The Best Decks in TCG

harshu

How would one go about using the VirGen in standard I ask because that's what I mostly play and you mentioned on my thread to come check this thread out so I did but there was not a standard answer

Oh yes I remember. Lets see. We would need to tailor some of those expanded cards to make it standard. So lets think. We will keep the things clear and according to the theme of virgen. I will just post all the expanded cards and then tell the changes required for a standard Virgen Deck :)

I will discuss it with my friends and then post the changes here :)

Well another thing is - Its the 100th post of this thread, so congratulations and thanks to the people who have helped to build this :)

Edited by harshu

congrats harshu :) I myself was gonna congratulate you guys on the achievement myself till I realized you already did it lol

LOL you were too slow :P But Thanks :)

Well just tried this deck. Don't know if it is good or not.

Camerupt EX\Emboar(inferno ferdango) [Custom Deck]

Pokemon = 14

4 Camerupt EX

4 Tepig

2 Pignite

4 Emboar (Inferno Ferdango)

Trainers = 31

Black Smith = 3

Professor's Letter =2

Energy Rerieval =2

Muscle Bond = 2

Scorched Earths = 2

Professor Birch\Shuana = 2

Colress = 2

Lysandre = 1

Lysandre Trump Card = 1

Teammates = 1

Computer Search [Ace Spec] = 1

Skyla = 1

Fan Club = 2

Evo Soda = 2

Rare Candy = 3

VS Seeker = 2

Switch = 1

Escape Rope = 1

Energy = 15

Fire Energy = 15

Now to the strategy.

Your main attacker is Camerupt EX whose attack - explosive Jet does 50 times the number of fire energies discarded. So potentially it can OHKO any pokemon. But for that it needs correct amount of energy. This can be done with Emboar's ability which allows to attach any amount of Fire energy to any pokemon. With this theme, most fire energies will go in discard pile. So to retrieve them some trainer cards like Energy Retrieval and Black Smiths are used.

Now to the uses, though mostly explained in the strategy.

Pokemon - 

Camerupt EX - Main attacker with Explosive Jet as the main attack.

Tepig - to evolve to Pignite then Emboar or directly to Emboar with Rare candy.

Pignite - In case you don't get a rare candy and to evolve into Emboar.

Emboar - To attach as many energies possible(with its ability ) to use its own attack

heat Crash and mostly to use Camerupt EX's Explosive Jet. It is also used to handle pyroars and safegaurd pokemon.

Trainer -

Black Smith - To attach to energies from the discard pile. Since many energies will be in discard pile this will come in handy.

Professor's Letter - to get some more energies if you are short on them.

Energy retreival - It does the same work as Black smith but needs emboar to give the same effect. This can come handy incase you need to attach another energy to different Pokemon.

Muscle Bond - to OHKO pokemon with 150 or 210 HP like pokemon and save discarding an extra energy.

Scorched Earth - incase you are low on cards or have a blacksmith with Camerupt needing energies and you don't have Emboar then this kind of turn can help you attack.

Professor Birch\Shuana - for getting a better hand in case of  bad hands.

Colress - I feel that the bench would fill up quite good not very good, but can provide good cards since more number of benched pokemon are there.

Lysandre - As a game changer if you need to KO any benched pokemon or change the powerful attacker of the opponent and get time to set up.

Lysandre's Trump Card - Since this straegy uses too many card at a high rate, it is a potential that all the useful cards may be lost in discard pile in an intense match, this what trump card is used to get out of.

Teammates can be good getting to search for 2 cards after certain loss in the game, it gives an opportunity to get back.

Computer Search - to search a card really important, which could get you advantage.

Skyla - It is an important trainer in all decks helping to find correct trainer cards at the right moment.

Fan Club - mostly to get Camerupt EX, but some times you also do need tepig.

Evo Soda, in case you don't have the evolution card, but can evolve. More faster the evolution, more better it is.

Rare Candy - to get the fastest evolution and use Emboar's abiliy as early as possible.

VS Seeker - To get Black smith mostly, but sometimes you may need other supporters from the discard pile, so it comes handy.

Switch - To switch Camerupt EX incase your opponent has stalled your Camerupt EX with safegaurd Pokemon or Pyroar.

Escape Rope - is good as search but incase you also need to get rid of the opponent's pokemon.

Energy -

Fire Energy.because this is a fire deck. Nothing more to explain :P

Well thats all for this deck.  Please suggest any improvements if needed. :)

Edited by harshu

I made this deck, it's fun but doubly weak to Seismitoad. It relies on rare candy and a high Skyla count to evolve Emboar in the early game. Cymantex has championed a version which has Delphox as a priority to speed up evolving Emboar.

My own does well because it can deliver outrageous KO's and once set up has decent momentum.

It has also Reshiram as a non-EX attacker.

It still needs improvement itself, but it relies solely on Superior Energy Retrieval, running onlya single copy of Blacksmith for emergencies when Emboar is disabled or for Reshiram's Blue Flare attack, one thing conspicuously missing is Trump Card, which I simply haven't decided on what to cut to fit it in.

Camerupt EX = 3

Reshiram (LTR) = 2

Tepig = 3

Pignite = 1

Emboar (Inferno Fandango) = 3

Total 12

N = 4

Professor Sycamore = 4

Skyla = 3

Lysandre = 1

Blacksmith = 1

Teammates = 1

Total 14

Ultra ********

Rare Candy = 2

Professor's Letter = 3

Superior Energy Retrieval = 4

VS Seeker = 3

Weakness Policy = 1

Escape Rope = 1

Town Map = 1

Scorched Earth = 3

Scramble Switch (ACE-SPEC) = 1

Total 22

Fire Energy = 12

Basically your ideal start is Reshiram who can take a few hits and dish them back, with Tepig on your bench. You've got a fair number of Ultra Ball and Rare Candy and Skyla to try and make a Rare Candy combo T2 to get Emboar. Discard Fire Energy as much as possible to make playing Superior Energy Retrieval as effective as possible. Often Reshiram will be knocked out, that's what Teammates is for, your likelihood of having Emboar, Camerupt and a Superior Energy Retrieval are very good if that happens. Unfortunately you burn through cards quickly and after playing Superior Energy Retrieval a few times your hand gets very small, hopefully you can have your stadium up and with the high energy count you can draw another one so you can repeat.

Discard as much energy as you like to get the KO, you can get 4 of them back next turn with Superior Energy Retrieval and do it again.

Reshiram is great for blocking for Emboar and getting Energy into the discard pile so they can be retrieved and attached en masse (4 are needed by Camerupt to initiate the Explosive Jet attack) to Camerupt EX

My problems have been: unable to draw enough cards to play Superior Energy Retrieval, run out of Superior Energy Retrieval, unable to play items because of quaking punch, didn't bring a Startling Megaphone for Garbodor, discarded too many copies of Tepig or Emboar or Rare Candy with Sycamore, Emboar caught out and can't find escape rope, late game N after I have taken a few prize cards cripples me, unable to use Superior Energy Retrieval and no energy to use scorched earth.

Don't know what to cut.

Adding Electrode PLF has been suggested, I don't have a copy, apparently it is featured in many Blastoise and Emboar decks with similar main attackers: Rayquaza EX or Black Kyurem EX precisely to combat late game N and the discarding required for using Superior Energy Retrieval. I haven't got computer search. I prefer Ultra Ball to Fan Club, since I want 4 energies in the discard T2, since that's when I plan to use Superior Energy Retrieval and Inferno Fandango to get my first KO and get that copy of Superior Energy Retrieval from the discard pile I know is there because of Town Map.

This deck works about half the time, since if it works it works brilliantly and streaming 200 damage Explosive Jets is fairly easy once you are set, and it's quite fun to OHKO anything in the game, it's also pretty easy to cripple. Has anyone else something to add?

I would like to see an alternative deck list, I figure this one is slightly better than the former since it focuses on Emboar's ability, Blacksmith alone isn't enough to power up Explosive Jet and Superior Energy Retrieval still leaves you the option of playing a draw supporter while providing the right number of energy for Camerupt. This isn't a new concept, it's simply what I understand as a poor man's Rayquaza EX deck, the bonus being only one energy type and the option to use Blacksmith in a pinch.

Oh BTW, that was not to suggest in any way that Cymantex's version is not capable of delivering all that and more. . . I have just come into a complete Delphox line and would like some help sorting something out with that, also, that's supposed to be 3 Ultra Balls somehow I understand why it was censored.  I'd love to see the Delphox Emboar Camerupt deck list since I imagine it is much more consistent and wholly different to play with the Mystical Fire ability. 

I will try to make a deck with the big attackers who don't discard and blacksmith, like M charizard EX and Reshiram EX, Protection Cubes and 3-2-3 Delphox, 4 DCE trying to keep with the OHKO anything in the game theme, I'm sure Mewtwo EX or Yveltal EX and any Water deck escpecially Siesmitoad will result in auto-loss but whatever.

Edited by fr33land

Well yeah you are right about different combinations of Emboar's ability and big attackers. But Why Camerupt EX was chosen because, it was a fast and consistent attacker. You will actually waste your turn, evolving M Charizard though it doesn't discard any energy and hence is better. It also has a low retreat cost. So it is much better. But while other pokemon are not quite enough to OHKO so fast as Camerupt EX. Basically, I made this deck to tackle the Speed Gym of TCL (Trading Card League) but due to inconsistency and low on camerupt EX, I wasn't able to complete the deck. I had borrowed some cards from my friend and then had to return, so now I will try and make once more.

Thanks for the post and I hope you will be there to support this topic in future. Its my dream forum to help other players, so I want all experienced players to help the community :)

Ok, I'm not an expert and started playing 3 months ago but I faced one deck and I liked and I think isn't still here (I didn't see it in the 1st page list). That is... Batcow ! (Not from Gotham but yes, Miltank also wears a hood/mask!)

So here's my first list:

Batcow (by: Chasista)

Pokémon: 15

3x Miltank (FLF)

4x Zubat (PhF) (You can choose any from the PLS too or mix two or the three but I think the PhF suits better in the deck idea)

4x Golbat (PhF) [sneaky bite]

3 x Crobat (PhF) [surprise bite]

1 x Crobat (PLS/BW BSPromos) [Night sight]

Trainers: 37

4x VS Seeker (-1?)

3x Rare Candy

1x Sacred Ash

1x Startling Megaphone

3x Super Scoop Up

2x Ultraball

2x A.Z. (+1?)

2x Colress

1x Lys****e Trump Card

3x Tierno/Cheren (?)

1x Pokémon Fan club

2x Lysandre

2x N

2x Juniper/Sycamore

2x Muscle Band

2x Silver Bangle

1x Scoop Up Cyclone [Ace Spec]

-

2x Dimension Valley

1x Virbank City Gym (?)

Energies: 8

5x Psy energies

2x DCE

Let's explain a little bit.

Main idea: Evolve the bats and retrieve it to your hand as many times as you can for spreading damage everywhere and KO with Miltank.

Miltank is the main attacker. Basic. Good HP. With Muscle Band (or S. Bangle) and a Stage2 on the bench and for 1 energy can 2HKO most of the EX or even 1HKO if you built 2 lines in the turn and put all the damage on the same pokémon (stage 1 =20, stage 2= 30; it means two stage1+one stage2 = 70 + Miltank hit for 100 or 110 = 170/180 damage in one turn... EX OUT).

Zubat: Your Basic

Golbat: When evolves from your hand put 2 damage counters on an opponent Pokémon.

Crobat (PhF) When evolves from your hand put 3 damage counters on an opponent Pokémon

Crobat (PLS) [Night Sight] Once during your turn (before your attack), you may draw a card. Also the fix Stage 2 for Miltank. And finisher, hits 40 (muscle band 60) + Poison 40, resist an attack with its 130HP and adds 40 poison more to the opponent = 120/140 probably and attack again 40+40... scares!

Trainers:

Scoop Up Cyclone [Ace Spec]/ Super Scoop Up/ A.Z.: Makes your bats go to hand for evolve again. I chose this Ace Spec because it's perfect for this deck but also, I only own 3 Ace Specs and Comp. Search it's not in my "binder". You can choose another if seems better to you.

Rare Candy: For if Golbat still sleeping in the cave.

Pokémon Fan Club: For if Zubat and/or Miltank needed, but no more than one in the deck.

Ultraball: I don't like but sometimes is useful. Searching the bat/cow you need.

Tierno/Cheren: Draw 3, see if a bat makes your day :D

Sacred Ash: Makes your KO/Discarded Pokémon come back. Prepare for Batcow Returns! You probably will draw it soon.

Staple: Vs Seeker, Colress, N, Juniper/Sycamore, Lysandre (a MUST for me and very useful to hit the more bat-damaged Pokémon to KO).

Muscle Band/Silver Bangle: Helps KO faster.

Startling Megaphone/Lysandre Trump Card: you never know if you'll need. Just one of each.

Stadiums: 3 to equal and/or counter most of the decks. Dimension Valley allows you attack with the bats without energy and the PLS Crobat needs only 2 (IDK if can be DCE). The Virbank Gym for if at the end you need to reinforce Crobat Poison (40+30 I think).

The trainers with a (?) I'm not sure are needed or the number could change. And could quit something and add another A.Z.(probably one VS Seeker or some or all the Tierno/Cheren) but It works quite good right now.

Of course you can play Shauna/Prof Birch Obs if you prefer.

The energies are enough, probably could run with less but, they are hard to get sometimes. Could add one more Psy but 5 and 2 seems OK to me. Bats run without energy if Dimension valley. Every Pokémon runs with a single energy and the DCE helps if you have to set up Miltank without a Stage2 and for the PLS Crobat if needed.

Possible changes:

I see Jirachi EX in this deck. A good idea (and you can scoop it and play it again) but I don't have the card. If you own it just quit any trainer.

PLS Crobat it's a little difficult to bench (obviously you choose before the PhF to damage if the battle is going hard). Any tip? Search this first?

Also I saw Acrobike in the deck I faced but I don't think it's good. On the other hand would be a good idea to add a pair of Teammates but... where?

I see this deck working with Hypnolaser, but needs big changes in the list (and also I only own one laser).

Also I've seen a list based in the lasers with a Switch (which I don't see here but could run one just in case); Energy Retrieval which could work (max 2) and Robo Substitutes.

Easy to play and funny.

I accept tips, suggestions, and changes but with my present collection, this is my list for now.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 4

Wow... actually thats a perfect deck for new players and it seems very competitive. Only 1 suggestion.

As you mentioned,

Even I think,

My changes would be -

-1 VS Seeker

+1 AZ

-1 Muscle Bond

-1 Silver Bangle

+2 Hypnotix Laser

-1 Cheren\Teirno

+1 Skyla

Another thing, if you wanna replace the cheren or teirno with Professor Birch\Shunan, it will be great.

These changes are because, what if you don't get that poison crobat and have a classic virbank set up, it will be helpful for adding that 30 damage. And skyla would be important incase you need a rare candy or maybe a item card like hypnotix laser or a stadium or maybe the Ace Spec card - scoop up cyclone.

Overall this is a really cheap, and competitive deck great for new players :)

Thanks, will hope for support like this in future as well :)

I dont know if I should post 2 Decks,but take another.

This is my Swampert/Primal Kyogre Deck.I dont know if Ill call it "Best",but it has done pretty good.I have 141 wins out of 200 Matches(almost 20-30 matches I lost because of Disconnection or game becoming unplayable) with this,so pretty good I guess.Now ill just give the decklist and explain:

Pokemon:(14)

3-1-3 Swampert AT

2-2 Primal Kyogre EX

2 Suicuine

2 Keldeo EX

Onto Trainers,

Trainers:(34)

3 Dive Balls

2 Enhanced Hammers

2 Prof.Letter

1 Energy Retrieval

3 Rare Candy

1 Startling Megaphone

1 Switch

2 VS Seeker

1 Scramble Switch Ace Spec

2 Colress

2 Lysandre

1 Poke Centre Lady

2 Prof.Juniper

2 Prof. Brch

2 Skyla

2 Rough Seas

1 Float Stone

2 Muscle Band

2 Kyogre Spirit Link

Energies:(12)

10 Water Energies

2 DCE

So I was gonna Explain use of al cards,but I just mistakenly closed my Browser and most my explainations ************** ill just explain how this deck works,not by describing the use of each card(Which I did),

The main attacker of this deck is Swampert,its a great *********** has a good attack,accompanied with a good ability.Growth can help it to set up in 2 turns(or even 1)and do a hefty amount of damage.Primal Kyogre EX might be called the 2nd attacker,its a pretty good card.Though it takes time to set up.Suicune is for....Safeguard(you know it).And Keldeo is mainly for Rush In-retreat,but its a good attacker too.

I would have wrote more(A LOT more),but I just didnt want to write the same things twice.

Feel free to ask any questions or any suggestions :) Thanks for reading.

Next deck that I aim to finalize. I want some suggestions and improvements for this deck. Please help guys :) !

One suggestion for this deck would be -

Why not replace the swampert AT line with Blastoise (Deluge) Line. That would be much better.

Changes -->

-3 mudkip

-1 Marshtomp (not sure :D )

-3 Swampert

-2 Enhanced Hammers

-1 Pokemon Center Lady

+3 Squirtle (Shell ability)

+1 Wartortle

+3 Blastoise (Deluge)

+1 Dive Ball

+1 Float Stone

+1 Water Energy

Changing the deck a little but and making Primal Kyogre the main attacker.

These are all the changes that I feel for the above deck.

Suggestions please on the above deck :) !!

Edited by harshu

I think you forgot to paste something in the quote "As you mentioned... ?"

Well, not sure.

Wow... actually thats a perfect deck for new players and it seems very competitive. Only 1 suggestion.

As you mentioned,

Even I think,

My changes would be -

-1 VS Seeker

+1 AZ

-1 Muscle Bond

-1 Silver Bangle

+2 Hypnotix Laser

-1 Cheren\Teirno

+1 Skyla

Another thing, if you wanna replace the cheren or teirno with Professor Birch\Shunan, it will be great.

These changes are because, what if you don't get that poison crobat and have a classic virbank set up, it will be helpful for adding that 30 damage. And skyla would be important incase you need a rare candy or maybe a item card like hypnotix laser or a stadium or maybe the Ace Spec card - scoop up cyclone.

Overall this is a really cheap, and competitive deck great for new players :)

Thanks, will hope for support like this in future as well :)

IDK why so many space in the middle when I publish. I edited twice but... there is. Sorry

Batcow it's not a Tier 1 deck, but runs quite well. I won a Seismitoad EX yesterday and other beat me so fast. The win were hard (more than hard EPIC) but I did it. Probably weren't the Seismi tier 1 but were quite annoying. That's why I was thinking +1 AZ and -1 Vs Seeker.

Also I replaced -1 Tierno/Cheren with +1 Juniper, but still not convinced. At the end you have 2 Juniper+1 N+ 1 Lysandre + 1 Tierno+ 1 Colress in the hand and only can use one of them. Of course you are not going to discard all this stuff if not absolutely necessary and if you still can use N/Colress.

I'll take a look of this Shauna/P. Birds Ob. But Cheren/Tierno still very useful because sometimes you don't want to loose from the hand the unevolved bats or any other card and it's a little bit more the same, lots of Supporters and you can only play one. Anyway this two could fit but not quitting all the Tierno imo. Maybe -1 Colress and some other.

Maybe add a pair of Prof Letter because of the energies. Sometimes they don't appear until turn 4 and you've to scoop once and again until the Cow arrives. Luckily you were damaging with the evolutions or attacking with the bats if Dimension Valley and make a first KO with Miltank. You can resist quite well and you have free retreats from most of the bats.

Maybe can remove 1 S. Bangle but I find 2 M. Band are absolutely needed. you will face Startling megaphones for sure so 2 of each seemed good to me. I know it's space for the lasers but what if you face Seismi or Virgen? You could attach the Band before but Laser is useless anymore :( On the other hand would be very good have it against Pyroar/Suicune/Sigilyph even though you can damage evolving or can Lysandre it.

And of course Skyla... again, I don't own any Skyla. 3 months playing and nobody trade it with me LOL. Another Supporter which is the same "problem", use only one a turn. But yes, I see a pair of Skyla in here.

Still didn't have place for Teammates but neither had time to think about it LOL.

I was thinking that all this bats still could work well with Dusclops/Meowstic (FLF) but it's a different deck, and probably quite more complicated. But if someone want to try...

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 2

Next deck that I aim to finalize. I want some suggestions and improvements for this deck. Please help guys :) !

One suggestion for this deck would be -

Why not replace the swampert AT line with Blastoise (Deluge) Line. That would be much better.

Changes -->

-3 mudkip

-1 Marshtomp (not sure :D )

-3 Swampert

-2 Enhanced Hammers

-1 Pokemon Center Lady

+3 Squirtle (Shell ability)

+1 Wartortle

+3 Blastoise (Deluge)

+1 Dive Ball

+1 Float Stone

+1 Water Energy

Changing the deck a little but and making Primal Kyogre the main attacker.

These are all the changes that I feel for the above deck.

Suggestions please on the above deck :) !!

"The main attacker of this deck is Swampert,its a great as it has a good attack,accompanied with a good ability.Growth can help it to set up in 2 turns(or even 1)and do a hefty amount of damage.Primal Kyogre EX might be called the 2nd attacker,its a pretty good card.Though it takes time to set up.Suicune is for....Safeguard(you know it).And Keldeo is mainly for Rush In-retreat,but its a good attacker too."

Ok dude.....This was supposed to be a SWAMPERT ANCIENT TRAIT DECK.I never mentioned Primal Kyogre was the main attacker.

And you said,"Changed a little bit". Changing the whole deck idea and replacing with another isnt a little bit.I made this deck concentrated on Swampert,not Kyogre.Kyogre is just a backup plan,as swampert is easily KOed by Mewtwo/Yveltal.

And the Special energy exploitation is crazy now,DDE is coming,so 2 enhanced hammers are important.

I kept the PokeCenter Lady as it comes in handy several times.Though rough seas covers healing,it helps.I usually discard the Center Lady,and then use VS Seeker.Though excluding it isnt a big problem.

Im just saying,you can make minor adjustments,not changing the main attacker with another,chaing the main evo-line with another. IF you want to make a deck centered on Primal Kyogre,make another.I dont see any obvious reasons to change a "Swampert Ancient Trait" Deck to a "Primal Kyogre-EX" Deck.

Edited by latis93

I've also seen the Swampert/Primal Kyogre Deck changes as another different deck.

Harshu, maybe you could try The Kyogre's and include the list here work forward as the water ones are hitting hard recently

• Upvote 2

I would leave another deck. It's not the best (very far away) but has its reason to exist.

It's an EXPANDED, BEGINNER and FREE deck built from the: Mental Might, Ralling Cry, BW Red, Green and Blue BASIC beginner and for free in the game sets.

Credits of this deck go to Cymantex (http://forums.pokemontcg.com/user/221524-cymantex/)

And the list is as follows:

BEGINNER'S FREE DECK

Pokémon (15):

4x Kangaskhan PB

2x Bouffalant

2x Miltank

3x Ralts

2x Kirlia

2x Gallade

Trainers (32):

2x Energy Switch

2x Escape Rope

1x Evosoda

1x Level ball

2x Random Receiver

2x Roller Skates

3x Switch

1x Tool Scrapper

2x Ultra Ball

2x Bianca

3x Cheren

2x Colress

2x N

2x Juniper

2x Aspertia City Gym

2x Exp. Share

1x Hard Charm

Energy (13):

4x Double Colorless Energy

9x Psychic

Maximizing on Supporters and Trainers in particular helps improve the decks efficiency a ton.

The basic strategy of this deck is that you want to conserve energy by using cards such as EXP. Share, Energy Switch, Aspertia City Gym/Hard Charm, Escape Rope and Switch while you slowly evolve into Gallade.

Early game Kangaskhan is going to be your best friend while Bouffalant is usually going to be next on the list of attackers. Late game Miltank and Gallade will hopefully do a ton of work, especially since you have had a long time to build up energy.

It should be said that this deck is not very competitive but it's a major improvement of the theme decks it's made out of.

I don't think there would be a lot of improvement with the limited amount of cards available to choose from. Of course it's easy to improve and directly, don't build this deck if your collection is big. But if you started 2 weeks ago, THAT'S YOUR DECK FOR SURE!

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 2

I think you forgot to paste something in the quote "As you mentioned... ?"

Well, not sure.

IDK why so many space in the middle when I publish. I edited twice but... there is. Sorry

Batcow it's not a Tier 1 deck, but runs quite well. I won a Seismitoad EX yesterday and other beat me so fast. The win were hard (more than hard EPIC) but I did it. Probably weren't the Seismi tier 1 but were quite annoying. That's why I was thinking +1 AZ and -1 Vs Seeker.

Also I replaced -1 Tierno/Cheren with +1 Juniper, but still not convinced. At the end you have 2 Juniper+1 N+ 1 Lysandre + 1 Tierno+ 1 Colress in the hand and only can use one of them. Of course you are not going to discard all this stuff if not absolutely necessary and if you still can use N/Colress.

I'll take a look of this Shauna/P. Birds Ob. But Cheren/Tierno still very useful because sometimes you don't want to loose from the hand the unevolved bats or any other card and it's a little bit more the same, lots of Supporters and you can only play one. Anyway this two could fit but not quitting all the Tierno imo. Maybe -1 Colress and some other.

Maybe add a pair of Prof Letter because of the energies. Sometimes they don't appear until turn 4 and you've to scoop once and again until the Cow arrives. Luckily you were damaging with the evolutions or attacking with the bats if Dimension Valley and make a first KO with Miltank. You can resist quite well and you have free retreats from most of the bats.

Maybe can remove 1 S. Bangle but I find 2 M. Band are absolutely needed. you will face Startling megaphones for sure so 2 of each seemed good to me. I know it's space for the lasers but what if you face Seismi or Virgen? You could attach the Band before but Laser is useless anymore :( On the other hand would be very good have it against Pyroar/Suicune/Sigilyph even though you can damage evolving or can Lysandre it.

And of course Skyla... again, I don't own any Skyla. 3 months playing and nobody trade it with me LOL. Another Supporter which is the same "problem", use only one a turn. But yes, I see a pair of Skyla in here.

Still didn't have place for Teammates but neither had time to think about it LOL.

I was thinking that all this bats still could work well with Dusclops/Meowstic (FLF) but it's a different deck, and probably quite more complicated. But if someone want to try...

Well if you don't have skylam then you must get it. Another thing, I do understand getting 2 Muscle Bonds, so I guess you should keep them. Well another thing, if you are to face a Virgen and semistoad, i don't feel it would be really easy to beat. Some decks are just prone to other decks, like Virgen is really weak against Fire Decks like CamBoar and Pyroar\Charizard EX CB\Emboar (I heard this idea never heard) :D

So just for those 2 decks, we really don't need to change the cards.

Thanks for the suggestions.

"The main attacker of this deck is Swampert,its a great as it has a good attack,accompanied with a good ability.Growth can help it to set up in 2 turns(or even 1)and do a hefty amount of damage.Primal Kyogre EX might be called the 2nd attacker,its a pretty good card.Though it takes time to set up.Suicune is for....Safeguard(you know it).And Keldeo is mainly for Rush In-retreat,but its a good attacker too."

Ok dude.....This was supposed to be a SWAMPERT ANCIENT TRAIT DECK.I never mentioned Primal Kyogre was the main attacker.

And you said,"Changed a little bit". Changing the whole deck idea and replacing with another isnt a little bit.I made this deck concentrated on Swampert,not Kyogre.Kyogre is just a backup plan,as swampert is easily KOed by Mewtwo/Yveltal.

And the Special energy exploitation is crazy now,DDE is coming,so 2 enhanced hammers are important.

I kept the PokeCenter Lady as it comes in handy several times.Though rough seas covers healing,it helps.I usually discard the Center Lady,and then use VS Seeker.Though excluding it isnt a big problem.

Im just saying,you can make minor adjustments,not changing the main attacker with another,chaing the main evo-line with another. IF you want to make a deck centered on Primal Kyogre,make another.I dont see any obvious reasons to change a "Swampert Ancient Trait" Deck to a "Primal Kyogre-EX" Deck.

Hmm.... So the main idea was to get Swampert. So I guess there is only 1 card to change after the arrival of Roaring skies that is --> Pokemon Center Lady :mellow: So maybe it was a pretty Good Deck layout :P

I've also seen the Swampert/Primal Kyogre Deck changes as another different deck.

Harshu, maybe you could try The Kyogre's and include the list here work forward as the water ones are hitting hard recently

Yeah I understand that.

Thanks Chasista and latis for posting your views. I will wait for some more suggestions or ask some more advice, otherwise if it is Swampert Deck, then it seems pretty good :P

I hope you continue to support this forum in future as well, Thanks :)

Well could you give it another title :P ?

Mmm IDK, not good for the names and Gallade is in but it's not only a Gallade deck as spreads the merit on a lot of them.

PLAYFREE is the name I suggest.

• Upvote 2

Well if you don't have skyla then you must get it. Another thing, I do understand getting 2 Muscle Bonds, so I guess you should keep them. Well another thing, if you are to face a Virgen and semistoad, i don't feel it would be really easy to beat. Some decks are just prone to other decks, like Virgen is really weak against Fire Decks like CamBoar and Pyroar\Charizard EX CB\Emboar (I heard this idea never heard) :D

So just for those 2 decks, we really don't need to change the cards.

Thanks for the suggestions.

At the end, it's my deck so I accept all suggestions and we can publish a common from brainstorming list but, everyone can have its own list, based in mine or not.

I'm making changes step by step and the list still open of course.

That are some of the changes but still not writing a whole list again:

Energies: 2 DCE, 6 Psy

Trainers: +2 Prof. Letter, -1 Colress, -1 Tierno/Cheren (but I have to add +1 again, it's the most used Supporter in the deck), +2 Teammates, -1 S. Bangle, -1 Virbank City Gym.

I would like to have 3 stadiums (Dim Valley or Virbank Gym) but there's no space for right now.

Also I would like to run +1 Startling Megaphone, but the same.

And I could change -1 Super Scoop Up/+1 AZ.

The Prof letters had been a great improvement so maybe I came back to the 5 Psy.

Also you really don't want to discard a lot of times as will ruin you the game and the evolution lines so I could cut 1 Juniper/Sycamore (or 1 Ultraball)

I still see the Jirachi EX in, but later on I thought in leave the whole deck without any EX for forcing 6 prize. Anyway most of the times you have the supporters in the hand and if not, you VS Seeker something, believe it or not the more: Tierno!

Skyla would fit but for the same reason (and the space) still not in.

VirGen/Seismitoad... OK, VirGen it's difficult to beat but, not impossible! If you scoop enough you'll win getting 3 prizes because the opponent need 6.

Seismitoad is more annoying but, it isn't for all the decks?? Limits you a lot so Skyla would be useless, as the Seekers and all the other Items. All you can think to counter (enhanced hammers or whatever) seems also useless but hopefully you still have your supporters and continue evolu-damaging. + Xerosic/Team Flare Grunt...? Maybe.

Also Garbodor from Dragons Exalted neutralizes the bats damage  :(  It's the only I faced 'til now. That's why +1 Megaphone (Tool Scrapper if you want). Exeggutor from P. Freeze it's quite annoying too.

Also Repeat Ball could be useful. Thinking.

We could think in lots of things to counter the most used decks but, it's not space enough to extolling the Batcow's virtues and counter every other deck at the same time.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 2

At the end, it's my deck so I accept all suggestions and we can publish a common from brainstorming list but, everyone can have its own list, based in mine or not.

I'm making changes step by step and the list still open of course.

That are some of the changes but still not writing a whole list again:

Energies: 2 DCE, 6 Psy

Trainers: +2 Prof. Letter, -1 Colress, -1 Tierno/Cheren (but I have to add +1 again, it's the most used Supporter in the deck), +2 Teammates, -1 S. Bangle, -1 Virbank City Gym.

I would like to have 3 stadiums (Dim Valley or Virbank Gym) but there's no space for right now.

Also I would like to run +1 Startling Megaphone, but the same.

And I could change -1 Super Scoop Up/+1 AZ.

The Prof letters had been a great improvement so maybe I came back to the 5 Psy.

Also you really don't want to discard a lot of times as will ruin you the game and the evolution lines so I could cut 1 Juniper/Sycamore (or 1 Ultraball)

I still see the Jirachi EX in, but later on I thought in leave the whole deck without any EX for forcing 6 prize. Anyway most of the times you have the supporters in the hand and if not, you VS Seeker something, believe it or not the more: Tierno!

Skyla would fit but for the same reason (and the space) still not in.

VirGen/Seismitoad... OK, VirGen it's difficult to beat but, not impossible! If you scoop enough you'll win getting 3 prizes because the opponent need 6.

Seismitoad is more annoying but, it isn't for all the decks?? Limits you a lot so Skyla would be useless, as the Seekers and all the other Items. All you can think to counter (enhanced hammers or whatever) seems also useless but hopefully you still have your supporters and continue evolu-damaging. + Xerosic/Team Flare Grunt...? Maybe.

Also Garbodor from Dragons Exalted neutralizes the bats damage  :(  It's the only I faced 'til now. That's why +1 Megaphone (Tool Scrapper if you want). Exeggutor from P. Freeze it's quite annoying too.

Also Repeat Ball could be useful. Thinking.

We could think in lots of things to counter the most used decks but, it's not space enough to extolling the Batcow's virtues and counter every other deck at the same time.

I agree to those changes, but still in doubt about, Cheren\Teirno. I would replace them with colress and Professor Birch\Shuana.

But still overall it was getting deck much consistent.

If you need to find some space, then maybe I will try and help :)

Finalised

Swampert/P Kyogre (Custom Deck)

Pokemon = 15

Mudkip = 3

Marshtomp = 1

Swampert = 3

Suicune (Safegaurd) = 2

Kyogre EX = 2

Primal Kyogre = 2

Keldeo EX = 2

Trainers = 34

Dive Ball = 4

Enhanced Hammers = 2

Professor's Letter = 2

Energy Retreival = 1

Rare Candy = 3

Evosoda = 1

Startling Megaphone = 1

VS Seeker = 2

Scramble Switch [Ace Spec] = 1

Colress = 2

Lysandre = 2

Professor Juniper\Sycamore = 2

Professor Birch = 2

Skyla = 2

Rough Seas = 2

Float Stone = 1

Muscle Band = 2

Kyogre Spirit Link = 2

Energy = 11

Water Energy = 9

Double Colourless Energy = 2

Simple Strategy is to set up Swampert with its [Alpha-growth] and use the attack with 40+(30 times the number of water energy). The second attacker is Primal Kyogre with its massive attack. Keldeo is to switch Pokemon without using any Switch items and it has a good attack to. Suicune is to stop those OP EXs. Other stage cards to evolve and get Swampert. This was the Pokemon part. Swampert is also useful with its Diving Search ability !

Now to the trainers, we have Dive Balls, which acts as a Master Ball for this deck. Enhanced Hammers were used to hit Strong Energy, Double colourless, or toolbox decks with Prism or Rainbow Energy. It was also kept keeping in mind that Double Dragon Energy will become popular after appearance of Roaring Skies. Professor's Letter is just to get Energies at the right time in the match and avoid energy drought. If your pokemon are knocked out and you are in an energy drought, so Energy retrieval will come in handy. Rare candy, is really important to get Swampert fast in play. Evosoda in case you don't have swampert or Marshtomp (in the absence of Rare candy). Startling Megaphone is incase you face a Garbotoxin shut down of abilities. VS Seeker to get the discarded Supporters, mostly used for getting Lysandre. Scramble Switch, is used to switch Pokemon with their Energy. This card is mostly Beneficial when in an intense match, which the next turn could take the game away from you. So just get Energy to Primal Kyogre or Keldeo or Swampert any pokemon which could finish the game or OHKO that turn, will be only possible with Scramble Switch. Colress is used since the deck will be heavily benched and can get a really Good hand after shuffling a bad hand instead of discarding a bad hand which could have some useful cards beneficial ahead in the game. Professor Juniper is very good in getting good hands (nothing more to explain). Professor Birch also gets another hand like colress just without benched Pokemon and depends on Flip of coin. Lysandre is a game changer and hence useful. Skyla is like Staple for any deck getting the required trainer card. Rough seas provides regular healing. Float stone is good with Keldeo EX to perform the function of a switch card. Muscle Bond to hit Great added damage just when you are getting short or 10-20 damage which could be crucial. Kyogre spirit link to evolve and yet not let the turn end and utilising this turn can be crucial.

Water Energy as per the theme of the deck and Double Colourless energy is used to get pokemon set up with just 2 energies, special for Primal Kyogre and Suicune.

Thats all for this deck.

Contribution by - Latis93, Chasista.

Edited by harshu

I agree to those changes, but still in doubt about, Cheren\Teirno. I would replace them with colress and Professor Birch\Shuana.

But still overall it was getting deck much consistent.

If you need to find some space, then maybe I will try and help :)

The BatCow still changing and again but i don't find the perfect fit. OK, doesn't have to be a 1st tier deck. Now it's a 55% wins deck what means  it's more a lucky deck than a good deck.

I don't find how to draw fast and start damaging soon.

I made lots of changes, trying to counter Seismi a little bit but I'm returning to the original idea.

Going to try with still 5Psy+2DCE (7 energies) and 38 Trainers:

2x Vs Seeker

2x Rare Candy

2x Prof letter

1x Sacred Ash

1x Startling Megaphone

3x Super Scoop Up

2x ultraBall

2x AZ

1x Colress

1x Lys Trump Card

1x Tierno (cut a lot of them! maybe cut all)

2x Skyla

2x Lysandre

3x N

2x Juniper

2x Team Flare Grunt

2x Shauna (Prof Birch, IDK what to choose)

2x Muscle Band

1x Silver Bangle

1x ACE SPEC Scoop Up Cyclone

2x Dim Valley

1x Other Stadium (?) (Silent Lab/Vir City Gim)

I added and removed lots of things and returning to lot of N and Juniper added Shauna, Skyla... but everything seems to be necessary, IDK where to quit LOL

• Upvote 1

The BatCow still changing and again but i don't find the perfect fit. OK, doesn't have to be a 1st tier deck. Now it's a 55% wins deck what means  it's more a lucky deck than a good deck.

I don't find how to draw fast and start damaging soon.

I made lots of changes, trying to counter Seismi a little bit but I'm returning to the original idea.

Going to try with still 5Psy+2DCE (7 energies) and 38 Trainers:

2x Vs Seeker

2x Rare Candy

2x Prof letter

1x Sacred Ash

1x Startling Megaphone

3x Super Scoop Up

2x ultraBall

2x AZ

1x Colress

1x Lys Trump Card

1x Tierno (cut a lot of them! maybe cut all)

2x Skyla

2x Lysandre

3x N

2x Juniper

2x Team Flare Grunt

2x Shauna (Prof Birch, IDK what to choose)

2x Muscle Band

1x Silver Bangle

1x ACE SPEC Scoop Up Cyclone

2x Dim Valley

1x Other Stadium (?) (Silent Lab/Vir City Gim)

I added and removed lots of things and returning to lot of N and Juniper added Shauna, Skyla... but everything seems to be necessary, IDK where to quit LOL

I do find the trainer list useful, but still I won't go for 7 energies ! At least keep 10. Others things, lets see what we can do :)