The Best Decks in TCG

harshu

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, Fiery Torch is never something to consider, EVER. It seems decent on paper, but in practice, it's just a dead card most of the time.

Actually, Fiery Torch is never something to consider, EVER. It seems decent on paper, but in practice, it's just a dead card most of the time.

scorched earth is better and it does excactly the same thing

Okay, but SER is still something to consider harshu. Fiery torch was just mentioned because your running so much energy.

SER definitely works in harshu's Camerupt, but I found in pure Fandango decks without Electrode PLF Magnetic Draw or Delphox XY your hand size gets super small a lot of the time and it is sometimes impossible to play SER, it's hard to get an extra card with scorched earth if your energy is all discarded at the time and if you are up on prizes early (because you were lucky enough to get Emboar set up quick) N becomes a problem.

I've been trying a super speed Reshiram Blue Flare deck recently relying on Blacksmith and VS Seeker with the fire draw engine and pokemon draw support and it works super well with a couple Battle Compressors.

I played against one that had FLF Pyroar, Reshiram and Camerupt that worked on the same principle, it was really fast but later on in the game it couldn't pull off the 200 damage hit that is possible with Emboar / Camerupt, I still lost ultimately, my Salamence RSK deck was too slow and decked out.

Anyway, Battle Compressor: yeah.  There's nothing better than having one in your first hand with a VS Seeker playing Fire decks.

hey harshu, is there a keldeo blastoise list on the thread yet? if not, I wuld love to post a list. the reason i am asking is because I do not see it on the list, but with such a well-known deck like this, it would be suprising if no one has posted a list yet.

Is this a good deck list? (My variation on Emboar with Camels)

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 18

3 Emboar PR-BLW BW21

1 Pignite BLW 18

1 Jirachi-EX PLB 98

1 Reshiram LTR 137

2 Fennekin KSS 8

3 Camerupt-EX PRC 29

3 Tepig BCR 24

1 Lugia-EX AOR 68

1 Braixen XY 25

2 Delphox XY 26

Trainer Cards - 33

2 Professor's Letter XY 123

2 Wally ROS 94

2 Lysandre FLF 90

1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97

2 Scorched Earth PRC 138

4 Ultra Ball FLF 99

1 Escape Rope PRC 127

1 Teammates PRC 141

1 Professor Juniper DEX 98

4 N NVI 92

1 Colress PLS 118

1 Weakness Policy PRC 142

2 Rare Candy PRC 135

1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128

3 VS Seeker PHF 109

4 Superior Energy Retrieval PLF 103

1 Switch BLW 104

Energy - 9

9 Fire Energy BLW 106

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Well too many Pokemon spoil the show ? You want. Ofcourse I understand why you need that Pignite and Delphox. But here is a tip my buddy. Because the list what you are playing is what 90% similar I was playing. But a great player gave me an advice. Every Deck that has a strategy that it needs to win. Then the moment you are in the match, you must focus on getting that strategy run ! So First priority is to set up Delphox and then Emboar. So when you get these 2, you are hardly going to lose. You also have covered up the weakness of toad. But the thing is, get Emboar set up, before Delphox, when you play against Toad. Thats how you finish it and it can't do ********************* is a thing I know 30+20) But then you will eventually stop the Toad ! Atleast 1-2 turns will be there, where you could use item cards. Maybe lysandreing and then when you set up Delphox, you are likely to win. Your layout is pretty good. But I don't find it consistent. As such PTCGO Draw is so bad !

I find it interesting, and I am gonna take consideration of what you posted, when we all finalise the deck :)

Thanks for the input :)

Well too many Pokemon spoil the show ? You want. Ofcourse I understand why you need that Pignite and Delphox. But here is a tip my buddy. Because the list what you are playing is what 90% similar I was playing. But a great player gave me an advice. Every Deck that has a strategy that it needs to win. Then the moment you are in the match, you must focus on getting that strategy run ! So First priority is to set up Delphox and then Emboar. So when you get these 2, you are hardly going to lose. You also have covered up the weakness of toad. But the thing is, get Emboar set up, before Delphox, when you play against Toad. Thats how you finish it and it can't do ********************* is a thing I know 30+20) But then you will eventually stop the Toad ! Atleast 1-2 turns will be there, where you could use item cards. Maybe lysandreing and then when you set up Delphox, you are likely to win. Your layout is pretty good. But I don't find it consistent. As such PTCGO Draw is so bad !

I find it interesting, and I am gonna take consideration of what you posted, when we all finalise the deck :)

Thanks for the input :)

Yeah, my list is not very consistent. Most of the time I'll get a T2 Delphox and a T3 or T4 Emboar. That's WAAAY too slow in the current meta. Surprisingly, you can get away with a T4 set up, and still win the game in PTCG:O. Thanks for the help! :)  

I have tested delboar, i didnt like the emboar too much so i removed him and relied on blacksmith more often and added reshiram and entei (non ancient trait one) and it worked more smoothly it did. still struggled against toads but then i built a Fireplume deck and sorted the toad problem out.

Okay,

For Ariados AO

You've got Machamp EX

Sceptile EX

obvious choices

Except Sceptile EX isn't immune to poison after Virizion EX rotates

Other choices:

Miltank _ Vileplume

Ninetales : Hexed Flames

Doublade

How about a hit and run deck?

You poison all active pokemon, then you attack with Donphan, Accelgor, MeinShao, Gengar EX and switch / attack meaning that your pokemon is no longer poisoned.

I thought Doublade would be awesome: reduce to 10 HP, pioson with AriadosL OHKO. . . . BUT forest of giant plants vs steel shelter for Doublade is a problem.  Gourgeist is no good because it will be KO'd too by poison damage after an Eerie Scream or whatever.

A hit and run deck would be good since you will never take poison damage since your main attacker switches, Gengar EX is kind of wasted, since your opponent is al;ready poisoned. . .  Blastoise EX?  Accelgor? 

Whatever.

Okay,

For Ariados AO

You've got Machamp EX

Sceptile EX

obvious choices

Except Sceptile EX isn't immune to poison after Virizion EX rotates

Other choices:

Miltank _ Vileplume

Ninetales : Hexed Flames

Doublade

How about a hit and run deck?

You poison all active pokemon, then you attack with Donphan, Accelgor, MeinShao, Gengar EX and switch / attack meaning that your pokemon is no longer poisoned.

I thought Doublade would be awesome: reduce to 10 HP, pioson with AriadosL OHKO. . . . BUT forest of giant plants vs steel shelter for Doublade is a problem.  Gourgeist is no good because it will be KO'd too by poison damage after an Eerie Scream or whatever.

A hit and run deck would be good since you will never take poison damage since your main attacker switches, Gengar EX is kind of wasted, since your opponent is al;ready poisoned. . .  Blastoise EX?  Accelgor? 

Whatever.

If you play accelgor, no need to play Aridos. On the other thing, Donphan can be a very good idea, but Blastoise EX sounds to bad and weak in attacking !

If you play accelgor, no need to play Aridos. On the other thing, Donphan can be a very good idea, but Blastoise EX sounds to bad and weak in attacking !

Yeah, harshu is right, but going back to doublade, I think instead of doublade, Ariados plus mew ex plus dimension valley plus raticate plus dce might be good.

A hit and run attacker would not take damage from Ariados' poison since they would be on the bench and without special conditions before the turn ends, yeah, Donphan would be excellent since I can't think of any other hit and run attackers that only use a single energy, Gengar EX would be redundant, Accelgor excellent, but you're right, why bother with Ariados then. 

I thought Doublade would be good since steel shelter would protect it from Ariados, you'd want trick coin or Fliptini and it conflicts with Giant Plant Forest to rely on Steel Shelter.

Virizion EX is the obvious solution, there's another pokemon that does that too (confers immunity to special conditions) isn't there? I think it might be a stage 1 fairy, but it escapes me right now, anybody can list all the ways you can protect your own pokemon from special conditions?  Sparkling Robe, Steel Shelter, Virizion EX?

I have a Speedquaza deck that is ridiculously fast and strong:

Pokemon:

x4 Rayquaza EX (RS)

x3 M Rayquaza EX (RS)

x4 Shaymin EX (RS)

x2 Milktank

3-3-3 Line of Ancient Trait Togekiss

Trainers:

x1 Computer Search

x1 Trainer's Mail

x4 Ultra Ball

x2 Vs Seeker

x3 Colress

x2 Lysandre

x3 N

x2 Pokemon Fan Club

x3 Sky Field

x1 Muscle Band

x3 Rayquaza Spirit Link

Energies:

x3 DCE

x10 Fairy Energy

This is a super quick deck that sets up super fast and is really strong, I use it more than any other, gets me a lot of wins !

I have a Speedquaza deck that is ridiculously fast and strong:

Pokemon:

x4 Rayquaza EX (RS)

x3 M Rayquaza EX (RS)

x4 Shaymin EX (RS)

x2 Milktank

3-3-3 Line of Ancient Trait Togekiss

Trainers:

x1 Computer Search

x1 Trainer's Mail

x4 Ultra Ball

x2 Vs Seeker

x3 Colress

x2 Lysandre

x3 N

x2 Pokemon Fan Club

x3 Sky Field

x1 Muscle Band

x3 Rayquaza Spirit Link

Energies:

x3 DCE

x10 Fairy Energy

This is a super quick deck that sets up super fast and is really strong, I use it more than any other, gets me a lot of wins !

Why not replace the togekiss with mega turbo and more draw? I think it would work better.

Why not replace the togekiss with mega turbo and more draw? I think it would work better.

Togekiss is way better not only because it can evolve so quick because of it's trait ability, but because it can attach an unlimited amount of energy depending on how many you find in the top 6 cards in your deck. So lets say you find 3, you can attach all 3 to your pokemon in any way you like. While mega turbo doesn't work that good since it attaches only 1 energy and it has to be from the discard pile. I'll put it like this, you can only have 4 mega turbo in your deck meaning you can only get 4 energy from it, while with just 1 Togekiss you could get 4 energy from the top 6 cards in your deck. Trust me I know what works better, plus I already have enough draw with 4 Shaymin. And also the combo of Colress and Sky field, gives you draw power like nothing else. I've played this deck many many times and I get a fully powered up Mega Rayquaza ready in just 2 turns most of the time. You won't know how good this deck is until you try it.

Togekiss is way better not only because it can evolve so quick because of it's trait ability, but because it can attach an unlimited amount of energy depending on how many you find in the top 6 cards in your deck. So lets say you find 3, you can attach all 3 to your pokemon in any way you like. While mega turbo doesn't work that good since it attaches only 1 energy and it has to be from the discard pile. I'll put it like this, you can only have 4 mega turbo in your deck meaning you can only get 4 energy from it, while with just 1 Togekiss you could get 4 energy from the top 6 cards in your deck. Trust me I know what works better, plus I already have enough draw with 4 Shaymin. And also the combo of Colress and Sky field, gives you draw power like nothing else. I've played this deck many many times and I get a fully powered up Mega Rayquaza ready in just 2 turns most of the time. You won't know how good this deck is until you try it.

Acctually, I play M Ray a lot, and can speak from experience. With mega turbo, I can consistently get turn one rayquaza set up. you don't need to keep pumping up energy, so I like mega turbo better, as it is only four spots in the deck, versus a 9 spots for togekiss, and you don't need as much energy in your deck with turbo.

Acctually, I play M Ray a lot, and can speak from experience. With mega turbo, I can consistently get turn one rayquaza set up. you don't need to keep pumping up energy, so I like mega turbo better, as it is only four spots in the deck, versus a 9 spots for togekiss, and you don't need as much energy in your deck with turbo.

I've tried both, and togekiss works way better, maybe you should try it before talking trash about it. In 4 turns I have 3 mega rayquazas fully powered up, with mega turbo I could never achieve that :P

The problem is: you don't need 3 powered up Rayquazas on turn 4. While those numbers can be quite impressive on paper and also in game, running zero ways to power up a Rayquaza on the first turn, without relying on a steady source of energy retrieval and alternative attackers like Metal Rayquaza ( I won't count Miltank for this), all together with zero Altaria to protect against Night Marsh and Manectric, this list looks rather fragile.

While it do just fine online ? I'm sure it does and I certainly believe you when you say that you have had great results with it, however you should question if those results are based on the list, or the solemn fact that Rayquaza is incredible strong and that the majority of the ptcgo player base isn't really good to begin with.

The main problem I see with the list is you devoting roughly 17 cards for the concept, while the same can easily achieved with the “traditional” list as well, while providing enough slots for tech cards such as Virizion, Altaria, Eggs, etc. a better and easier accessible Supporter line-up with Battle Compressor and more VS Seeker and a way to power up right from the start.

I don't want to hate on your list, but fact of the matter is that your interpretation of the archetype isn't as good as the regular list that has been tested throughout in the past months and no, I don't need to play a single game with the deck to come to this conclusion.

This is my Raichu varient deck for standard play 

Flare Circuit Deck

Pokemon - 20

3x Shaymin ex

3x Unown

4x Pikachu (nuzzle)

4x Raichu (Xy)

1x Bunnalby (AT)

3x Eevee (energy evolution)

2x Flareion 

Items - 23

3x skyfield