The Best Decks in TCG

harshu

Whoa. Really Thanks to azi, sharking, deathsharky for posting their layouts/comments on the deck. Since the deck is a popular one. This would really help players making a Hit and Run Donphan Deck. Thanks a lot for this guys. I would like your continued support for this forum. Thanks a lot :)

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here to contribute a poison deck which i just cobbled up a couple of days back:

Pokemon: 12

3x toxicroak-ex

2x venusaur

1x mega venusaur

2x qwilfish (poison jab)

2x trubbish

1x garbodor (garbotoxin)

1x virizion-ex

Trainers: 35

3x virbank gym

3x N

4x hypnotoxic laser

2x shadow triad

2x pokemon fan club

2x skyla

2x sycamore

2x pokemon centre lady

2x enhanced hammer

2x energy retrieval

2x professor letter

2x lysander

2x vs seeker

2x hard charm

2x float stone

1x master ball

Energy: 13

10x grass energy

3x DC energy

generally my attackers all can induce poison, with lasers and virbank enhancing the poison. shadow triad to retrieve the lasers from discard pile. virizion-ex is used to prevent poison effect, as well as to power up venusaur (if need be). and garbodor is to counter opponent's virizion-ex

it's still work in progress, especially in the trainers section. more ideas are welcome. i'm not a fan of sycamore or colress though.

TIA!

here to contribute a poison deck which i just cobbled up a couple of days back:

Pokemon: 12

3x toxicroak-ex

2x venusaur

1x mega venusaur

2x qwilfish (poison jab)

2x trubbish

1x garbodor (garbotoxin)

1x virizion-ex

Trainers: 35

3x virbank gym

3x N

4x hypnotoxic laser

2x shadow triad

2x pokemon fan club

2x skyla

2x sycamore

2x pokemon centre lady

2x enhanced hammer

2x energy retrieval

2x professor letter

2x lysander

2x vs seeker

2x hard charm

2x float stone

1x master ball

Energy: 13

10x grass energy

3x DC energy

generally my attackers all can induce poison, with lasers and virbank enhancing the poison. shadow triad to retrieve the lasers from discard pile. virizion-ex is used to prevent poison effect, as well as to power up venusaur (if need be). and garbodor is to counter opponent's virizion-ex

it's still work in progress, especially in the trainers section. more ideas are welcome. i'm not a fan of sycamore or colress though.

TIA!

Garbodor will counter ur virizion EX as well .. making u susceptible to lasers. Just pointing that out unless u have something else in mind.

Dragalge should be better and qwilfish is a burdensome add-on .. not required imo.

Hey thanks, 86pikachu86. Just one question. What do I name that deck :P. But thanks a lot for your ideas and I wish to see your support for this forum in future. Your deck will surely help others :)

Just stumbled across this thread, here are a few suggestions:

1. Depending how large this thread will actually become, it would be neat if you could add the number of the post after each deck, just to make it easier to find them ( as soon as this hits double digits or so it would be bothersome to search through the entire thread, just to find a deck).

2. Add the specific format for the decks ( i.e. Standard, Expanded, etc.), to avoid any confusion.

3. if possible: change the title of this thread. This is actually my biggest concern, because it is very misleading. I was expecting a discussion about the current meta decks and so forth, instead you claim that this thread is aimed towards new players who seek advice / improvement for their decks. I think that this is a great idea and it has the potential to become a great and helpful thread, however I just had to ask myself: If I were a novice player that wanted to share his deck list, I wouldn't post it in a thread called " The BEST Decks in PTCGO".

I dont know if I should post 2 Decks,but take another.

This is my Swampert/Primal Kyogre Deck.I dont know if Ill call it "Best",but it has done pretty good.I have 141 wins out of 200 Matches(almost 20-30 matches I lost because of Disconnection or game becoming unplayable) with this,so pretty good I guess.Now ill just give the decklist and explain:

Pokemon:(14)

3-1-3 Swampert AT

2-2 Primal Kyogre EX

2 Suicuine

2 Keldeo EX

Onto Trainers,

Trainers:(34)

3 Dive Balls

2 Enhanced Hammers

2 Prof.Letter

1 Energy Retrieval

3 Rare Candy

1 Startling Megaphone

1 Switch

2 VS Seeker

1 Scramble Switch Ace Spec

2 Colress

2 Lysandre

1 Poke Centre Lady

2 Prof.Juniper

2 Prof. Brch

2 Skyla

2 Rough Seas

1 Float Stone

2 Muscle Band

2 Kyogre Spirit Link

Energies:(12)

10 Water Energies

2 DCE

So I was gonna Explain use of al cards,but I just mistakenly closed my Browser and most my explainations ************** ill just explain how this deck works,not by describing the use of each card(Which I did),

The main attacker of this deck is Swampert,its a great *********** has a good attack,accompanied with a good ability.Growth can help it to set up in 2 turns(or even 1)and do a hefty amount of damage.Primal Kyogre EX might be called the 2nd attacker,its a pretty good card.Though it takes time to set up.Suicune is for....Safeguard(you know it).And Keldeo is mainly for Rush In-retreat,but its a good attacker too.

I would have wrote more(A LOT more),but I just didnt want to write the same things twice.

Feel free to ask any questions or any suggestions :) Thanks for reading.

1. Depending how large this thread will actually become, it would be neat if you could add the number of the post after each deck, just to make it easier to find them ( as soon as this hits double digits or so it would be bothersome to search through the entire thread, just to find a deck).

2. Add the specific format for the decks ( i.e. Standard, Expanded, etc.), to avoid any confusion.

3. if possible: change the title of this thread. This is actually my biggest concern, because it is very misleading. I was expecting a discussion about the current meta decks and so forth, instead you claim that this thread is aimed towards new players who seek advice / improvement for their decks. I think that this is a great idea and it has the potential to become a great and helpful thread, however I just had to ask myself: If I were a novice player that wanted to share his deck list, I wouldn't post it in a thread called " The BEST Decks in PTCGO".

Well thanks Felidae. I really liked the feed back. I will try to do what you listed down. So thank you. :)

Also thanks Latis for posting another deck. :) Hope people would continue to support this deck :)

It Seems that Night March deck has no more improvements to be done as such. So I will be posting the Final layout in a day or so. If there are any improvements. Please Comment. And thanks Felidae for such a great feedback. I have considered it and will be working on it. Thanks Latis for posting another Deck Layout. And don't worry, nobody will feel bad especially when you are helping players.

Well, I'm going to post my Gourgeist/Slurpuff deck. It's a cheap, fun and deceptively powerful deck relying on Slurpuff and Gourgeist from Phantom Forces. For those who are just starting out and want a deck whose cards will stay in format for at least another rotation, this should be the deck for you!

Pokemon - 16

4-4 Slurpuff (Tasting)

3-3 Gourgeist PHF

2 Dedenne FUF

Supporter - 14

3 Cheren

2 Colress

2 Lysandre's Trump Card

2 Professor Juniper

1 Caitlin

1 Lysandre

1 Pokemon Fan Club

1 Teammates

1 Xerosic

Items - 17

4 VS Seeker

3 Evosoda

2 Professor's Letter

2 Robo Substitute

1 Energy Retrieval

1 Escape Rope

1 Scoop Up Cyclone ACE SPEC

1 Silver Bangle

1 Switch

1 Ultra Ball

Stadium - 3

3 Dimension Valley

Energy - 10

6 Psychic

3 Grass

1 Rainbow

---

Now let me go over the cards we will be using.

Gourgeist PHF

This Pokemon is your main attacker. It's Horror Note attack, for 1 Psychic and 2 Colorless, does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for every card in your hand. To add to that, it has the ability Gourgantic, which gives it a whooping 200 HP when it has a Grass Energy attached to it.

Slurpuff PHF

Gourgeist's attacks are super weak without any good Pokemon to support it. That is where Slurpuff comes it. It's ability, Tasting, lets you draw a card, 2 cards if it is your active Pokemon. We run 4 lines of them in this deck, and the draw power they provide allows Gourgeist to hit incredible amounts of damage, hitting even Primals for the OHKO.

It also has a decent amount of HP and resist darkness, making it an excellent tank against Yveltal Ex who usually makes short work of Gourgeist.

Dedenne

This Pokemon is here for two reasons. The first is that it has a call for family attack that can help bring out your Swirlix and Pumpkaboo to quickly set up. The second is that it is a counter to the headache inducing Yveltal EX. With 1 energy, a Silver Bangle and 3 energy on the Yveltal (which naturally stacks energies), it can knock it out in one hit.

Now for the trainers.

Cheren

It's an unusual card, but it is the only reliable straight draw supporter. +20 damage whenever this card is played.

Professor Juniper & Colress

Nothing hurts this deck more than a well timed N. Besides making it easier to set Slurpuff and Gourgeist, these 2 cards are the fastest at bringing up your hand to a decent size after getting it disrupted.

Lysandre's Trump Card

With you drawing 5, or more cards each turn, you tend to run low of cards in your deck. This card is important for making sure that you do not run out of cards, hence why 2 of them are played here.

Caitlin

This is one of the rarest supporters to be played, seen only in Fossil decks. It is an amazing card in this deck, because once you have 15 or more cards in your hand, she lets you access your entire deck to get that last card you need.

Lysandre

Lets you take out high priority targets in your opponent's bench.

Pokemon Fan Club

Shares the same purpose as Dedenne's first attack. Helps get your basics into play.

Teammates

This deck relies on Robo Subs and your other Pokemon to stall until you get Gourgeist online. With Teammates, those knock outs turn into a powerful advantage, letting you get any two cards from your deck to turn the tide.

Xerosic

This is used instead of Megaphone because it can go through Toad lock. You can afford to use it because you draw cards very quickly regardless of whether you play a draw support or not.

VS Seeker

If you haven't noticed, this deck contains a lot of single copies of several supporters. This card is a potential extra copy of each of them. It is also important for getting out Lysandre's Trump Card. 4 copies are played here, because of how powerful they are.

Evosoda

Helps evolving all your stage ones.

Professor's Letter

This card plays a double role in this deck. It helps you get out energy, and at the same time serves to increase your hand size. As long as you have 2 basic energy left in your deck, it gives +10 damage.

Robo Substitute

Great for stalling and activating Teammates.

Energy Retrieval

Like Professor's Letter, it plays 2 roles. If you have 2 energy in the discard, it gives +10 damage.

Scoop Up Cyclone

This card can provide a good burst of damage by sacrificing one of your Pokemon. Nothing is more frustrating than hitting a Gourgeist only for it to survive with 10 HP, then having it scooped up to let another Benched Gourgeist hit even harder. Remember how Slurpuff draws 2 cards when in the active? This card forms a combo with that, letting you draw that extra 1 card, then picking it up to get yet another +1 to hand size.

Dimension Valley

This card reduces Horror Note's attack cost to only 2 energy, making Gourgeist a lot easier to set up and replace. As a plus, it gets rid of unfavorable stadiums. There are only three in this deck because your draw power allow you to get them in a timely manner, and when you run out, Lysandre's Trump Card puts them back into the deck to redraw.

Rainbow Energy

Lets you attack with Slurpuff in the chance that all three of your Gourgeist or Pumpkaboo are prized (note, 200 or so games and this has yet to happen to me). It is also somewhat useful for dealing with darkness decks by piggybacking on their Shadow Circles to get rid of your weakness, or as a free retreat with opponent Fairy Gardens.

This turned out a lot longer than I expected.

Well thanks Rakkis157 for posting your deck on this forum. I hope you continue to support this forum in future as well :)

Rakkis157, on 24 Feb 2015 - 2:41 PM, said:Note: The numbers at the rightmost of each card are their prices* in packs.* Based of the Top Cut Prices
Well the only problem, I thought it is you don't need to pu any prices and plus naming a trading company would be considered as an advetisement which won't be good. Though I know you posted this information for new players, but the prices should be left on the players themselves. I am not against Top Cut or any trading company. But the thing that is, people won't like it. I said this because I have experienced this in the game. (I won't be telling about it because it would be deviating from the topic). Anyway thanks for posting and please continue to support this forum.

Hey, awesome_guy I was just reading a thread on how to counter Virgen. I just posted your deck(the fire one). I want you to put a layout of that deck here. It would be great for players, because Virgen is amongst the top decks. So please post you fire deck here. It would help many players, especially me :D

Also can anyone print the lostgar deck's layout. I need it. Though I know I would need to have HGSS era cards.

I Completely agree with point 3

azimuthal_, on 25 Feb 2015 - 9:20 PM, said:

I Completely agree with point 3

But Now if I change the Topic Name won't it be hard for people to find it again ?

Also, Yipee this is my 100th post :) :D Whooooo, Yipee.

Sorry ! for that got really excited. :D

But Now if I change the Topic Name won't it be hard for people to find it again ? Also, Yipee this is my 100th post :) :D Whooooo, Yipee. Sorry ! for that got really excited. :D

I think people open a thread based on its topic name .. and the topic and content don't go in sync .. hence the suggestion for change in thread name cropped up

Your thread will remain visible in the same spot on forum as it was before - as far as not finding it again is concerned

azimuthal_, on 26 Feb 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

I think people open a thread based on its topic name .. and the topic and content don't go in sync .. hence the suggestion for change in thread name cropped up

Your thread will remain visible in the same spot on forum as it was before - as far as not finding it again is concerned

This.

Better to change it now than change it later when the thread has 100+ replies.

Well It seems, I am posting a good Deck. Try this out.

The DARK Deck

Pokemon = 11

3 Yveltal EX

2 Darkrai EX

1 Jirachi EX

2 Absol (Team Plasma - Mind Jack)

2 Sableye

1 Yveltal (Normal one from XY with Oblivian Wing)

Trainers = 37

4 Professor Juniper

4 N

4 Ultra Ball

4 Hypnotix Lasers

3 Muscle Bonds

3 Colress

2 Virbank City Gym

2 Float Stones

1 Silent Labs

1 Shadow Circle

2 Lysandre

1 Lysandre's Trump Card

2 Teammates

1 VS Seeker

2 Professor's Letter

1 Megaphones

Energy = 12

8 Dark Energy

4 Double Colourless Energy

Now this is how the Deck works -

Your main attacker is Yveltal EX with its Evil Ball. Darkrai is to give a free retreat. Yveltal is to attach discarded energy and to deal with Safegaurd Pokemon. Jirachi EX is used for its stellar guidance in case you are supportless or need a specefic supporter. Since your Bench will get filled up, you could use Absol to attack for about 80-100 for just 2 energies and it can also be used to meddle with Safegaurds. Well the Sableye is just used to retrieve some Cards from the Discard Pile.

Now towards the trainers. Juniper is used as staple in all the decks, just to get off with a Bad Hand and get a good one. N is used to slow down your opponent who has got away with some prize cards. Ultra Ball is for searching the Pokemon you need at the right time. Hypnotix is just used for opponents that are hard to damage for example - Suicune or Latias EX having the ability. So incase you don't have a counter safegaurd pokemon, Hypnotix is there to help you paired with virbank Gym, to cause more damage. Muscle Bonds are to increase more damage from your Pokemon. Float Stones are in case, Darkrai's Ability is out of work in case of a Garbotoxin or Silent Lab. Well The Silent Labi is to stop Safegaurd and Virgen deck. Shadow Circle is in case an opponent is damaging twice due to weakness. Lysandres are used to put your strategy to work, and destroy your opponent's. It can be used for Hit and Run decks. Lysandre's Trump Card is to retrieve the cards, you need and lost due to Junipers. Teammates are used for searching 2 free cards if your Sableye is knocked out while getting retrieving you cards from Dicard Pile or One of your pokemon is knocked out. VS Seeker is to get your Lysandre's Trump card incase it is discarded. Professor Letter incase you are dried out of energy. Megaphone to counter G Booster.

And the Energy you can make out.

Hope this helps, also now this deck is open for improvements :)

This. Better to change it now than change it later when the thread has 100+ replies.

Thanks Azi and Rakkis157, but tell me what do I change the name to, All TCG Decks or Deck Collection of TCG or something please Suggest.

Also the page numbers would be posted after I post the final deck after improvements in the Topic on that deck.

@harshu:

Since Sableye, at least the one with Junkhunt, is currently not part of the standart format, I'd suggest you either cut him, or tailor your decks towards the Expanded format (i.e. adding dark patch, etc.).

Otherwise I'd cut 1 Colress + 1 Floatstone for +2 VS Seeker.

It's also worth considering to add 1 Keldeo-Ex for rush in and potentiol OHK against Donphan, as well as 2 Seismitoad EX.

what felidae has posted is a very valid point.. if you're planning to use expanded, you might as well use dark patch which is one of the reasons darkrai decks were so terrifying (they still are.. but not nearly as much)

And on request from harshu I am posting my fire deck here :)

note: this is still a fairly crude version (only around 30-40 battles), so any suggestions are appreciated

pokemon

2 camerupt-ex

2 litleo

2 flare command pyroar

4 torchic (ancient trait)

2 combusken (midair strike)

3 blaziken (spreading flames)

trainers

4 rare candy

3 switch

2 vs seeker

3 blacksmith

1 trump card

2 juniper

2 xerosic

4 scorched earth

1 ace spec of choice (comp search/dowsing machine/life dew recommended)

1 ultra ball

energy

2 dce

20 fire energy

To answer a few questions which will probably pop up for you

1. why flare command?

flare command pyroar can complete lysandre's actions at a measly cost of one energy while blaziken can attach 3 in one turn.. and saves you a supporter.. plus this has the added benefit of being able to act literally unlimited times and can work on primal groudon which seems to be a pain to beat for lysandre decks..

2. rare candy and combusken.. both?

well firstly the main reason for this is seismi.. at this point you're probably so annoyed with the deck that if it blocks a rare candy and doesn't allow blaziken which is the center point of your deck.. you'll probably go hit your head against the wall.. hence the combusken..

3. so little draw support?

this deck is a naturally drawing deck.. the stadium.. and sacrificing a torchic can really speed up the process of draw..

as usual after that, blazi reattaches and camerupt incinerates everything stupid enough to stay put

thanks for reading and do leave suggestions :)

harshu, on 26 Feb 2015 - 5:08 PM, said:

Thanks Azi and Rakkis157, but tell me what do I change the name to, All TCG Decks or Deck Collection of TCG or something please Suggest.

Also the page numbers would be posted after I post the final deck after improvements in the Topic on that deck.

Collection/Compilation of Decks for Beginners, maybe?

But then again some of the decks here aren't very beginner friendly (Virigen).

If it's Compilation of Decks, then the decks should be skeleton decks instead of finalized decks.

Collection/Compilation of Decks for Beginners, maybe? But then again some of the decks here aren't very beginner friendly (Virigen). If it's Compilation of Decks, then the decks should be skeleton decks instead of finalized decks.

I think you are right. But the reason still holds. My Aim - The Topic is to create a collection of Decks that can help new players and Players with a bit of experience. So Great Decks would always help, like Virgen. So Please suggest me a good name.

Archived