Wondering about TCG play (actual cards)

Doot-Doot

I've thought about trying the actual organized play stuff someday, though I'm wondering in regards to it, which specific cards are/are not considered legal for play. If there's a full list somewhere, that'd be really helpful. Specifically, I wonder if it'd be possible to include old Wizards Of The Coast cards (like jungle, fossil, TR, etc) in your deck. Primarily I'm thinking of the Pokemon, maybe energies too; not so much most if any trainer cards since they seem to have largely undergone changes over the years (but am still interested if any old trainers remain ok). I just have a ton sitting around and don't see where, in a practical sense, it'd hurt to mix some in with newer cards for a little variety in a custom deck as long as they aren't ones that would conflict with current rules in any way. Or were they banned from play altogether by now?

I've thought about trying the actual organized play stuff someday, though I'm wondering in regards to it, which specific cards are/are not considered legal for play. If there's a full list somewhere, that'd be really helpful. Specifically, I wonder if it'd be possible to include old Wizards Of The Coast cards (like jungle, fossil, TR, etc) in your deck. Primarily I'm thinking of the Pokemon, maybe energies too; not so much most if any trainer cards since they seem to have largely undergone changes over the years (but am still interested if any old trainers remain ok). I just have a ton sitting around and don't see where, in a practical sense, it'd hurt to mix some in with newer cards for a little variety in a custom deck as long as they aren't ones that would conflict with current rules in any way. Or were they banned from play altogether by now?

They can still be used it's just that they have to be used under the new pokemon blw tcg rules theres nothing to suggest that you cant use them!

from whagt i heard anything before the ex ruby and shapire cant be used in tourdements becuse before then pokemon was owned by creatures inc.

Archived