Sign in to follow this  
Not_A_Bear

So, what is it exactly that the only 10 card packs in the shop are Primal Clash and Legendary Treasures?

Not_A_Bear

Can a developer/moderator explain this? Why is it that you don't sell the 10 card packs of any other set other than whichever is newest, plus Legendary Treasures? What is the reasoning behind this? I don't see why you can't buy 10 card packs of every available set. The 5 card packs are a ripoff, which may not contain rares at all. I can understand why only the newest set gets the bundles with multiple packs/promos/coins, but I cannot fathom why it's impossible to buy 10 card packs of say, Flashfire or Phantom Forces from the shop. And... again... why Legendary Treasures exactly?

I really think it would make sense to just ditch the 5 card packs entirely and add 10 card packs of all of the sets. I would really like someone from the official team to explain this, please.

Edited by Not_A_Bear

MaSkullzOnFire

This is just pure speculation on my part but I would say that Primal Clash has 10-card booster packs because, well, it's the newest expansion, and you're more than likely to find an EX card in the Legendary Treasures expansion than you are in any other; so by making that a 10-card booster as well you're guaranteed to get a rare with every purchase therefore having a bigger chance of getting an EX card.

Edited by MaSkullzOnFire

Stratadrake

The 5 card packs are a ripoff...

Are not. On a tokens-per-card basis they are just as expensive as the 10-card packs and promos (95 tokens for 5 cards, x 2 = *** tokens for 10 cards; x3 = 570 tokens for 30 cards) -- in fact, the Legendary Treasures packs are actually slightly more expensive (195 tokens for 10 cards vs. *** for 5 cards x2) than the other packs.

My guess for the use of 5-packs is simply because the lower Token cost makes them easier to buy, and they do have the same distribution ratios (i.e. 1 rare and 1 foil for every 10 cards) as 10-card packs. The fact that a given one might not contain a rare doesn't make them a ripoff, it's simply because they're ... well, a half pack.

Edited by Stratadrake

Not_A_Bear

Are not. On a tokens-per-card basis they are just as expensive as the 10-card packs and promos (95 tokens for 5 cards, x 2 = *** tokens for 10 cards; x3 = 570 tokens for 30 cards) -- in fact, the Legendary Treasures packs are actually slightly more expensive (195 tokens for 10 cards vs. *** for 5 cards x2) than the other packs.

My guess for the use of 5-packs is simply because the lower Token cost makes them easier to buy, and they do have the same distribution ratios (i.e. 1 rare and 1 foil for every 10 cards) as 10-card packs. The fact that a given one might not contain a rare doesn't make them a ripoff, it's simply because they're ... well, a half pack.

They absolutely are a ripoff. If you were unlucky, you could go 10 packs without getting a single rare.

Edited by Not_A_Bear

kalendae

is it confirmed that 2 5packs are statistically same as 1 10 pack? i feel like from personal experience that the 5 packs do not equate to half a 10 pack.

Edited by kalendae

Stratadrake
Not_A_Bear, on 19 Feb 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:They absolutely are a ripoff. If you were unlucky, you could go 10 packs without getting a single rare.
And what about the other side of the coin? If you open two 5-card packs and get a Rare from each, that's luckier than you'd expect to find from just one 10-card pack.

kalendae, on 19 Feb 2015 - 3:05 PM, said:is it confirmed that 2 5packs are statistically same as 1 10 pack? i feel like from personal experience that the 5 packs do not equate to half a 10 pack.
I believe the staff made a post to this effect at some point, but exactly where I do not know ofhand. Let me search...... okay, found it!http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/23497-flashfire-boosters-bugged/?do=findComment&comment=304598

TPCi_Mathis, on 07 May 2014 - 8:22 PM, said:The Pokemon TCG Online uses the same collation for booster packs as the physical Pokemon TCG does. However, there is currently no digital equivalent of a physical box of boosters on the online game. Think of it in terms of opening 82 different physical boxes of boosters and opening exactly one booster from each. If you did that, you'd end up with anywhere from 0 to 82 ultra rare cards.We've discussed including some sort of "booster box" logic to the game, but it's pretty far down the roadmap at this time.
Also, I believe this may answer one of the original questions:http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/21542-any-advice-for-purchasing-boosters/?hl=collation&do=findComment&comment=291869

QuoteDue to the complex collation scheme necessary to incorporate the Radiant Collection subset into Legendary Treasures, we are unable to offer the usual 5-card boosters for this expansion in the Trainer Token Shop. To ensure that players are still able to earn these cards through regular game play, we will be adding 10-card boosters from this expansion to the Shop for 195 Trainer Tokens. As with the 5-card boosters, these boosters and the cards contained inside will not be tradable. However, these will be exactly like boosters unlocked through code redemption in every other way, including containing parallel foil cards.
Edited by Stratadrake

Sign in to follow this