Refresher won't work.

sneakycolossus

The game keeps saying i need the newest version. So, i go to refresher and it is already at 100%, so i click play. the process repeats. Please help me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

I take it you are playing on a Mac?

If so, you need to get the updated installer from http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/

This new installer fixes some bugs with the prior version.

If that doesn't work for you, then please click the link in my signature to go to the Pokemon Support Website and enter a question for our Support Team to assist you.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I take it you are playing on a Mac?

If so, you need to get the updated installer from http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/

This new installer fixes some bugs with the prior version.

If that doesn't work for you, then please click the link in my signature to go to the Pokemon Support Website and enter a question for our Support Team to assist you.

Thanks!

Indeed this didn't work, I have installed and downloaded the installer like 5 times, twice the latest one and 3 time the one before to this one (feb release) and I haven't been able to start the game, always got stuck on lading assets window, I'm playing on MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, please help!!

For anyone who is getting stuck "loading assets" with your Mac install not proceeding, can you please visit pokemon.com/support and enter a question with details about your Mac and what is happening when you install.

The best way for us to track this issue is to get your information into our support system.

Thank you very much for your understanding and assistance in resolving this issue.

For anyone who is getting stuck "loading assets" with your Mac install not proceeding, can you please visit pokemon.com/support and enter a question with details about your Mac and what is happening when you install.

The best way for us to track this issue is to get your information into our support system.

Thank you very much for your understanding and assistance in resolving this issue.

Hi there.

These are my computers specs:

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

MacBook Pro *******, 15-inch, Late 2013)

CPU 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7

RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

I’m a player that can’t use the TCG online game since the last 2 updates, where there was a publication that due to the refresher not working properly to update the game was said the we would need to uninstall the game and download it from the site and install it again, that’s what I did, and din’t work.

I have uninstall and re-install the game several times, I have used an application to “full” uninstall an app from mac os, called appzapper, and then install the game again, and didn’t work, of course I have tried to uninstall the game with the regular process, sending to the trash can the app and didn’t work neither, this has been an issue for a while, please help me out with this, any other information you need form me please don’t doubt on contact me I will provide any information that could help on solving this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please make sure that you delete all previously dowloaded installation files from your Download folder. Having more than one has caused issues in the past.

Deleting everything has no effect on the problem have gone through the entire process multiple times with the same results.

• 2 weeks later...

The same thing happens to me every patch i gave up and just redownload the game every time. Windows vista 64bit.

Same, reinstalled, uninstalled, black screen that says finding refresher, then error cant not find server but i am on the internet. and when i run the refrsher from the main folder, it said error, sorry please re-install the game. what do i do?

• 1 month later...

has this been fixed or not please soemone tell me i'm USING WINDOWS VISTA NOT MAC i deleted everything many many times i did everything i should know its my computer please tell me what to do

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I had a range of errors last week (including the error mentioned here) and it was very frustrating to say the least ! In my first instance, the loading assets page was stalled on 95% every time that I tried to load the game.

After hours of searching I tried various methods like clearing cache files, re-installing the game, flushing the dns cache (windows), using different installer versions, installing the game on another windows account etc..... none of them worked.

I finally found out that the problem was a DNS connection error. I changed the DNS settings in my connection properties and the problem went immediately and I was able to load and play the game.

I used OpenDNS which is a free, up to date DNS service. I can't provide a link here so search Google for 'use opendns'. It should be the first result and you will find instructions on how to do it for most OS.

I would uninstall pokemon from the computer then reinstall it with the latest installer.

Hope this works for you guys. :)

Please post back if it works so others can know if it's helpful. See you in there ! :-D

Stuck on " About to start the game " using eindow s tablet....after the refreshers was complete I click play...now it sits on same screen..I exited and tried to open shortcut and it tells me this app can't run on my pc? Is this true now or is something messed up? Plz help

I can get on to the game fine, but my issue comes when I try to create an account. I must've tried creating an account on this website at least five times, but it's just not letting me make one. It keeps on telling me that a problem has occurred and to create an account on this website, but this site doesn't seem to understand that I've already downloaded the game, so I'm downloading it again and again and I still am not able to create an account. Any help with this would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

as soon as i open the game, it is on the refresher screen, then it says "Error, could not connect to server". i have tried opening and closing as well as reinstalling, but it still says the same thing. Any suggestions? PS i also restarted my internet so dont say its an internet problem

I'm also experiencing the exact same problem & I realize a lot of people are experiencing the same!

I've went through all proposed fixes and nothing is working, so when are we gonna get a stable version ?

as soon as i open the game, it is on the refresher screen, then it says "Error, could not connect to server". i have tried opening and closing as well as reinstalling, but it still says the same thing. Any suggestions? PS i also restarted my internet so dont say its an internet problem

• 2 weeks later...

When I load the game, it says checking for updates, then the refresher opens, it loads to 100% and I then press the "play game" button. When I do this it goes through the same process and seems to be stuck in a infinite loop.

I have tried uninstalling the game and deleting all the update files and re-installing but the same issue happens.

How do I resolve this?

EDIT: I am using Windows 8 not a Mac

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem as Th3H0rn3, running Windows 10. I've uninstalled and installed with a freshly downloaded installer to no avail. This occurs with the December 16 patch (version 2.33.0.2161), and repeats endlessly until I close out the refresher.

Possibly of note, the game declares that it is "checking for updates" before looping back into the updater. This seems to indicate that the application of the new patch is failing.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem as Th3H0rn3, running Windows 10. I've uninstalled and installed with a freshly downloaded installer to no avail. This occurs with the December 16 patch (version 2.33.0.2161), and repeats endlessly until I close out the refresher.

Possibly of note, the game declares that it is "checking for updates" before looping back into the updater. This seems to indicate that the application of the new patch is failing.

Having the same problem with today's patch (version 2.34.0.2252). Only difference is that I'm using Windows 8.

Archived