The Best Decks in TCG

shuvo_1

I have 55 decks :P some deck are common ,so not posting them :) I have even round deck too lol

Edited by shuvo_1
  • Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harshu

• pokemasterTz

• fr33land

• Edgeman17

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Best Decks in TCG This Topic is just started for new players to make good decks to start with the cards they have. Or they can just pick good decks already in play. This will encourage people

Okay, then. If we're looking for decks that are relatively accessible to new players, one deck instantly comes to mind:   Night March   Yes, that crazy deck in which a cute little Joltik c

Deck Making Guide for New players Hello Friends, I am making this useful guide for the help of new players, who are creative in decks but yet find their good decks losing. Most of the problem

shuvo_1

New Deck idea of another expanded deck :)

Rayquaza/Eelektrik Deck

Pokémon: 15

• 4 Eelektrik NV
  • 4 Tynamo NV 38
  • 3 Rayquaza EX
  • 1 Raikou EX
  • 1 Keldeo EX
  • 1 Mewtwo ex
  • 1 Zekrom BW

Trainers: 33

• 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Colress
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Tropical Beach

• 4 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Professor’s Letter
  • 1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 12

• 8 Electric
  • 4 Fire

But Some edit maybe needed :) So guys if u have any idea about this deck , post them :)

Edited by shuvo_1
shuvo_1

Miltank/ Butterfree Deck

Pokémon: 17

• 4 Caterpie FLF (Adaptive Evolution)
  • 4 Metapod FLF (Adaptive Evolution)
  • 4 Butterfree FLF
  • 4 Miltank
  • 1 Mr. Mime PLF

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33

• 4 N
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 2 Shauna
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 2 Great Ball
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Dowsing Machine ACE SPEC
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Aspertia City Gym

Energy: 10

• 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 7 Grass Energy

This Deck Can deal 100 Damage Just in its first turn :) So, you call it Speed Deck too :)

Hope this deck works :)

Shuvo_1

Edited by shuvo_1

Here is a new expanded deck. But very good energy is a big problem of this deck

Ho-oh EX deck

Well thanks Shuvo for the Decks. The First suggestion for the ho-oh deck will be, remove bouffalant and suicune and get a Sigilyph. Since latias needs fire and psychic. Also you could play a vicini EX and use its turbo energise for ho-oh. Also add a huntail as the main attacker beside, mewtwo and ho-oh. Hope it helps :) Also please include some battle compressors to discard ho-oh and use its rebirth ability. So add 4 battle compressors and some professor letters with that you don't need energy search. Energy switch I don't think has any use so better remove it. Also instead of Silver bangles use muscle bonds. Also change the energies accordingly .

Rayquaza/Eelektrik Deck

But Some edit maybe needed So guys if u have any idea about this deck , post them

Miltank/ Butterfree Deck

This Deck Can deal 100 Damage Just in its first turn So, you call it Speed Deck too Hope this deck works

Shuvo_1

Thanks for these decks too. :)

Harshu You can add them to the deck list If you want :)

And I have added them :) into the list. Thanks for posting :)

Edited by harshu

Finalised

Virgen Deck

Pokemon = 12

Genesect EX = 3

Virizon EX = 3

Mewtwo EX = 1

Deoxys EX = 1

Pikachu XY = 2

Raichu XY = 2

Trainers = 33

Colress = 2

Professor Juniper\Sycamore = 3

Lysandre = 1

Fan Club = 1

N = 1

Skyla = 3

Pokemon Center Lady = 1

Shadow Triad = 1

Skyarrow Bridge = 2

G Booster = 1

Muscle Bands = 2

Switch = 1

3 Ultra Ball (Its getting censored, don't know why, Please fix it )

Plasma Ball = 1

Crushing Hammer = 1

Enhanced Hammer = 1

Tool Scrapper = 1

Startling Megaphone = 1

Pofessor's Letter = 1

Super Rod = 1

Colress Machine = 2

VS Seeker = 2

Energy = 12

Grass Energy = 8

Plasma Energy = 4

Now to the Strategy -

Well the strategy is simple.

Virizon EX is used to defend you from special conditions like poison with Vedant Wind Ability and doing 50 damage and setting up Genesect EX.

Genesect is the main attacker, with an inbuilt lysandre's effect called - Plasma signal. Also it can do a great damage to any pokemon even with abilities like Safegaurd and pyroar's intimidating Mane with its G Booster which can hit 200, mostly OHKOing any pokemon.

Deoxys is used to raise +10 in the damage helping to OHKO - pokemon like - Mega Manectric EX and Mega Gardevoir having 210 as HP.

Pikachu is used to evolve in Raichu which can deal with safegaurds and pyroar's intimidating Mane if Genesect is not set up. It will also help against Yveltal EX - one of the top tier Pokemon.

Mewtwo EX is incase There is a Mewtwo EX war. Also incase there is an unexpected case where you can't handle the siuation with Genesect EX.

Towards the trainers -

Colress is used to get a good hand after getting up your bench which does fill up quickly.

Professor Juniper\Sycamore is used incase no bench and get a good hand.

Lysandre is used in case you are out of Colress machine and plasma energies :( .

Fan Club is basically to get the required pokemon at the right time.

N is to stop the opponent getting prize advantage disrupting his hand.

Skyla is basically to get G Booster.

Muscle Bands for Virizon to hit more while setting up genesect. Also, It helps Mewtwo EX getting the Evil Ball of Yveltal EX getting good attacks.

Pokemon Center Lady is to heal up damage.

Shadow Triad is incase your opponent discards you G Booster :o .

Switch is to get up with good strategies against opponent damgaing your active pokemon without losing the crucial energies.

Sky arrow brige is to give a lower and free retreat. :)

Ultra Ball is to get some pokemon like Raichu and other pokemon incase you don't have a Fan Club.

Plasma Ball is to get Deoxys EX or Genesect EX.

Crushing Hammer and Enhanced hammer is to disrupt the opponent's play.

Tool Scrapper is to get out with the Jamming Net or Head ringer.

Startling Megaphone to discard important tools of opponent.

Professor's Letter incase you are in an energy drought.

Super Rod to get your energies back from discard piles.

Colress Machine to get Genesect a plasma energy and enable its Plasma signal.

VS Seeker to get you important supporters on the right time from discard piles.

Energies -

Grass Energy to attack.

Plasma Energy to activate, Genesect EX's plasma signal ability.

Thanks to all -

Original Layout by - Latis93

Improvements and comments - by Felidae_ and Sharking319 and me :D

Edited by harshu

Interesting decklist, Deathsharky. I was just thinking of posting my own Donphan list, so thanks for taking care of some of the explanations. Here's what my list looks like anyway:

Pokémon (14)

4 Phanpy

4 Donphan

2 Hawlucha

1 Wobbuffet (Bide Barricade)

1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

1 Zekrom (Outrage)

1 Kyurem (Outrage)

Items/Stadiums (20)

4 Robo Substitute

3 Fighting Stadium

3 Muscle Band

3 Float Stone

2 VS Seeker

2 Ultra Ball

1 Computer Search

1 Escape Rope

1 Enhanced Hammer

Supporters (14)

4 N

3 Professor Juniper

3 Korrina

2 Lysandre

1 Colress

1 Teammates

Energy (12)

4 Strong Energy

3 Double Colorless Energy

5 Fighting Energy

So yeah, I'll just go over the cards in this list that the above list doesn't have.

First off, aside from Donphan and Hawlucha, my Pokémon are more dedicated toward disrupting the opponent, using Float Stone to retreat to Donphan at will. This approach is mainly so I don't have to rely solely on Robo Subs after every Spinning Turn.

Wobbuffet: Bide Barricade denies my opponent's Abilities, which can be great for ruining decks like Aromatisse. (Sadly, it doesn't work against bats.)

Sigilyph: Safeguard, as we all know, is great for stopping EXs in their tracks. I chose Sigilyph because it has 1 less Retreat Cost than Suicune, in case I don't have access to a Float Stone.

Outrage 'mons: These are good for taking sizable hits with their 130 HP, then hitting back hard with a DCE. They're also good for picking on certain weaknesses: Zekrom hammers Lightning-weak opponents like Yveltal-EX (which otherwise annoys Donphan with its Fighting resistence), and Kyurem smashes Water-weak 'mons like Landorus-EX.

My Trainers are also a bit more focused on disruption, as well as consistency. (Though I'm wondering why I don't run Silver Bangle like Deathsharky does.)

Float Stone: I believe I already went over this one.

Escape Rope: This is mainly for forcing out a suboptimal active 'mon on either side; synergizes pretty nicely with Korrina.

Enhanced Hammer: A well-placed hammer can slow down opponents who rely on their Special Energy. Again, good with Korrina.

Ultra Ball: Korrina can't really get out my disruption 'mons by herself (since they're not Fighting-type), so Ultra Ball is pretty necessary there.

Computer Search: Mainly for consistency, though I can see the merit of Deathsharky's Gold Potion. Scramble Switch could also be fun.

Teammates: I'm very surprised to not see this in Deathsharky's list; in fact, I'm actually considering running one more of these (or another VS Seeker). A Robo Sub KO happens to count as a Pokémon KO, so you can easily search out whatever you want while denying Prizes at the same time! XD

So that's my input on this.

Well I need to finalise this deck - Donphan. The original layout was by deathsharky. So I will need some improvements for this before finalising.

The first one is just like as you stated @ sharking - you should use Silver Bangles.

Another Question should I add an E X like Lucario as in deathsharky's deck

I am quoting it below.

HIT & RUN (Donphan)

In my opinion, fighting deck is one of the inexpensive and strong decks out there considering the amount of EX- pokemon around. Here's my list of cards for this deck:

Pokémon (12)

2 Landorus

4 Phanphy

3 Donphan

2 Hawlucha

1 Lucario-EX

Items/Stadiums (22)

4 Robo Substitute

2 Switch

2 Professor's Letter

2 Silver Bangle

4 VS Seeker

2 Bicycle

3 Fighting Stadium

2 Muscle Band

1 Gold Potion

Supporters (14)

3 Professor Juniper

2 N

2 Lysandre

2 Colress

1 Xerosic

4 Korrina

Energy (12)

2 Double Colorless Energy

6 Fighting Energy

4 Strong Energy

Deck Overview

Overall, this is a deck targeted against EXs which are common in decks everywhere. The point of this deck is to use donphan's spinning turn to hit and switch to robo substitute to escape from any damage done to your pokemon in the opponent's turn.

The start-up for this deck is relatively easy and fast using Korrina to get a fighting pokemon and an item trainer card. This can effectively mean that the ability to draw on phanphy and donphan is increased. Furthermore, the extra item card will also allow you many possibilities:

- short of energy: professor's letter

- want more damage done to opponent's ex or normal pokemon: muscle band or silver bangle

- get vs seeker to retrieve Korrina or any other supporter in discard pile

- status affected pokemon unable to attack: switch

- Not enough hand cards: Bicycle

- Need healing: Gold potion

- and even robo substitute for donphan's attack.

Donphan's spinning turn allows you to deal 40 damage and switch with one of your bench. This coupled with a muscle band or a silver bangle can already guarantee a 1HKO against many basic pokemon or at least half or most of the maximum HP for EX pokemon. In addition, Donphan's second attack can allow you to 1HKO against many EX pokemon with 170 or 180HP. This however needs preparation as 2 fighting and 2 colourless energy needs to be attached to donphan. Donphan needs to have a stadium card discarded which will deal 140 damage coupled with strong energy and muscle band/silver bangle will destroy any EXs standing the way.

Next, Hawlucha also serve as a pivotal attacker with an energy dealing 60 damage to EX regardless of weakness or resistance. This allows easy and destructive damage to your opponents's EX and with help from muscle band, silver bangle, fighting stadium, and strong energy, the maximum amount of damage can be up to 130. However, the most important aspect of Hawlucha is the free retreat cost as it provides the liberty of thinking for your next move when your active pokemon/robo subst is KOed by the opponent.

Lastly, landorus serve as a energy recycle agent where it allows one fighting energy from the discard pile to be attached to 1 of your bench pokemon. As this deck only have fighting energy, it may be important in the late game when you have little energy in play. Lucario-EX also can be important in fighting decks like seismitoad-ex as it can help you draw cards and deal high damage.

However, this deck may not be effective against the fairy decks that are currently rising in popularity as Gardevoir-EX and its mega evolution are able to heal the damage done to them using max potion. As for Virgen and seismitoad decks, in my experience, this deck is able to win against these decks but may require a good start and hand. In the recent tournament, I have won mainly first or second place using this deck but i'm still open for suggestion. Hope this helps.

Please select the better layout and suggest improvements. Need to finalise this deck and Virgen deck has been finalised as above. :)

Edited by harshu
awesome_guy

• I personally think this deck is a great layout, but could use max potions instead of gold potion.. I mean true you have an ace spec to use left.. but I think it's far more useful as you can heal more considering most of this deck runs on one energy each.. maybe sub in a max for a gold potion and maybe one for a bangle.. true that ten damage diff will be missed vs an ex (compared to muscle band), but it'll give your donphans that extra staying power and seeing as you have an ace-spec left,

• i'd suggest a dowsing.. to replace a seeker.. since it gives more variable pick up options.. it can help you get that supporter along with a stadium in case of stadium wars or even to get that bangle/ band back to make you effectively be running 2 bangles anyways (even after removing one for the max potion)

• thanks for reading and hope It helps :)

Edited by awesome_guy
awesome_guy, on 11 Mar 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:
  • I personally think this deck is a great layout, but could use max potions instead of gold potion.. I mean true you have an ace spec to use left.. but I think it's far more useful as you can heal more considering most of this deck runs on one energy each.. maybe sub in a max for a gold potion and maybe one for a bangle.. true that ten damage diff will be missed vs an ex (compared to muscle band), but it'll give your donphans that extra staying power and seeing as you have an ace-spec left,

• i'd suggest a dowsing.. to replace a seeker.. since it gives more variable pick up options.. it can help you get that supporter along with a stadium in case of stadium wars or even to get that bangle/ band back to make you effectively be running 2 bangles anyways (even after removing one for the max potion)

• thanks for reading and hope It helps :)

Well personally I think, gold potion is better. But you are right as well. Also you could have mentioned that you are talking about DeathSharky's layout :P But Thanks for the suggestions :)

Edited by harshu
Felidae_

@DOnphan:

As the basic shell I'd use Sharkkings list, as it has already been stated that neither Landorus nor any form of EX are particular useful in the archetyp.

PKM:

- 1 Zekrom

- 1 Wobbuffet

-1 Sigilyth

+1 Dendenne

On the surface the idea of using Spinning Turn into a body block card like Wobbuffet or any Safeguard Pokemon seems nice and you can create many scenarios where this is a fine player, however, at least in my opinion, you don't really need those cards.

Our biggest concern should be one thing and one thing only: being able to attack each turn for the most amount of damage with our Donphan, thus denying our opponent from stabilizing. The problem in running those safeguard / Barricade Pokemon is that we either have to spend a float stone, an Energy card or a Trainer card to utilize Donphan again on the following turn.

Since Startling Megaphone has seen a rise in popularity lately we can never be sure if those Float Stones stick and the other options to reatreat them are to situational, especially since every deck can nowadays deal with those abilitys anyway, Silent Lab is just the peak of the iceberg.

We keep a single Dendenne to punish Yveltal Ex, as well as the Kyurem to have an edge in the mirror.

Trainers:

-3 Floatstone ( see above)

- 1 Muscle Band ( 2 are fine against any non-Ex threats )

-1 Enhanced Hammer ( not really needed)

-1 Escape Rope

+ 2 Silver Bangle - given the heavy Ex environment def. a good choice for the deck

+ 1 Ultraball

+ 2 Switch - usually better than the float stone

+ 2 Bicycle - searchable via Korrina, good pseude SUpporter to fill our hand

+1 Prof. Letter - searchable via Korrina, helps to overcome early problems with your Energy

Supporter:

- 1 N - we are usually ahead in prices so he looses his strengh pretty fast

+1 Juniper - best sup in the game, don't go below 4

+1 Korrina - best sup for the archetyp, dont go below 4

+1 Colress ( or +1 VS Seeker)

Energy:

-2 Fighting Energy

Running only 7 Fighintg Energy ( 3 reg. and 4 Strong), as well as 3 DCE seems like a pretty low number, however we usually don't need more than 1 to power up our attacks, ignoring Wreck for a moment,. thanks to the aid of Korrina and Prof. Letter / Comp. Search you can be sure to hit the early game energy drops and from that point onwards it should be a piece of cake.

THe final list:

Pokemon ( 12)

4 Phanpy

4 Donphan

1 Dendenne

1 Kyurem ( Outrage)

2 Hawlucha

Trainer (38)

2 Bicycle

1 Com. Search

1 Prof. Letter

4 Robo Sub.

2 Switch

3 Ultra Ball

2(3) VS Seeker

2(1) Colress

4 Korrina

2 Lysandre

3 N

4 Prof. Juniper

1 Teammates

3 Fighting Stadium

2 Muscle Band

2 Silver Bangle

Energy (10)

4 Strong Energy

3 Fighting Energy

3 DCE

So far I have made pretty good results with the list online ( 104 -16, countless tournament wins, etc.).

Edited by Felidae_

@DOnphan:

As the basic shell I'd use Sharkkings list, as it has already been stated that neither Landorus nor any form of EX are particular useful in the archetyp.

PKM:

- 1 Zekrom

- 1 Wobbuffet

-1 Sigilyth

+1 Dendenne

On the surface the idea of using Spinning Turn into a body block card like Wobbuffet or any Safeguard Pokemon seems nice and you can create many scenarios where this is a fine player, however, at least in my opinion, you don't really need those cards.

Our biggest concern should be one thing and one thing only: being able to attack each turn for the most amount of damage with our Donphan, thus denying our opponent from stabilizing. The problem in running those safeguard / Barricade Pokemon is that we either have to spend a float stone, an Energy card or a Trainer card to utilize Donphan again on the following turn.

Since Startling Megaphone has seen a rise in popularity lately we can never be sure if those Float Stones stick and the other options to reatreat them are to situational, especially since every deck can nowadays deal with those abilitys anyway, Silent Lab is just the peak of the iceberg.

We keep a single Dendenne to punish Yveltal Ex, as well as the Kyurem to have an edge in the mirror.

Trainers:

-3 Floatstone ( see above)

- 1 Muscle Band ( 2 are fine against any non-Ex threats )

-1 Enhanced Hammer ( not really needed)

-1 Escape Rope

+ 2 Silver Bangle - given the heavy Ex environment def. a good choice for the deck

+ 1 Ultraball

+ 2 Switch - usually better than the float stone

+ 2 Bicycle - searchable via Korrina, good pseude SUpporter to fill our hand

+1 Prof. Letter - searchable via Korrina, helps to overcome early problems with your Energy

Supporter:

- 1 N - we are usually ahead in prices so he looses his strengh pretty fast

+1 Juniper - best sup in the game, don't go below 4

+1 Korrina - best sup for the archetyp, dont go below 4

+1 Colress ( or +1 VS Seeker)

Energy:

-2 Fighting Energy

Running only 7 Fighintg Energy ( 3 reg. and 4 Strong), as well as 3 DCE seems like a pretty low number, however we usually don't need more than 1 to power up our attacks, ignoring Wreck for a moment,. thanks to the aid of Korrina and Prof. Letter / Comp. Search you can be sure to hit the early game energy drops and from that point onwards it should be a piece of cake.

THe final list:

Pokemon ( 12)

4 Phanpy

4 Donphan

1 Dendenne

1 Kyurem ( Outrage)

2 Hawlucha

Trainer (38)

2 Bicycle

1 Com. Search

1 Prof. Letter

4 Robo Sub.

2 Switch

3 Ultra Ball

2(3) VS Seeker

2(1) Colress

4 Korrina

2 Lysandre

3 N

4 Prof. Juniper

1 Teammates

3 Fighting Stadium

2 Muscle Band

2 Silver Bangle

Energy (10)

4 Strong Energy

3 Fighting Energy

3 DCE

So far I have made pretty good results with the list online ( 104 -16, countless tournament wins, etc.).

Well a good list. Personally, if Kyurem EX also has a better and powerful outrage and better HP. So I think it would be better to keep Kyurem EX. Well I would like to add a pokemon like Sigilyph or some kind of pokemon. So removing it would be a bad move. Hope you understand. Thanks for the improvements though. This forum is going really good for players. I do get good feedbacks from players. So thanks to all players for the Decks and improvements. :)

Edited by harshu
Felidae_

Well a good list. Personally, if Kyurem EX also has a better and powerful outrage and better HP. So I think it would be better to keep Kyurem EX. Well I would like to add a pokemon like Sigilyph or some kind of pokemon. So removing it would be a bad move. Hope you understand. Thanks for the improvements though. This forum is going really good for players. I do get good feedbacks from players. So thanks to all players for the Decks and improvements. :)

You don't want any EX Pokemon in the deck, as you never want to give your opponent an easy acces to two prices.

You are ofc free to post any final list you want, after all neither of us is a wise master who knows everything, that's why we start to discuss different choices in the first place :D.

Though I'd like to know how often you have played the deck yourself.

Edited by Felidae_

You don't want any EX Pokemon in the deck, as you never want to give your opponent an easy acces to two prices.

You are ofc free to post any final list you want, after all neither of us is a wise master who knows everything, that's why we start to discuss different choices in the first place :D.

Though I'd like to know how often you have played the deck yourself.

Well :D I am saying about this only on my experience. Yesterday, I wanted some HGSS bundle pack. I had to gather coins and so I went to PVP. I played 4 Donphans out 6 Matches I played.

Well about the EX thing, I can understand. Also I always make the final list according to the comments and improvements accepted. Not on my wish :P And Now I know why you said for Kyurem EX and will consider in Final list. Thanks.

Edited by harshu

Well since the debate has went high. Overall the better layout was by Sharking. So all the improvements will be done on his layout. I will be posting the final layout.

Edited by harshu

Finalised

Donphan Deck (Hit and Run Deck)

Pokemon = 14

Phanapy = 4
Donphan = 4
Hawlucha = 2
Wobbuffet (Bide Barricade)\Dedenne = 1
Sigilyph(Safegaurd) = 1
Zekrom (Outrage) = 1
Kyurem (Outrage) = 1

Trainers = 34

Fighting Stadium = 3
Robo Substitue = 4
Muscle Bond = 1
Silver Bangle = 2
Float Stones = 2
Switch = 1
Escape Rope = 1
Computer Search = 1
VS Seeker = 3
Colress = 2
Professor Juniper\Sycamore = 4
N = 1
Korrinia = 4
Teammates = 1
Lysandre = 1

Lysandre Trump Card = 1
2 Ultra Ball

Energy = 12

Strong Energy = 4
Double Colourless Energy = 3
Fighting Energy = 5

Well now to Strategy -

Pokemon -

Phanapy is used to evolve to Donphan
Donphan is used as main attacker. Its Spinning Turn makes it possible to 'HIT & RUN' .
Hawlucha is used to hit Pokemon EX cheaply and hardly. It also has a free retreat so generally used while donphan is setting up.
Wobbuffet is used to block the abilities of other pokemon. If you don't use wobbuffet then use Dedenne. Its Energy Short attack can OHKO Pokemon like Yveltal EX (Which are resistive to Donphan attacks.)
Sigilyph is used to not let Pokemon EX attack the robo substitutes or do any damage.
Zekrom and Kyurem are for taking a damage and then hitting it with outrage adding + 20 to it. They are useful while either you are setting up.

The overall strategy is to Hit with Donphan after evolving it from phanapy. And then save it from your opponent's attack. Also we bring robo substitutes since KOing them would give no prize to the opponent and which can be considered as a waste turn. Other pokemon are to give support while donphan is setting up.

Trainers -

Fighting Stadium is for doing 20 more damage to Pokemon EX. Also for OHKOing the opponent's Pokemon EX by using Donphan's wreck attack. It needs a stadium.
Robo Substitutes are for 2 purposes, 1 to stall opponent from taking prizes and make their turn waste. Second is to play teammates.
Teammates is used to search for 2 cards for free after the robo substitutes get knocked out.
Muscle Bond is to hit added damage to Non EX pokemon.
Silver Bangle is to hit added damage to Pokemon EX.
Float Stones to give a free retreat to some pokemon like Sigilyph, so that Donphan can attack.
Switches, in case your Float stone is discarded.
Escape Rope to switch your opponent's pokemon and you switch yours.
Computer Search to search a card which you need.
VS Seeker are to get discarded supporters. Since you are playing less supporters more VS Seekers are good.
Colress are used to get a good hand since the bench fills up pretty quickly.
Professor juniper\Sycamore are used to discard a bad hand at the starting and get a 7 card hand.
N is used in starting so that if you are not set up and the opponent is taking good lead.
Korrinia is good for searching the fighting type pokemon and an item card for free like robo substitute or silver bangle and items like that. Its really needed in this deck.
Lysandre, in case your opponent has a pokemon to disrupt your strategy. Kill it before it sets up.

Lysandre Trump card it to get your deck filled up in case you are low on cards. Or you want to use a card in discard pile with computer search. So after trumping you can do that.

Ultra Balls are used to search non fighting pokemon like Kyurem and sigilyph.

Energy -

Strong Energy is used to get Hawlucha or Donphan get a big damage enabling big attacks on Pokemon EXs.
Double Colourless Energy to use outrage of Kyurem and Zekrom or Wreck of Donphan.
Fighting Energy is used as it is needed in a fighting Deck.

Original Layout by - DeathSharky
Improvemetns and Suggestions by - Awesome_guy, Sharking319, Felidae_ and ME :D

Edited by harshu

Need some Comments and suggestions on the poison deck. And the Donphan deck is finaliesd. If there is any mistake please let me know :)

Edited by harshu
Felidae_

To be honest I'm not very happy with the final Donphan list, as well as the write up.

To start with the later one:

I know that this thread is aimed towards new players and therefore I can approve when you state some facts that might seems rather obvious for veteran players, but can still help new players to improve their gameplay and give them a general guideline on how the decks works.

So far so good, but then I stumble upon sentences like “ Muscle Bond is to hit added damage to Non EX pokemon”, or “Silver Bangle is to hit added damage to Pokemon EX” and so forth.

I'd assume that even a beginner is able to read what is written on the cards, don't you agree ?

When I think about a write up the the archetyp I'd imagine that someone actually tells me how the decks works, what are the key components and so forth, instead of stating every card in the deck and given a really really narrow overview about those cards, which sometimes are vaguely more than the words that tare actually printed on the cards them self.

Now back to the deckslist and something that I noticed on the Virizion deck as well:

As I said in a previous post, no one on this forum is almighty and hence we discuss the pros and cons of different ideas. It's also important to note that those deck lists are a mere template, as people will always tailor towards small changes in order to express their personal play style, tweak for their regional meta and so forth.

However, here is the part where I simply have to cringe.

You have had input on both Donphan and Virizion, that you simply ignored, even though you stated yourself in some cases that you are unfamiliar with the deck yourself.

To be more precise: Why the heck is there a Pokemon Fanclub in the Virizion list? Why does Virizion and Donphan only run 3 Juniper ? Why does Shauna or Birch suddenly pop up in Donphan ? Thats a card that hasn't been mentioned at all in the process of discussing the finalized deck and maybe, just maybe, there was a good reason why that was the case.

I just can't shake of the feeling that at this point it is actually a waste of time, at least for me, to keep posting in this thread, as you'll just make up some random list on your own and claim that as the “finalized” version of an archetyp.

Maybe I am to harsh with you and I'm still standing behind the general concept of this thread, but given the current circumstances, I don't think it will work out.

Sorry for not informing and Sorry that I made mistakes. I completely agree that Players will change the decks a little bit. The Thing of finalising was to make sure that this deck is good as a base. You can play it as it is or change it a bit within the theme or the strategy. So Finalised actually provides a tailoring base. And as for Virizon, Pokemon Fan Club was suggested to me by Latis93 in the PM in game. It wasn't my own. Many times before Finalising I take some advice from my friends. Since after all the changes and reading all your comments carefully. I try to combine the best suggestions and strategies to make the deck really good. Never made a deck of my own. As for Birch and Shuana. I asked if 4 Juniper\Sycamore was really good. My friend Suggested - that sometimes there are situtaions where you are low on your cards and near deck out. I asked my friend that 4 Juniper\Sycamore is good ?

He answered indeed it is good. When I asked him but I have seen people decking out :o So isn't it better to play a Birch - asked this because I really try to minimize the use of Juniper. He suggested that then just remove 1 Juniper atmost and add a Birch or Shuana - since some people think shuana is better for its consistency.

I will never do that - that making a deck of my own. Since then its no use of discussing it here. Another thing as you pointed out about the strategy. I gave a short notice on the strategy on the Donphan deck - edited it.

As Most of the strategy is explained with the use of the cards in the deck.

Another point that you asked was stating the muscle bond - added damage for the non EX pokemon. Right well for extremely new players its good - as you stated it for yourself and what else is there to explain about those cards for the ones who know about the card ? If they know the card, it is obvious to them why is it used. Particularly for those cards - I needed to give no EXPLAINATION. But just gave the effects for the new players.

Another thing, Veteran players actually don't need even the use and strategy - because they can make it out themselves. So they only need a good decklist that they can tailor according to their gameplay. :)

It was wonderful to see how you cared about this forum. And as far as your behaviour - You weren't Harsh at all. After all you pointed some mistakes to improve this thread. Also Even finalised decks can have mistakes. So it was really wonderful that you have always been there - supporting this thread. I appreciate it. And please like this, also state other mistakes if I have commited any, since i am a human being - so I can make mistakes. Thanks for Understanding. If any query ask it without hesitation - I am answerable to you and all others :)

Edited by harshu
awesome_guy

hey harshu.. I was just looking at felidae's comment and I thought his comments on shauna and birch in donphan were right (though I think his reaction was a bit over)

as a result, I request you to change your deck even after the finalizing..

in a donphan deck, you are usually left low on cards at the start of each turn.. (low on energy- which takes the most time, poke get played mostly, items are used for long combos..)

as a result, birch and shauna will have virtually no effect on the time you survive before decking out.. this would mean a decreased draw (5.5 or 5 instead of 7) with almost no good effects..

instead of this.. it may simply be easier to run a trump card.. with a deck running so many seekers, it's bound to be available fairly often for you to use.. plus this has the added advantage of allowing your opponent to have to worry about a replenished set of 4 strong energies (which are usually initially removed by ko/hammer)

suggested changes-

-2 shauna/birch

+1 juni/syca

+1 lysandre's trump card

thanks for reading this :)

suggested changes-

-2 shauna/birch

+1 juni/syca

+1 lysandre's trump card

thanks for reading this :)

Edited it :) Thanks for telling :)

Edited by harshu

Well needed to Finalise this deck next. Since there are 3 poison decks before. Somebody please suggest a really good layout in the 3 of them. I know each poison deck has its own theme. But we need to select a finalised deck - which means the best one.

I dont know if I should post 2 Decks,but take another.

This is my Swampert/Primal Kyogre Deck.I dont know if Ill call it "Best",but it has done pretty good.I have 141 wins out of 200 Matches(almost 20-30 matches I lost because of Disconnection or game becoming unplayable) with this,so pretty good I guess.Now ill just give the decklist and explain:

Pokemon:(14)

3-1-3 Swampert AT

2-2 Primal Kyogre EX

2 Suicuine

2 Keldeo EX

Onto Trainers,

Trainers:(34)

3 Dive Balls

2 Enhanced Hammers

2 Prof.Letter

1 Energy Retrieval

3 Rare Candy

1 Startling Megaphone

1 Switch

2 VS Seeker

1 Scramble Switch Ace Spec

2 Colress

2 Lysandre

1 Poke Centre Lady

2 Prof.Juniper

2 Prof. Brch

2 Skyla

2 Rough Seas

1 Float Stone

2 Muscle Band

2 Kyogre Spirit Link

Energies:(12)

10 Water Energies

2 DCE

So I was gonna Explain use of al cards,but I just mistakenly closed my Browser and most my explainations ************** ill just explain how this deck works,not by describing the use of each card(Which I did),

The main attacker of this deck is Swampert,its a great *********** has a good attack,accompanied with a good ability.Growth can help it to set up in 2 turns(or even 1)and do a hefty amount of damage.Primal Kyogre EX might be called the 2nd attacker,its a pretty good card.Though it takes time to set up.Suicune is for....Safeguard(you know it).And Keldeo is mainly for Rush In-retreat,but its a good attacker too.

I would have wrote more(A LOT more),but I just didnt want to write the same things twice.

Feel free to ask any questions or any suggestions :) Thanks for reading.

So suggest some works on this deck and if you can get a suggestion for the 'POISON DECKS' it will be good. :P

Well thanks :)

cynodondactylon

Mega Beartic Deck

Just want to share this deck I just made. I wasn't able to play a lot with this deck yet but I think it can be fun to play with. It needs some enhancement though and I'm hoping you can help me improve it :)

Pokemon (19)

• 3 Eevee
  • 3 Umbreon (PLF)
  • 2 Vulpix
  • 2 Ninetales (PC)
  • 1 Genesect-EX
  • 4 Cubchoo
  • 4 Beartic (PLS)

Trainer (32)

Item (14)

• 2 Colress Machine
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker

Supporter (11)

• 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 4 N
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 4 Professor Juniper/Professor Sycamore

Stadium (3)

• 3 Training Center

Pokemon Tool (4)

• 2 Hard Charm
  • 2 Jamming Net

Energy (9)

Basic (6)

• 6 Water Energy

Special (3)

• 3 Plasma Energy

The strategy is to accumulate damage to Beartic and use its Powerful Rage attack which costs 1 Water Energy and 1 Colorless Energy. It deals 20 damage times the number of damage counter on it. Beartic has a 130 HP but if we'll include the Training Center (+30 HP) and at least 2 Umbreon (+40 HP), it will have a 200 HP. I included a Ninetales to lock the Training Center Stadium. I've teched in the Genesect-EX specifically for hit and run decks like Donphan.

My choice of Ace Spec card is dowsing machine to enable to reuse used trainers like Colress Machine (in case Beartic has no energy and it has enough damage on it, you can attach a water energy and use the colress machine to attack. The Supporters are mostly for draw support (N and Professor Juniper). The Pokemon Tool included in this deck are Hard charm and Jamming Net to allow Beartic to tank high damage. While Beartic doesn't have enough damage on it to deal a massive damage you can use its second attack Glacier Drop (costs 2 Water Energies and 1 Colorless) to deal 90 damage and to discard a card from your opponent's deck.

Edited by cynodondactylon

Mega Beartic Deck

Just want to share this deck I just made. I wasn't able to play a lot with this deck yet but I think it can be fun to play with. It needs some enhancement though and I'm hoping you can help me improve it :)

Pokemon (19)

• 3 Eevee
  • 3 Umbreon (PLF)
  • 2 Vulpix
  • 2 Ninetales (PC)
  • 1 Genesect-EX
  • 4 Cubchoo
  • 4 Beartic (PLS)

Trainer (32)

Item (14)

• 2 Colress Machine
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker

Supporter (11)

• 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 4 N
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 4 Professor Juniper/Professor Sycamore

Stadium (3)

• 3 Training Center

Pokemon Tool (4)

• 2 Hard Charm
  • 2 Jamming Net

Energy (9)

Basic (6)

• 6 Water Energy

Special (3)

• 3 Plasma Energy

The strategy is to accumulate damage to Beartic and use its Powerful Rage attack which costs 1 Water Energy and 1 Colorless Energy. It deals 20 damage times the number of damage counter on it. Beartic has a 130 HP but if we'll include the Training Center (+30 HP) and at least 2 Umbreon (+40 HP), it will have a 200 HP. I included a Ninetales to lock the Training Center Stadium. I've teched in the Genesect-EX specifically for hit and run decks like Donphan.

My choice of Ace Spec card is dowsing machine to enable to reuse used trainers like Colress Machine (in case Beartic has no energy and it has enough damage on it, you can attach a water energy and use the colress machine to attack. The Supporters are mostly for draw support (N and Professor Juniper). The Pokemon Tool included in this deck are Hard charm and Jamming Net to allow Beartic to tank high damage. While Beartic doesn't have enough damage on it to deal a massive damage you can use its second attack Glacier Drop (costs 2 Water Energies and 1 Colorless) to deal 90 damage and to discard a card from your opponent's deck.

Don't worry about the improvements. I will ba calling many people for discussion, and we will try to improve the deck if it needs any. Adding this deck to the list.

Suggesting some improvements, myself - Its overall a Good Deck ! What I think is remove a Lysandre and add a plamsa Energy. Also remove 1 VS Seeker.

Overall Changes -

-1 : Lysandre

-1 : VS Seeker

+1 Colress Machine

+1 Plasma Energy

This is because, plasma energy attached to genesect EX's Plasma signal would automatically do the work of Lysandre. And a VS Seeker, since you are using a Dowsing Machine as ace Spec.

Another thing, you could also work this out with Kyurem EX's Outrage attack or Zoroark's Brutal Rush (I think, that also does the same attack the same damage. But since this a kind of Plamsa Deck. I won't add zoroark.

trainerforce

How would one go about using the VirGen in standard I ask because that's what I mostly play and you mentioned on my thread to come check this thread out so I did but there was not a standard answer