dialga-ex chrono wind

coraguardian

Client: 2.26.0.1165

Card: Dialga-ex

Card Number: phantom forces 62

Bug description: The attack (chrono wind) prevents the defending pokemone from attacking on the next turn if it's a pokemon-ex. I did have a genesect-ex as my defending pokemon and the attack did prevent me from attacking. Hhowever, i used the trainer card switch to move my gensect to the bench. I then retreated my new active pokemon and made that same genesect my active pokemon, but still couldn't attack.

it specifies "that pokemon" in Dialga's card text tho, so that sounds like it's correct.

it is not correct.

In this game, if a pokemon retreats to the bench, all special conditions or effects that were affecting that card go away. Normally if a pokemon that was affected by dialga's chrono wind retreats to the bench, it should be able to attack again.

This is a known bug. In fact, in updates before this one dialga's chrono wind was broken in the reverse way, where it wouldn't prevent attacks period.

I also reported this bug during the Team Magma Vs Team Aqua Tournaments as i lost in finals of a Tournament due to this bug as i was not able to attack after switching and retreating.

You said it: The attack (chrono wind) prevents the defending pokemone from attacking on the next turn if it's a pokemon-ex.

Was the defending Pokemon an EX? Yes. Switch a thousand times, if the result is that the defending Pokemon is an EX then it can not attack. It is not an error.

Anything done to the defending Pokemon goes away when it goes to the bench. Yeah, at the moment it makes stuff like this kind of hard to stick, but a proper rotation will make it harder for the same Pokemon to switch out and back in... based on what we know so far at least.

You said it: The attack (chrono wind) prevents the defending pokemone from attacking on the next turn if it's a pokemon-ex.

Was the defending Pokemon an EX? Yes. Switch a thousand times, if the result is that the defending Pokemon is an EX then it can not attack. It is not an error.

That is not correct. Chrono Wind affects the defending pokemon, if the pokemon switches out and back in they are no longer affected by effects of attacks. This kind of thing is explained in a simple rulebook...

"When your Active Pokémon goes to your Bench (whether it retreated or got there some other way), some things do go away—Special Conditions and any effects from attacks."

You can read the official rulebook here

had same problem today. Dialga attacked my Kyogre, then i rushed in with Keldeo and used Scramble Switch back to Kyogre, but he still could not attack

Hello Trainers,

To clear things up, this is currently a known bug. This effect should be removed once the Defending Pokémon is sent to the bench (TheRyanNeighbor quoted the exact rule in the post above).. As this is a known issue which the Dev team is looking into, I'll be closing this thread. Please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you come across any other issues.

Thanks for your reports, and I hope this was helpful!

Archived