I would like "EVOLUTION" option in the collection sort menu.

Wolfman_11

My son got interested in POKEMON, which led to me playing. I enjoy a good strategy and am interested in deck building. I find it difficult to sort the cards to find the information I am looking for. The different views, and sort menus do eventually provide the info I need but one thing i noticed is there is no simple way to see evolutions.

If i had a bunch of cards I liked, it would be cool to have a "Sort by evolutions" option as either a filter of a sort query.

You mean kind of like we have when you view a deck from Deck Manager? (i.e. alphabetic by Basic form, with evolutionary relatives grouped together)

Yes. When in create deck mode, you can view specs of the card like "HP", and " EVOLVES FROM"

Whenediting a deck there is a little yellow arrow that shows an evolution of a card if you have them, and it groups them together.

Those features are not available when searching collection, so every time I want to compare cards I need to enter deck editor to do so.

As an example, I find a cool stage 2 card I want to try.

I would need to edit a deck and then sort alphebetically find the card i am researching.

I would then write down the name of the card that evolves from.

Then do the same for the stage one that I just wrote down.

Finally once i find the basic that starts the chain, I can decide if i want to use that group or not.

What would be useful is a checkbox in the filters. There is already a filter for the 3 stages, so another check box to sort by evolution would be handy. I would think it would be best as a filter but I do not know if the column sort would overrule.

A feature like this would show how many "oshawott, dewott and samurott"s you may have available at a glance.

If you are missing one in the chain you will know right away, and would just click "Show Not Owned" to find the pokemon you are missing and then you can tag it for trade.

if you expand a card and then click on one of the buttons it shows the card in relation to all its evolution chain including other cards in that chain. cards you have are colored, cards you don't are black and white. it is a great view for exploring your evolution chains in your collections.

I agree a sort by evolution would be great, while you can see evolution s by clicking the arrow button thing, it isn't as nice as it would be to have a sort option especially since when you are done you are in a random place in the cards.

I finally found that button! The one in the bottom right of the card profile. Thanks to the two that led me to this discovery! I don't often look at the cards in that view since I am more about the specs, so today I learned something.

Yes that is the information I am looking for, and since this information is already in the database, it may even be easier to incorperate it into the List view as a sort query.

But still, an ability to view your Collection with evolutionary chains grouped together (like evos are in Deck Manager) would be awesome all the same. Need to get a Kyogre-EX for that Primal Kyogre-EX I pulled the other day....

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed it would be easier to see all my Evees next to each other and then my Espeons, Vaporeons, Umbreons, Etc probably best in alphabetical order for situations like Evee who has so many evolutions. Right now I'd have to click Evee, click the evolution expand button select an evolution then when I am done clicking I will be back on whatever I clicked on last but it's still kind of jumbled up.

Archived