The Best Decks in TCG

Hey guys!! I've been away for some months and gave all my tradeables before leaving. Now that i'm back i'm left with half my stuff so i had to struggle hard and buy a few cards, but i finally managed to build a good competitive and fun deck, modification after modification...though it's expanded. But already won me some tournaments so i'm glad. Here it goes:

Rush Ball:

11 Pokémon

• 1 Darkrai Ex
  • 3 Yveltal Ex
  • 2 Keldeo Ex
  • 1 Mr. Mime (bench barrier)
  • 2 Inkay AO (ink spit)
  • 2 Malamar AO (trash tentacle)

38 Trainer

• 4 energy switch
  • 4 dark patch
  • 4 hypnotoxic laser
  • 2 bicycle
  • 1 prof letter
  • 1 enhanced hammer
  • 1 escape rope
  • 1 tool scrapper
  • 2 ultra ball
  • 2 random receiver
  • 2 lysnadre
  • 4 N
  • 2 birch
  • 1 juniper
  • 2 virbank
  • 1 float stone
  • 4 muscle band

11 Energy

• 2 dce
  • 9 basic dark

The idea with this deck is to main attack with Yveltal. Mime is there to prevent bench damage, Keldeo to switch the same pokémon twice in the same turn (for instance Rush In and get Yveltal on bench to attach an energy using dark patch, and retreat Keldeo to put Yveltal active again), Darkrai for easy and costless switch (besides keldeo) and to attack (bench damage), and finally Malamar for the same purpose as Junk Hunt Sableye, but being Stage 1 allows it to attack Pyroar (best chance is: 1 laser + 1 bank + 1 trash tentacle + muscle band = 80 damage + 30 when turn switches again = KO 110 damage, assuming opponent didn't retreat pyroar or healed or switched stadium, bla bla bla).

Lasers-bank, hammer and tool scrapper are disruptors, dark patches and energy switches for energy acceleration co-working with ultra ball, muscle band mainly for Drakrai and Malamar and 1 float stone in case you can't afford to attach an energy to Keldeo, N birch juniper and bicycle as drawers, depending on the remaining prizes, an escape rope is always usefull and a 2 dce to power up Yveltal or maybe Keldeo if needed.

I'm still thinking of including 1 or 2 vs seekers... may be useful to discard lysandre with the ultra ball, or to retrieve the only juniper.

This is the concept. The rest is up to luck or wether you make good in-game decisions or not.

Edited by Cuqk
  • Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harshu

• pokemasterTz

• fr33land

• Edgeman17

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Best Decks in TCG This Topic is just started for new players to make good decks to start with the cards they have. Or they can just pick good decks already in play. This will encourage people

Okay, then. If we're looking for decks that are relatively accessible to new players, one deck instantly comes to mind:   Night March   Yes, that crazy deck in which a cute little Joltik c

Deck Making Guide for New players Hello Friends, I am making this useful guide for the help of new players, who are creative in decks but yet find their good decks losing. Most of the problem

Figmentofmyself

I have a steel deck that I have been working on I need a bit of help with the finishing touches.

I am having troubles figuring out the last piece of it as of right now it works amazing I have only lost 1 match of the 10 in Standard. This deck was created to kill Mega Pokémon.  

I have noticed that as soon as they lose their Mega they quit or just stop trying.

Im wanting to know if I should add 2 Beldum’s and 1 Bronzong,and If so what should i replace?

Any ideas would be amazing Thank you guys.

Pokémon

2 Regigigas.

2 Drilbur

1 Excadrill “with the Barrage ability”

2 Beldum

2 Metang

2 Metagross “Magnetic warp ability”

1 Dialga-EX

2 Jirachi

2 Karrablast

2 Escavalier

1 Metagross-EX

1 Mega Metagross-EX

2 Registeel

Trainer

2 Evosoda

2 Great Ball

2 Professor’s letters

2 Lysandre

2 Pokémon center lady

2 Pokémon fan club

2 Steven

1 Teammates

2 Tierno

2 Wally

1 Lucky Helmet

1 Muscle Band

Energy

4 Double Colorless

13 Steel Energy

The idea of this deck is to get my Mega out or 1 of the 4 diffrent Pokemon that can kill or Cripple a mega early.

The want for the Bronzong is because my Regies are going to be a sacrifice early game, meat shield that can still fight back vs a Mega, if possible after the opponent’s Mega hits the active slot move in Jirachi for the Doom desire 1 shot ability. After that to clear the board with the amount of High damage ability’s and control.  “if they don’t quit like so many have.”

I think that being able to move Steel Energy from my discard pile would be amazing and help bring my win condition faster.

Edited by Figmentofmyself

This deck is reccomended to complete your Haunted Challenge

Trevenant/Gengar-EX Decklist

Pokémon(14)
  • Trevenant

XY 55/146

• Phantump

XY 54/146

• Gengar-EX

PhF 34/119

• Shaymin-EX

RoS 106/108

• Jirachi-EX

PlB98/101

Energy Cards (10)
  • Psychic Energy
  • Double Colorless Energy
  • Mystery Energy
Trainer Cards (36)
  • 4 N
  • Professor Juniper
  • Wally
  • Lysandre
  • Colress
  • Ultra Ball
  • VS Seeker
  • Float Stone
  • Muscle Band
  • Trainers' Mail
  • Computer Search
  • 2 Silent Lab
  • Virbank City Gym

The idea of this deck is make your opponent cant play items. Your Gengar-EX will be switched with Dark Corridor Attack. Then place the Float Stone into your Trevenant and you can retreat it for free, this decks just work like Seismitoad Bats Deck but deal more damage.

Card Preview

Trevenant

Make sure your opponent cant play any items with this card on your active Pokemon.

Gengar-EX

This Pokemon help you to deals damage and make your Trevenant as your Active Pokemon.

Shaymin-EX

Help you to set up your hand with his ability

Jirachi-EX

Help you to draw a supporter from your deck to your hand with his ability

Float Stone 

Attach this card to your Trevenant and yo can retreat it for free

Edited by Durabelo

Hey.

Just a little suggestion: If everyone that recommend a deck say their winning ration/number of games with their decks when they publish the decks. That would be super nice..

PurplePhantom

Hey.

Just a little suggestion: If everyone that recommend a deck say their winning ration/number of games with their decks when they publish the decks. That would be super nice..

I don't think many people keep track of that lol

Not to mention a lot of people probably concede half way through if they're starting to lose or have a band hand.

Been playing Archie's Blastoise with 3 Articuno, 1 Lugia EX, 2 Keldeo EX.  It's super fun.  You've got the answer to any deck in those three and your weaknesses are spread out.   Articuno's Ancient Trait is the best, it makes sure against non-EX decks you don't deck out before taking 6 prizes, plus Tri-Edge has a little gambling element to it, making it fun.  Trying to find space for  Victini - Victory Star but I've already got 2 Jirachi, 2 Eggs, 2 Shaymin, too many bad starts already.  Pyroar FLF is bad, since your only option is to send out Blastoise and Parallel City will suck, since benching basics helps run your hand down.

Figmentofmyself, on 27 Oct 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

I have a steel deck that I have been working on I need a bit of help with the finishing touches.

I am having troubles figuring out the last piece of it as of right now it works amazing I have only lost 1 match of the 10 in Standard. This deck was created to kill Mega Pokémon.

I have noticed that as soon as they lose their Mega they quit or just stop trying.

Im wanting to know if I should add 2 Beldum’s and 1 Bronzong,and If so what should i replace?

Any ideas would be amazing Thank you guys.

If you want to use RS Jirachi you have to make sure the active pokémon doesn't retreat. In order to do so, i found the easiest way is to use Laser to poison them and Dragalge (if your opponent's active pokémon is poisoned it can't retreat), so their only option is to use Switch, otherwise they just faint at the end of the turn. Then again your deck is standard. Being so, i'd suggest you either find a solution to make Jirachi viable or drop it.

Oh above all, YOU DON'T HAVE DRAWING POWER IN THIS DECK! This is what i would change, just suggestions though, and you're the one to use this deck and therefor know better than me how it does in-game.

Pokémon 17

2 Regigigas

1 Metagross-EX

1 Mega Metagross-EX

2 Beldum

2 Metang

2 Metagross “Magnetic warp ability”

1 Dialga-EX

2 Registeel - 1 registeel = 1 registeel

- 2 Drilbur

- 1 Excadrill “with the Barrage ability”

- 2 Jirachi

- 2 Karrablast

- 2 Escavalier

+ 2 bronzor

+ 2 bronzong

+ 1 aegislash ex

Trainer 30

2 Evosoda

2 Lysandre

2 Pokémon center lady

2 wally

1 teammates

2 Pokémon fan club - 1 fan club = 1 fan club

2 Professor’s letters - 1 prof letter = 1 prof letter

- 2 Steven

- 2 Tierno

- 2 Great Ball

- 1 Lucky Helmet

1 Muscle Band + 1 muscle band = 2 muscle band

+ 4 ultra ****

*** birch

+ 3 sycamore

+ 2 skyla (coming back with BT)

+ 2 float stone (also coming back)

+ 3 vs seeker

Energy 13

4 Double Colorless - 1 dce = 3 dce

13 Steel Energy - 3 energy = 10 energy

Edited by Cuqk

City Championships take place in 2-3 weeks, the format is standard. Who will rule the ****** Manectric / Regice, Vespiquen / Night March, Vileplume / Giratina, Metal Ray? Many players have adopted expanded, but they'll be forced into the new XY-on era to participate. Thoughts?

I run 4 Jirachi in my Metal Deck without anything to keep people from retreating and it works just fine. You only get a KO about 40% of the time, but its still disruptive and still a good way to get energy into the discard for Bronzong. It often forces people to lose energy or to send up something the didn't want to, and sometimes you get a KO. I basically consider getting a KO with Jirachi a bonus, and also, don't forget, when there are no other pokemon on the bench its a guaranteed KO.

City Championships take place in 2-3 weeks, the format is standard. Who will rule the ****** Manectric / Regice, Vespiquen / Night March, Vileplume / Giratina, Metal Ray? Many players have adopted expanded, but they'll be forced into the new XY-on era to participate. Thoughts?

I feel like Manectric is the only one on that list that will ******************* City wins under its belt.

I also feel like Standard is such a step down versus Expanded as far as the skill floor is concerned that the transition should be smooth, as long as they can iron out their deck in time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Arent there a lot more new decks that can be added to this? :P

This comment means alot to me :) I really feel happy, that people are still related to the thread. But actually as mentioned, the thread was put on hold because I had left forums a long while back. I have returned a few days ago, and I have no idea, if I can continue and hence this thread would actually be not very well done, if I couldn't manage it. So I think I would resume again when I think I would be fully ready.

Thanks to everyone who gave their efforts in this thread,

Note - Please DON'T close this thread, I will surely resume it when I have time :)

Thanks wwhs, gave me real happiness that people remember this even after so long :)

Edited by harshu
wwhsdjhudj

This comment means alot to me :) I really feel happy, that people are still related to the thread. But actually as mentioned, the thread was put on hold because I had left forums a long while back. I have returned a few days ago, and I have no idea, if I can continue and hence this thread would actually be not very well done, if I couldn't manage it. So I think I would resume again when I think I would be fully ready.

Thanks to everyone who gave their efforts in this thread,

Note - Please DON'T close this thread, I will surely resume it when I have time :)

Thanks wwhs, gave me real happiness that people remember this even after so long :)

:D man this is one of the best threads in this game! XD How could I forget about it XD But I do appreciate that you are still willing to continue it XD It helped me a lot out when it came out, and even now. But I feel like if this was updated even farther with the new decks, it could help a lot of new players, and some even some older players out too XD So thanks man XD

WWhsdjhudj

:D man this is one of the best threads in this game! XD How could I forget about it XD But I do appreciate that you are still willing to continue it XD It helped me a lot out when it came out, and even now. But I feel like if this was updated even farther with the new decks, it could help a lot of new players, and some even some older players out too XD So thanks man XD

WWhsdjhudj

Thanks for the heart touching comments, they made my day ! :)

Well even I think it needs to be updated, but I will be able to do so when I really find time to make it regular. I hope that happens sometime soon. :)

Edited by harshu

Mewtwo Deck [Removed]

This thread wasn't open for decks right now, so please don't post any in future, maintaining this thread will still need time, so I suggest edit the post, since I won't be able to add it to the list.

I wouldn't want to revive this thread so soon, will only do when I find time. I hope you understand what I am trying to say Thanks :)

Please --> This thread is not opened yet for more replies (not ready to be maintained yet, so please do not post any replies

Thank you very much :)

Edited by harshu
  • Downvote 1

This thread wasn't open for decks right now, so please don't post any in future, maintaining this thread will still need time, so I suggest edit the post, since I won't be able to add it to the list.

I wouldn't want to revive this thread so soon, will only do when I find time. I hope you understand what I am trying to say Thanks :)

Please --> This thread is not opened yet for more replies (not ready to be maintained yet, so please do not post any replies

oh ok sorry then. i didnt see that. i figured since you was listing good decks i would for new players. but why not just leave it there so when new players read they can see hey there is a mewtwo deck. i didnt see one for him tho. but if you wish i can remove it tho if you still wish for it to be removed.

• Upvote 1

oh ok sorry then. i didnt see that. i figured since you was listing good decks i would for new players. but why not just leave it there so when new players read they can see hey there is a mewtwo deck. i didnt see one for him tho. but if you wish i can remove it tho if you still wish for it to be removed.

Apparently I don't want this thread to be active at this moment, so as such no one will take a look and as such you have another thread for it. I said this so, because every deck that has been listed, is put on the first page, but I seriously don't want this thread to be active, and your deck has been already given a thread which is active, so yea I would like you to edit it out.

Sorry and this thread is inactive (please Don't close it, Please don't reply anymore. It will be revived later - for the better :) )

Thanks !

• Downvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Pika36521

Here's another very very cheap deck, still it's expanded so you can't find these cards on the online shop anymore, but still a very fun deck and competitive among beginners.

Reshiram Deck: i'll post the list if you want.

pokemasterTz

Here's another very very cheap deck, still it's expanded so you can't find these cards on the online shop anymore, but still a very fun deck and competitive among beginners.

Reshiram Deck: i'll post the list if you want.

Don't post, this thread is inactive!

• Downvote 1