post pictures on here. Just found my old box of misprints, I have some pretty hilarious ones, like quarters of cards printed into one card, blanks, regular misprints and (my personal favorites) banned/censored cards.

Archived